Panasonic HD writer ae 4.0 - how to add skips?

stookeyblues

Novice Member
Reaction score
This is my first time using PC software to edit so I'll still fiinding my way around.

I recorded a concert in one continuous session. After loading it into HD writer ae 4.0, I divided the recording into 5 segments with a 'transition' between the segments.

From past experience with editing using DVD-recorders, I expected to be able to 'skip' to each transition point. However after burning the DVD, I find I can't do any skipping. If I want to view the last song, I have to fast-forward to it.

The manual is of no help. Can anyone advise how to add skips? Or perhaps suggest an editing software which has this feature (and if the movie can be seamless over the skips, that would be a bonus.)

Transitions are just designed to move smoothly between shots. If you want to be able to skip to specific points then you need to insert "Chapter markers" at those points in the video before you burn to DVD.

I am not familiar with HD writer, but I doubt it can be done. The software is, like most of its ilk, pretty basic. I suggest that you need to investigate a proprietary editing program like Magix.

Thanks for the replies. HD Writer came with the Panasonic camcorder that I've just bought so I was using it as an interim measure and also having some fun trying out the effects. You would think that adding chapter markers would be a pretty basic feature.

Will check out Magix and others.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom