Question PANASONIC GZ950 vs LG B9

johnr2110

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Looking to upgrade my 55inch Panasonic EZ952 to a 65inch set, unsure whether to go for another Panasonic or save £200 and get the B9.
TV is used for Sky Q, Netflix plus other streaming services. Discs in SDR & HDR, no gaming. Viewing takes place in the day time or a lit room in the evening, not overly bright. Dark room viewing seldom. Although maybe more with bigger TV.

Last edited:
I think with your sources its worth paying the extra for the C9 or GZ950. The B9 is 90% as good as the C9 but its near to black processing is worse, and probably a slight regression compared to your current TV.

Given you use UHD Blu-Ray discs, the GZ950 would be a path to the most impressive picture accuracy, but the C9 not far behind with better smart TV and more future proof connectivity.

I think with your sources its worth paying the extra for the C9 or GZ950. The B9 is 90% as good as the C9 but its near to black processing is worse, and probably a slight regression compared to your current TV.

Given you use UHD Blu-Ray discs, the GZ950 would be a path to the most impressive picture accuracy, but the C9 not far behind with better smart TV and more future proof connectivity.
Thanks Dodge, as I thought.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom