Panasonic HC-X920 Checking for latest Firmware

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by baxwalker, Aug 9, 2017.

1. baxwalker

baxwalker
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi all,

How can I check if I have the latest firmware on my X920. It's showing version 1.1

I've gone round in circles on the Panasonic website. Also, if there is an update, where do I find the 'download'?

Regards
    John

2. Terfyn

Terfyn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +248
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  3. baxwalker

baxwalker
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Many thanks Terfyn,
    Can't see any updates for the X920. I wish there was a list of latest update versions to check against.
    John

4. Terfyn

Terfyn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +248
    That is the list as far as I know. There was only one update for the 750 and that was in 2014.

Clearly they will put the latest version of the software into a new camera and only up date if there is a major alteration required. They may think the X920 is perfection.:facepalm:

I would suggest you "underexpose" slightly and then correct in your video editor. Any camera on "auto" will compromise the exposure to get the darker areas showing clearly, my experience with the 750 is that it will record even very dark scenes which then become usable with lifting the Brightness in the editor. A spate of Halloween trains and that Ghost Train have demonstrated its performance in very low and zero lighting (with bright bits). Amazingly there is minimal amplifier "noise" and the pictures are quite clear.
    As I suggested before in the other post, the final video is a cooperation between camera and video editor.

What editor are you using?