panasonic gz950 won't turn on

leylany29

Novice Member
My Panasonic GZ950 no longer turns on, I turn the power on at the wall and the TV makes the usual clicking noises when being powered on however nothing shows up on the screen and no lights are on at the front either.

I don't know if there is a switch on the TV that maybe a family member has accidently touched and that is why it no longer turns on?

If such a button exists please let me know otherwise I will have to contact the retailer.

mikej

There's a physical on/off button at the rear on the right-hand side, but presumably that's on otherwise you wouldn't hear anything at all. I would check though. If access is difficult, it's the lowest button and has a raised dot on it.

Do you normally have the power / status LED showing ? If you haven't disabled it, you've checked the rear power button is on, the TV is plugged in and the socket is working then presumably there's a fault. You'd normally expect to get a blinking error code flashing from the power LED but it's possible that the LED itself could fail or it may not work for other reasons due to the fault.

This doesn't sound like a remote issue, but you could try holding down a numbered channel button to rule out a faulty power/standby button and also change the batteries. I've had previous Panasonic TVs that have needed quite a long press of the standby button, so you could try holding it down for a little longer than normal.

Lastly, I would unplug the TV for a while, then plug in and try again.

leylany29

Novice Member
There's a physical on/off button at the rear on the right-hand side, but presumably that's on otherwise you wouldn't hear anything at all. I would check though. If access is difficult, it's the lowest button and has a raised dot on it.

Do you normally have the power / status LED showing ? If you haven't disabled it, you've checked the rear power button is on, the TV is plugged in and the socket is working then presumably there's a fault. You'd normally expect to get a blinking error code flashing from the power LED but it's possible that the LED itself could fail or it may not work for other reasons due to the fault.

This doesn't sound like a remote issue, but you could try holding down a numbered channel button to rule out a faulty power/standby button and also change the batteries. I've had previous Panasonic TVs that have needed quite a long press of the standby button, so you could try holding it down for a little longer than normal.

Lastly, I would unplug the TV for a while, then plug in and try again.
Thanks I pressed the on/off button on the rear of the TV and all is working fine. I was never aware of that button before so I can only assume someone in the household accidently pressed it.

mikej

Thanks I pressed the on/off button on the rear of the TV and all is working fine. I was never aware of that button before so I can only assume someone in the household accidently pressed it.

Cool. Glad it was that simple !

It might be worth having a word with the family, as the pixel refresh / maintenance cycles won't run if it's turned off in that way.

supersonic 395

It might be worth having a word with the family, as the pixel refresh / maintenance cycles won't run if it's turned off in that way.

"Word with the family"

DelGrady.jpg

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member

Or you could 'correct' the family... ;)

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom