1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic HD Plasma with Sky - how to connect

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by team_edition, Aug 13, 2005.

1. team_edition

Standard Member

Feb 27, 2005
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    OK, so I've spent all this money on a 37" Panasonic HD plasma (PV500), with a Panasonic DVD/400Gb recorder and my "old" Pace Sky box. So how should I connect them to maximise picture quality?!

I want to use component out on the DVD player.recorder to the plasma for obvious reasons. But then how do I connect the Sky box? As it only has one RGB Scart out I would think to connect that directly to the plasma. However, in doing so it means I'm recording on my 400Gb recorder throught the VCR scart on the Pace which is pretty poor PQ when played back thru' the plasma, compared with the "live" Pace RGB output which is perfectly good.

So then I thought I could connect the Pace using the RGB scart to the DVD and leave that with it's component link to the plasma. Then you have to leave the DVD on all the time to watch Sky on the plasma!

What am I doing wrong or what do any of you guys suggest? Is there a Sky box with two RGB outputs perhaps?

All input gratefully received.