• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic HDC-SD1 - how to play archived .MTS files using SD1?

D

davejs

Guys - really hope one of you can help me here...

I just bought a Panasonic HDC-SD1, and it's great - easy to use, great quality etc etc.
But - my problem:
- I capture a bunch of footage - fill the SDHC card
- I connect to my PC via USB
- I copy off the .MTS files
- I confirm that I can play these files (jerkily..) on my PC
- I delete the .MTS files from the SDHC card to make space for more footage

So far so good... but I now want to play back the archived .MTS files on my HD TV. I don't have a separate HD player. I really want to copy the archived .MTS files back onto the SDHC card, and play back using the SD1.

But - when I copy the files into the original location on the SD1 (<root>:\PRIVATE\AVCHD\BDMV\STREAM) the SD1 doesn't recognise the new files!

So - I think I have a few options:
a/ I'm missing something obvious.. (I really hope so!)
b/ There's some way to get the SD1 to regenerate its various index files to recognise the new files
c/ There's a separate, standalone PC utility to regenerate a "working" file system that I can copy onto the SD1?
d/ I need to copy off/on the entirety of the file system rather than just the .MTS files (what a pain)
e/ I need to buy a separate HD player :(

I can't believe I'm the first to come across this.. I must be missing something.. please..?!

(BTW - my unit arrived without the Panasonic s/w on CD (on back order) - does this s/w allow workable copy of .MTS files back onto the SDHC card?)

D

davejs

Thanks rhubarbe - I feared as much.. my wife is rapidly going off my new venture into HD :(

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom