Panasonic GZ2000 OLED Owners Thread

Updated: Do you hear speaker crackling when watching the GZ2000

• I still have crackling even after the latest version of the firmware

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is everyone still getting crap speeds on Netflix? Read other parts of europe where getting full speed back. My speed is still capped at 7.62Mbps which is a joke

Last edited:
Is everyone still getting crap speeds on Netflix? Read other parts of europe where getting full speed back. My speed is still capped at 7.62Mbps still which is a joke
Funny enough. Just checked mine too. Still on 7.26

That's why I'm glad I still am buying uhd in disc format,always a better picture even if its minimal on some movies. Only buy the odd cheap movie on the ATV and all the big movies I want I get on disc.

That's why I'm glad I still am buying uhd in disc format,always a better picture even if its minimal on some movies. Only buy the odd cheap movie on the ATV and all the big movies I want I get on disc.
Same here. On some movies the difference is minimal but on others it blows away. The only thing I'm missing is the 77' size.

Is everyone still getting crap speeds on Netflix? Read other parts of europe where getting full speed back. My speed is still capped at 7.62Mbps which is a joke
bitrate is still throttled for me too. Lets face it Netflix cynically took advantage of an opportunity that presented itself in order to save money, and then cynically passed it off as doing the nation a solid. There is absolutely no need for what they are doing. They should either reduce subscription costs by up to 50% or stop reducing speeds by up to 50%. Netflix bitrates were always the bare minimum for passable picture quality without the downgrade.

@deon444

Please do not give your TV at rock bottom price especially when it's calibrated. Stay firm. If it doesn't sell and if you aren't desperate just keep it. Think of if like a secret love child 😉 But do understand your situation has changed and I am wishing you good luck.

If the situation at home had improved I would have bought yours as it's a special TV indeed.

Having said that, I am happy with my DX902 and find it to be as good as my ex LG C8 OLED. Seems like Samsung have upped the ante with their 2020 QLEDs. Would like to see a shootout of the 2020 TVs but looks like it might not happen this year thanks to Covid-19.

I am getting 15.72 MBPS using a VPN So Netflix USA .

Finally getting round to watching 1917 on UHD Blu on my GZ. Wow wow wow. Looks amazing
Some screen grabs would be nice if possible please :)

Finally getting round to watching 1917 on UHD Blu on my GZ. Wow wow wow. Looks amazing
What your rating as a Film .. i have no doubt it will be glorious quality on the 2000.

Some screen grabs would be nice if possible please :)
Here’s some of the bit I was watching.. pictures just on a phone and room not by any means not pitch black... so you might catch the odd reflection.
4901AFB4-B44D-4D8E-B8E7-F3090C1117DF.jpeg
F42EDFCB-E88E-42F8-A60E-CEE96B4D88B4.jpeg

185D03A6-6EEF-4198-97C9-0D3983A76B07.jpeg
8AC26494-CF64-40CD-BF24-8FAB0992E554.jpeg
68EC21A5-8686-47F4-A058-F85CB87B585A.jpeg
B666082F-3AB2-43DF-9621-89AC239CA8AD.jpeg
1AB40ABC-1A8A-4B97-8AC7-FF6A8EE0179D.jpeg
49A69528-5B7C-4970-BBAB-2E006CDA300B.jpeg
24B93DF5-3515-4BED-86BF-46BE213320B4.jpeg
0EA5F77C-29F0-4CCB-89D8-0F4095EDBD6B.jpeg
225CAFFD-25B7-4A93-ACA6-FFF3BF379C79.jpeg

Last edited:
What your rating as a Film .. i have no doubt it will be glorious quality on the 2000.
Currently about an 8 I think. There’s no doubting what a great film it is and a great achievement in directing and cinematography but it just doesn’t feel well gritty or dirty enough to be a world war 1 movie. And also if I’m honest I struggled with Dean Chapmans character. Just doesn’t ring true to me.

Edit: Glad I bought it though. I think I’ll watch it again at some point. Had to take a break half way through this time so maybe spoiled the flow abit. And it really is demo material visually.

Edit 2: with the GZ and the sub the sound was pretty tip top too. Nice bubble of sound and bits coming from above.

Currently about an 8 I think. There’s no doubting what a great film it is and a great achievement in directing and cinematography but it just doesn’t feel well gritty or dirty enough to be a world war 1 movie. And also if I’m honest I struggled with Dean Chapmans character. Just doesn’t ring true to me
Agree mate just does not portray what must have been the horrifying trench warfare, going over the top , with enough depth to make the impact on the viewer as it should.. Fantastic pics BTW.

Is it just me does anyone find it annoying that Panasonic has given a very limited aspect ratio control to the point its useless?

Plus it's hidden in the menu which is frustrating! I would have preferred if they had given us aspect control similar to what oppo 203 offers.

I remember in my old Panasonic VT50 they gave various aspect ratio controls e.g. smart zoom which I liked etc... Granted I don't always like to zoom in but sometimes you need this extra aspect ratio control for certain content.

Agree mate just does not portray what must have been the horrifying trench warfare, going over the top , with enough depth to make the impact on the viewer as it should.. Fantastic pics BTW.
With time to spare being furloughed I just watched Band of Brothers again the blu-ray box set on my GZ950 it looked like 4k great series

With time to spare being furloughed I just watched Band of Brothers again the blu-ray box set on my GZ95lu-ray box sets0 it looked like 4k great series
Yes Band of Brothers is good , depicts the horror of war in a no holds barred way .. i also have the box set on Blu-Ray must give it another watch .. Platoon is another war film that depicts the true horror of warfare.

Yes Band of Brothers is good , depicts the horror of war in a no holds barred way .. i also have the box set on Blu-Ray must give it another watch .. Platoon is another war film that depicts the true horror of warfare.
I loved Band of Brothers. Gonna dig out my Blu Ray tin box to watch again. The Pacific was good too but not as good as Band of Brothers.

Pics look sublime. The detail! The contrast! Got to get hold of the UHD disc now.

@deon444

Please do not give your TV at rock bottom price especially when it's calibrated. Stay firm. If it doesn't sell and if you aren't desperate just keep it. Think of if like a secret love child 😉 But do understand your situation has changed and I am wishing you good luck.

If the situation at home had improved I would have bought yours as it's a special TV indeed.

Having said that, I am happy with my DX902 and find it to be as good as my ex LG C8 OLED. Seems like Samsung have upped the ante with their 2020 QLEDs. Would like to see a shootout of the 2020 TVs but looks like it might not happen this year thanks to Covid-19.
Thanks,Well at this rate I will probably keep my Gz2000 as it's not getting much interest and not really willing to drop the price of it any more.

So better to just keep it and if I need to sell few months down the line,the price wont be much different to what I would get now if I dropped price.

Not that desperate to sell at the moment but thought of getting a good price for the Gz2000 now instead of a bigger loss later on. But now that I can't get a good price it makes less sense to downgrade.

Only problem of keeping is I sold my CXUHD player as it didnt make much sense keeping it if the Gz2000 was going.

So will they and get a second hand Oppo or a ub9000 as I love the build quality of those,as I do with the Gz2000 as I think sometimes paying a little bit extra is worth it.

Anyway,so much for trying to save money :suicide:

Is it just me does anyone find it annoying that Panasonic has given a very limited aspect ratio control to the point its useless?

Plus it's hidden in the menu which is frustrating! I would have preferred if they had given us aspect control similar to what oppo 203 offers.

I remember in my old Panasonic VT50 they gave various aspect ratio controls e.g. smart zoom which I liked etc... Granted I don't always like to zoom in but sometimes you need this extra aspect ratio control for certain content.
It doesn't bother me in the slightest. It's many years since I've had any need to manually change aspect ratio.

Does anyone have the Clear White setting engaged or just off .. it does make Whites more Persil but leads to overexposed skin tones ? .. i am currently experimenting with settings .. this tv would go well with a Calibration as there are so many picture options.
Where do you get the clear white setting on the GZ?

I know the default for Gamma is 2.2 but i am liking 2.4 seems to enhance contrast more than 2.2 or just me.

I loved Band of Brothers. Gonna dig out my Blu Ray tin box to watch again. The Pacific was good too but not as good as Band of Brothers.
The Pacific suffers from a bit too much soap - especially one or two episodes. But the battle scenes are unbelievable! BoB is best though like you say.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom