Quantcast

Panasonic GZ950 4K OLED Review & Comments

skyform

I have to disagree as I watch Netflix all the time ad it's fantastic on my E9 , I got a FZ802 from Richer Sounds and returned it 2 weeks later as the stutter was driving me mad and swapped it for a E8 which for me was much better , if you watch both side by side on hd you can't notice anything in them as they are borh sometimes good and sometimes bad but all IMO.
Panasonic improved motion on GZ950, it has no stutter at all.

Looking at both the C9 and GZ950 I far preferred the screen uniformity, picture quality and HDR on the C9, this was coming from the E6. This was from actual usage not reviews or competitions. As for HDMI 2.1 seeing that even the new consoles due out in November 2020 are only aiming at 4k at 60fps and even that isn't with ultra settings enabled I'm not worried about the Panasonic only having 2.0b.
Screen uniformity on my GZ950 was really good, no problems at all, it's all luck. There are many C9 owners complaining about horrible uniformity.

JustinL

Panasonic improved motion on GZ950, it has no stutter at all.

Screen uniformity on my GZ950 was really good, no problems at all, it's all luck. There are many C9 owners complaining about horrible uniformity.
Sorry I made a typo I actually meant to say I preferred the picture quality from the GZ950 over the C9 :eek:

kosmic

Updated to the latest firmware 3.209 on the GZ950 last night noticed a few positive changes, strangely all through the Nvidia Shield pro 2019
1: Starting YouTube app on shield does not pause the video before starting for a second anymore
2: When putting the Nvidia Shield into sleep mode the TV's Blue HDMI 1 logo in the top left no longer appears :)
If i see more i will post them here
I was very glad that the firmware update did not affect my picture Preset tweeks which surprised me .
Anyone noticed any other changes after this latest firmware update ?

Last edited:

Anastie

Hi all. My GZ1000 arrived today (same as 950 I believe) Coming from a five-year-old OLED to this is one hell of an upgrade. I find the picture jaw-dropping straight out of the box.

My only query is that I'm sure I'm seeing a very subtle judder in fast-moving scenes such as those in the Fast and Furious films. I've used different streaming sources such as Amazon Prime, Netflix and Sky Q.

It appeared worse on professional 1 setting and less pronounced on Normal picture setting. Any thoughts?

thedoswells

Hi all. My GZ1000 arrived today (same as 950 I believe) Coming from a five-year-old OLED to this is one hell of an upgrade. I find the picture jaw-dropping straight out of the box.

My only query is that I'm sure I'm seeing a very subtle judder in fast-moving scenes such as those in the Fast and Furious films. I've used different streaming sources such as Amazon Prime, Netflix and Sky Q.

It appeared worse on professional 1 setting and less pronounced on Normal picture setting. Any thoughts?
Under settings, for pro1 what are your IFC settings showing?

kosmic

Found this Interesting post but it needs translating, i dialed in the Cinema (SDR) settings last night and they are very nice and natural , (i normally use Pro 2) i will continue to enter the HDR settings soon
Full article here

SDR Settings

HDR Settings

Nelsonpk

Standard Member
Advice please
Can you switch to apps using Alexa, I have a ysp5600 and sky Q is connected in my only hdcp port when I use my 4K fire stick Alexa works fine but no ultra hd.
When I ask her to switch to the app no response I have Panasonic tv app installed and enabled. Anyone no of another app that works?
It’s not a biggy but if you have voice control then in my opinion it should work with everything on the tv.

kosmic

Still Tinkering with HDR settings from video above ,they make some interesting changes but not all to my liking , will post soon what looks nice to my eye
(I always use and love HDR Pro 2)

Last edited:

kosmic

i played around with the settings from the Videos above but i found them too harsh so came up with these HDR settings that add slight more punch in hazy shots and slightly darker blacks
(i used the True Cinema Viewing Mode as i wanted to keep my Pro 2 settings intact)
(i am playing all content through the Nvidia Shield Pro 2019 with the Plex App)
please let me know what you think :)

- Viewing mode: HDR True Cinema
- Luminance level: 92
- Contrast: 100
- Brightness: 0
- Colour: 50
- Tint: 0
- Sharpness: 75
- Colour temperature: warm 1
- Vivid colour: off
- Rec.2020 remaster: off
- Ambient sensor: off
- Noise reduction: Max
- Mpeg remaster: off
- Resolution remaster: Mid
- Dynamic range remaster: off
- Intelligent frame creation: Custom / Film Smooth 3

Advanced / Contrast Control (Auto)
Color Gamut (Rec.2020)

- Gamma 2.2
2.5 IRE -2
5 IRE - 4
10 IRE - 7
20 IRE - 7
30 IRE - 7
40 IRE - 4

psyxologos

Standard Member
I need some help urgently please. I am about to replace my TV in the next couple of days, and I have decided to go with the Panasonic TX-55GZ950B. On reviews I have read, it mentions that the TV has Satelite tuners, but does not support Freesat. I do not understand this. What are these tuners for then? Does it mean I cannot watch satelite feeds at all without a separate freesat box, or does it work but there are restrictions? Does anyone use this TV to view satelite feeds without using a freesat box? There is talk about lack of Freesat option. As I watch two different feeds currently (well, three, but the third has its own decoder and connects to the TV via HDMI), UK ones on Astra 28.2°E and German on Astra 1 at 19.2E this is rather important to me. I am not worried at all about the EPG issue discussed, I just want to know that I will be able to continue watching these two feeds if I buy the Panasonic without having to buy a separate freesat box. I have the satellite disks aligned to the right angles, obviously. Many thanks!

dvdmike

The latest firmware is version 3.209 (dated 26th Dec 2019) which is currently only available to download and install from Panasonic's website, via USB drive.
I did that when it went up, and I just got the prompt to update on the set.

EDIT

3.210 is what the TV is offering

Panda9958

I need some help urgently please. I am about to replace my TV in the next couple of days, and I have decided to go with the Panasonic TX-55GZ950B. On reviews I have read, it mentions that the TV has Satelite tuners, but does not support Freesat. I do not understand this. What are these tuners for then? Does it mean I cannot watch satelite feeds at all without a separate freesat box, or does it work but there are restrictions? Does anyone use this TV to view satelite feeds without using a freesat box? There is talk about lack of Freesat option. As I watch two different feeds currently (well, three, but the third has its own decoder and connects to the TV via HDMI), UK ones on Astra 28.2°E and German on Astra 1 at 19.2E this is rather important to me. I am not worried at all about the EPG issue discussed, I just want to know that I will be able to continue watching these two feeds if I buy the Panasonic without having to buy a separate freesat box. I have the satellite disks aligned to the right angles, obviously. Many thanks!
I recently replaced a Sony TV with Freesat with this TV and I had the same concern as you. I'm pleased to report that you just plug the satellite cable in and the TV sets up all the available channels. There is no Freesat EPG but all the channels have a name and number. I only use one satellite cable but there are 2 connections on the TV so I would imagine you could use 2 feeds. I hope this helps.

dvdmike

Freesat is basically just the EPG that sorts it all out.
This will get like 400 channels and you can sort them manually

dvdmike

Nothing wrong with True Cinema on Warm 2

Trending threads

Latest News

Disney+ announces discount for European launch
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Disney developing AI based video compression
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Vizio announces Disney+ available on SmartCast TVs