1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic HD 600 problems

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by helicop, Jun 9, 2002.

Tags:
  1. helicop

helicop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My panasonic HD 600 video recorder has recently decided to not only spit out its dummy but also to spit out videos. Almost all home and pre-recorded tapes are being rejected by the machine which will initially accept them then eject.
    The digital display then shows up the error or fault code which is either F 03 or F 07.
    By current standards this is a rather old machine but has served me well. Its only previous mis-demeanour was related to the videoplus function and the auto-clock setting which was rectified with a new chip.
    Has anyone else encountered these fault codes and if so what's the prognosis for repair.
    In other words should I stick or twist

2. Paul G

Paul G

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I expect it can be improved by a good repair man. But yes, at £40 for a basic service, is it really worth it?
    I had a similar prob with one of my panny machines and improved it by re-lubricating the parts under the deck. I'm not a pro so it was more luck than judgement.

:eek:

3. helicop

helicop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Paul,
    You're right. I'd be looking at least at a £40 bill for a service and thats before parts.
    I'll try your suggestion of lubricating some of the moving parts first before implementing plan B. I presume thats what the engineer would do anyway. Ive already had the back and sides off and removed 6 years worth of dust with cotton buds.
    As a leg up I could really do with a translation of the fault codes F03 & F07. I dare say that would also give an indication of the repair costs involved.
    At the moment I'm keeping one eye on a new machine maybe a Panny but probably a Tosh.
    Thanks

4. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you set it to the correct region Code:D