• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

Question Panasonic gz950 Sharpness

T2990

Standard Member
Hi,

Since a couple of months i own a panasonic 55 inch gz950 and close-up shots are very sharp with good detail ben when the camera shot is further away (wide-shot) the sharpness and detail is bad, is there a setting or something else i can do to make this better? I saw a lot of good reviews on this tv so i was very excited when i got it.

I watch alot of netflix and amazon prime. But also cable tv and football.

I hope someone can help me with this so i can enjoy my tv for the fullest.

Greetings.

johnr2110

Hi,

Since a couple of months i own a panasonic 55 inch gz950 and close-up shots are very sharp with good detail ben when the camera shot is further away (wide-shot) the sharpness and detail is bad, is there a setting or something else i can do to make this better? I saw a lot of good reviews on this tv so i was very excited when i got it.

I watch alot of netflix and amazon prime. But also cable tv and football.

I hope someone can help me with this so i can enjoy my tv for the fullest.

Greetings.
[/QUOTE
What are your viewing generally SD HD or 4k or a combination and what is your viewing distance. Finally what picture setting are you using?

T2990

Standard Member
Thanks for your reply,

Cable tv is in HD content, with Netflix i watch HD/4K/Dolby vision and amazonprime HD/4k/HDR.
For cable tv (HD) i use Pro2 or normal mode.
Netflix i also use Pro 2 or normal mode for HD and 4k. For dolby vison i use the dolby bright mode.
Amazon i use pro 2 or normal mode for HD/4k/HDR.

my viewing distance is +/- 3 meters.

johnr2110

Thanks for your reply,

Cable tv is in HD content, with Netflix i watch HD/4K/Dolby vision and amazonprime HD/4k/HDR.
For cable tv (HD) i use Pro2 or normal mode.
Netflix i also use Pro 2 or normal mode for HD and 4k. For dolby vison i use the dolby bright mode.
Amazon i use pro 2 or normal mode for HD/4k/HDR.

my viewing distance is +/- 3 meters.
Setting are fine.
With regards to near to shots being in focus and far shots being less sharp could be down to directors intent or you could try sitting closer. I have a 55inch EZ952B which I view from around 8ft and have no issues on this front. TV is set to Pro1

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom