Panasonic GZ2000 OLED Owners Thread

Updated: Do you hear speaker crackling when watching the GZ2000

• I still have crackling even after the latest version of the firmware

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As you said this issue is only temporary one as I'm assuming that you will be using Kodi on Shield as your media player for the movies stored on your NAS.

That is indeed true .... well I have Kodi on Shield but will more likely use Plex for the NAS. The new NAS is significantly more powerful than the old one and I have that now ... just trying make financial provision for the new drives to populate it! New 4 WD RED 12TB drives ... only managed pick up one at the right price so far.

Mind you I have to say that having only just starting using decent make and size USB sticks direct on the TV that this is far from a poor option.

So you right, the new NAS is key but would still be nice set the GZ2 up to be seen and accessible from a PC. For example, I had an HDR version of Joker (9 GB file) that required a move to the USB and then plug in TV. Would be idea to be able just move that from WIN 10 Explorer to the stick on the GZ2. That's what I'm missing the logic on.

I can see the GZ2 and the Shield but Win 10 not allowing me map them. I'm sure it's my limited/intermittent Windows knowledge not the TV.

I got one of those so last night I spent about 30 mins filling everything in and giving a full honest opinion of the TV and I included detailed report of the sound issues before it was fixed. Customers service experience, firmware updates etc etc.

I checked it, re-checked it then pressed send and nothing so I tried again with no joy then like a Muppet I pressed refresh and everything I filled out disappeared :facepalm:.

Well that was as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit :eek: so off to bed i went very un-chuffed.

Ouch ... will keep that in mind when I do the same exercise. Not good.

Hi Guys.

Can you post the picture settings you are using ?

I know everyone will be different but it be interesting to get an idea what's been used

Hi Guys.

Can you post the picture settings you are using ?

I know everyone will be different but it be interesting to get an idea what's been used

Professional 1 and that’s it !

Mentioned before I am having issues with dark scene posterization on my telly. Thanks to an awesome forum member deon444 we have investigated this further and it is probably faulty. Here are some comparison shots (gz2000, sony af9) for you to enjoy.
Time codes are in the pics, if you want to compare your set. The program: The Stranger from Netflix, episode 1. Internal NF app on both TVs
DV dark, gamma 2.2, default setting on both tellys.
Yes your pics didn't look right even before I checked on my set to compare them pictures you inboxed me.

Mine and probably most other people dont have them issues,and if they did they need to have it replaced.

How have you got on with Panasonic with regards to a replacement?

Yes your pics didn't look right even before I checked on my set to compare them pictures you inboxed me.

Mine and probably most other people dont have them issues,and if they did they need to have it replaced.

How have you got on with Panasonic with regards to a replacement?
They are coming today to replace the main board. If this action will not cure the issue, they will take the TV away and replace the screen as well. Will report back on what happaned later.
Thanks for asking and for your interest in the matter!

So you no individual configuration with in Pro 1 even?
No , I just leave it at that , some owners use professional 2 but I find that’s just a bit dark . Apparently these are the most accurate settings for this set .

Just bought this set yesterday and have a few questions,

Using the built in Netflix app and playing 4k content, when you press the info button it says it's 1080, not 4k. When playing through Nvidia shield it says it's 4k. Does the app only support 1080p?

When I switch my onkyo amp on the sound switches to that no problem but when the amp is turned off the sound doesn't revert back to the TV speakers, you have to manually change it back to TV speakers in the menu. Is there a way to auto switch back?

When I switch on the Nvidia shield the TV auto switches to that input, but when sky q is switched on it won't auto switch to that input automatically, is there a way to enable this?

Thanks in advance.

Just bought this set yesterday and have a few questions,

Using the built in Netflix app and playing 4k content, when you press the info button it says it's 1080, not 4k. When playing through Nvidia shield it says it's 4k. Does the app only support 1080p?

When I switch my onkyo amp on the sound switches to that no problem but when the amp is turned off the sound doesn't revert back to the TV speakers, you have to manually change it back to TV speakers in the menu. Is there a way to auto switch back?

When I switch on the Nvidia shield the TV auto switches to that input, but when sky q is switched on it won't auto switch to that input automatically, is there a way to enable this?

Thanks in advance.

just in relation to your first question, yes the app supports 4K.
normally, what you are experiencing is just the app taking its time to ramp up to 2160. On my gz950 this sometimes happens almost immediately and sometimes takes quite a few seconds. My 4K fire stick is much quicker at getting up to resolution... are you on the most up to date firmware?

They are coming today to replace the main board. If this action will not cure the issue, they will take the TV away and replace the screen as well. Will report back on what happaned later.
Thanks for asking and for your interest in the matter!
The local serviceman came, saw but did not conquered!
Despite the fact the he was a very dedicated, thorough and a friendly gentleman. Swapped out the board, but the issue remained unfortunately. Tried severeal other little things, like checking ribbons, screws, but at the end he had to take TV away.
The story continues Monday, when they will contact Panasonic again for the next steps.
Dissapointed with the outcome, but truly appreciate the efforts made by the local service center so far. Do hope that Panasonic also appreciates its customers and acts accordingly and quickly solves the issue. Fingers crossed. Will keep you posted.

Today I have taken delivery of my new 65’ GZ2000. Loving the picture on Professional 1 mode. Does anyone have any suggested best sound settings? The standard setting is lacking in bass and sound. I’ve upgraded to the latest firmware and just wondering what is the best sound setting. Regards Stuart

Today I have taken delivery of my new 65’ GZ2000. Loving the picture on Professional 1 mode. Does anyone have any suggested best sound settings? The standard setting is lacking in bass and sound. I’ve upgraded to the latest firmware and just wondering what is the best sound setting. Regards Stuart
Interested!
im a bit underwhelmed with the sound at the moment.

It is suggested that you add a sub woofer for better bass. Rel 8 from RS?

Recently my speaker setting to Home Cinema reverts back to TV speakers every time I turn the TV back on, I have to select it every time. It was working for a while just fine and I haven't changed anything. The sound still goes through the ARC to the amp and it still switches the amp on, it's just that the TV can't control the amp volume and says TV speakers are selected... Should I do a factory reset? Could it be the amp? Any ideas would be very helpful.

Recently my speaker setting to Home Cinema reverts back to TV speakers every time I turn the TV back on, I have to select it every time. It was working for a while just fine and I haven't changed anything. The sound still goes through the ARC to the amp and it still switches the amp on, it's just that the TV can't control the amp volume and says TV speakers are selected... Should I do a factory reset? Could it be the amp? Any ideas would be very helpful.
My setup does the exact same thing in identical circumstances to what you appear to be experiencing! What components are in your system? Together and with any other forum members' comments we may be able to solve the mystery! It drives me nuts when it does it for no apparent reason! I usually shout and swear at the TV/amp/wife and a dog if I had one! The wife usually clears off to read a book whilst I bugger around trying to 'fix' the dammed thing!

Man after my own heart, wife does exactly the same thing.
I'm running a Denon 8500. I've tried killing power to both, unplugged the HDMI and now I've set there Denon to optical even though arc is on and turned on control 4 on the GZ and it worked for that restart so I'll see if it remembers it for tomorrow and will update. I don't really want to factory reset both the TV and amp... Is it possible it's anything to do with the cable? My understanding is that if the HDMI cable works it just works so the new high speed etc is of no consiquence if it works mostly.

I’ve had issues on and off with my Yamaha Receiver / LG TV.

Works fine then for a while the sound reverts to TV speakers. Usually turning the amp off on or same with TV sorts it. Had it happen recently actually and had to bugger about a bit but got it working again, without actually knowing exactly what I did.

Was thinking of swapping my HDMI lead between the Receiver / TV, but not convinced that’d help.

Man after my own heart, wife does exactly the same thing.
I'm running a Denon 8500. I've tried killing power to both, unplugged the HDMI and now I've set there Denon to optical even though arc is on and turned on control 4 on the GZ and it worked for that restart so I'll see if it remembers it for tomorrow and will update. I don't really want to factory reset both the TV and amp... Is it possible it's anything to do with the cable? My understanding is that if the HDMI cable works it just works so the new high speed etc is of no consiquence if it works mostly.
Looks like your system is similar to mine! My AVR is a Denon 6400 connected to the TV with HDMI. Monitor 1 out of the amp to HDMI 2 on the TV. Viera link on for ARC and the amp HDMI Control and ARC settings on. No optical settings on nor any lead connected. Like you I don’t want to do any factory reset on the TV especially since it’s calibrated and knowing my luck I’d brick the bugger!
Can’t see the HDMI cable being suspect for the same reasons you have said, you could always swap it out for another one and at least that would eliminate it from the equation?
Since our TVs are the same and the AVR menus are likely to be almost identical I’ll try and find the record of my settings and you could maybe compare them to yours?
I use a Harmony Ultimate universal remote to control ‘activities’ like Watch TV or Watch a movie for example which switches the relevant components on or off and over to the correct inputs so I was beginning to think that could be the culprit?

Can any one recommend a reasonable wireless sub woofer that can work with GZ2000? We have a limited budget so lower the cost the better. :D

Hi All,

UPDATE !

After tinkering with many sound settings, the best I could without a subwoofer was:

Mode = Speech (standard was awful)
Bass Boost = on
Sound Field Creation = Standard
Volume Creation = +6 (max)

However, today I gave in and purchased the Bowers & Wilkins ASW610 subwoofer! wow what a difference! It's night & day, no comparison in sound, it's totally changed the whole experience for the better. I can now turn off Bass Boost and all movies, music, Netflix & Youtube are incredible.

So in summary, YOU NEED A SUBWOOFER...the Bowers & Wilkins cost me £500 but I'm sure you can get cheaper ones around the £200-£300 range.

I'm confused. Why haven't loads of gz2000 owners messaged me to say they are upgrading to the hz, and that I can have their gz really cheap? :confused:

Hi All,

UPDATE !

After tinkering with many sound settings, the best I could without a subwoofer was:

Mode = Speech (standard was awful)
Bass Boost = on
Sound Field Creation = Standard
Volume Creation = +6 (max)

However, today I gave in and purchased the Bowers & Wilkins ASW610 subwoofer! wow what a difference! It's night & day, no comparison in sound, it's totally changed the whole experience for the better. I can now turn off Bass Boost and all movies, music, Netflix & Youtube are incredible.

So in summary, YOU NEED A SUBWOOFER...the Bowers & Wilkins cost me £500 but I'm sure you can get cheaper ones around the £200-£300 range.

It's a joke that Panasonic sell the GZ2000 with a fantastic built in Dolby atmos sound system yet you really need a sub for it to be any good.

Well, had Steve Kemp to come a do a calibration. Was interested to see how accurate out the box it was,as my first Gz2000 I had had a green cast to it ,which made the colours dull.

Well this set wasn't that much better for accuracy than the first.

The calibration made a world of difference to the picture ,especially in HDR, where red was more muddy orange,but after the calibration it was looking much better. All colours looked more vibrant and punchy without being over saturated.

Colours looked more washed out before calibration but now the picture has great depth to it and this calibration was well worth it.

Usually when I have had calibration done the results have been more subtle ,my AF9 was far more accurate ootb than either Gz2000. I am extremely happy with my set now as the picture is simply stunning, but just wasn't as accurate as reviews and Panasonic have claimed and for me Hollywood your home is just marketing bull.

I will be keeping this Gz2000 for a couple years more before even thinking of upgrading.

As for nits, the Gz2000 peaked at 970 in the most accurate picture modes and with following the EOTF correctly .

Best tv I ever had,although the Af9 I had is not far behind it. But the near black peformance of the Gz2000 is a class apart.:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom