Panasonic GZ2000 OLED Owners Thread

Updated: Do you hear speaker crackling when watching the GZ2000

• I still have crackling even after the latest version of the firmware

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
**** it i think i'm in trouble with the tv, just spotted this today. These pictures are taking from amazon prime video, as you can lines going across. I also see the same on Netflix but its harder to see there.

The funny thing I havent spotted them when watching Sky tv but I presume it all depends on the background

*** :(

Same thing happened on my C8. Turn TV off and let it do a comp and it should clear it up.

compensation cycle. Does it after tv has been on for 4 hours.
I'm a bit of a newbie tbh, my first time hearing compensation cycle.

How does one initiate that on this tv?

Just basically turn off tv and leave it on standby or something?

I'm a bit of a newbie tbh, my first time hearing compensation cycle.

How does one initiate that on this tv?

Just basically turn off tv and leave it on standby or something?

Yep. After 4 hours use you can do a compensation cycle by putting TV into standby mode. Light will be an amber color. This will take about 6 mins then the light will turn red. Once light has turned red the compensation cycle is complete.

You should always put TV into standby mode to do a compensation cycle as it will clean any image retention ;)

Yep. After 4 hours use you can do a compensation cycle by putting TV into standby mode. Light will be an amber color. This will take about 6 mins then the light will turn red. Once light has turned red the compensation cycle is complete.

You should always put TV into standby mode to do a compensation cycle as it will clean any image retention ;)
J04N I could kiss you

this has worked a charm.

It's my first time having a tv that needed something like compensation cycle

You never stop learning in this world

J04N I could kiss you

this has worked a charm.

It's my first time having a tv that needed something like compensation cycle

You never stop learning in this world

Glad this worked for you. Dunno why it happens, But it did the same thing on my LG C8.

But yeah, It's very important that you let the TV do a compensation cycle at the end of each day so it can clean any image retention :smashin:

So with an OLED it’s best to leave on Standby all the time?
When would you suggest turning it off?
And is it just the 2018 or newer or 2019 or newer models that have these type of features to try and ward off any image retention?

So with an OLED it’s best to leave on Standby all the time?
When would you suggest turning it off?
And is it just the 2018 or newer or 2019 or newer models that have these type of features to try and ward off any image retention?

No need to leave in standby all the time. Just put it in standby mode till compensation cycle is finished then turn off by mains ;)

Again, No need to turn TV off every 4 hours to do the compensation cycle. Just to it when you have finished watching TV for the day.

All OLEDS have this feature to help with image retention/burn in.

You can also start a panel maintenance session manually: Menu > Picture > Screen Settings > Panel Maintenance. The onscreen message says it will take 80 minutes, but mine only took 65 minutes when I tested it this evening. Why two methods? Possibly the longer session is intended for problems not cured by nomal standby maintenance?

So. Had the set now for around 3-4 weeks. Coming from a ZD9 that is now residing in the bedroom.

I was concerned about the lower brightness both full screen and specular, but I feel fortunstely it's not been hugely dramatic in difference. However, the image simply appears sharper, with an increase in detail. This i truly was not expecting. Honestly the linger i have the set the more i notice. It is actually blowing me away on a daily basis.

So. Had the set now for around 3-4 weeks. Coming from a ZD9 that is now residing in the bedroom.

I was concerned about the lower brightness both full screen and specular, but I feel fortunstely it's not been hugely dramatic in difference. However, the image simply appears sharper, with an increase in detail. This i truly was not expecting. Honestly the linger i have the set the more i notice. It is actually blowing me away on a daily basis.
As a fellow 65ZD9 owner your post is very interesting.

So I am guessing that overall the GZ2000 was worth the upgrade. What are the plusses and minusses for the two sets. (I watch TV in a room with low lighting e.g. dim lamp in corner - but not a completely black roo - I personally do not like to watch TV in the dark.)

I am itching to upgrade but not sure whether to go 65" OLED or 75" LCD e.g. Samsung 75Q90R or second hand Sony 75ZD9.

Afternoon folks, probably obvious but any easy way to have a Win 10 PC share between the GZ and PC?

Have the TV RJ45 connected and pretty much every other box in the house and home network runs a dream.

But in moving a load of movie data from a large Samsung USB drive to reformat in NTFS it just crossed my mind that a direct share would be really useful in certain instances.

Is it possible? Anyone done it?

Instructions or advice would be hugely appreciated as always. Many thanks

Afternoon folks, probably obvious but any easy way to have a Win 10 PC share between the GZ and PC?

Have the TV RJ45 connected and pretty much every other box in the house and home network runs a dream.

But in moving a load of movie data from a large Samsung USB drive to reformat in NTFS it just crossed my mind that a direct share would be really useful in certain instances.

Is it possible? Anyone done it?

Instructions or advice would be hugely appreciated as always. Many thanks

Hmmm it gets worse. Reformatted my Samsung USB drive to NTFS as the larger 4k files cannot break a 4gb size ceiling on 32FAT or exFAT.

However the stick does not work in the GZ2000 after reformatting in NTFS and moving a 4k version of Ford and Ferrari to it .... HD version worked nice as you like on the standard Win format.

I,m thinking that the NTFS format does not play with GZ2000? Bit of a limiter when managing 4k movies.

Got an email from Pana asking how I've got on with the set to date.

Probably all who have registered also received it.

Reasonable enough to be asked I guess and will be replying.......

"
We want to hear from you
You’ve been the owner of your GZ2000 4K OLED TV for some time now and we would love to hear what you have to say.

How did you find the set-up process? Did you enjoy the picture quality and the audio experience with the Technics tuned speakers? And what did you think of the design of your TV?

We'd also like to hear about your experiences using the Netflix Calibrated Mode setting and Freeview Play catch-up on your TV.

Your opinions on all this will be useful to us and others looking at this TV.

Click here to review your GZ2000

Hmmm it gets worse. Reformatted my Samsung USB drive to NTFS as the larger 4k files cannot break a 4gb size ceiling on 32FAT or exFAT.

However the stick does not work in the GZ2000 after reformatting in NTFS and moving a 4k version of Ford and Ferrari to it .... HD version worked nice as you like on the standard Win format.

I,m thinking that the NTFS format does not play with GZ2000? Bit of a limiter when managing 4k movies.

Double weird ... I asked same question in 11/19 and some of you were good enough to answer. Seemed it worked then but not now. Odd

Trying a long format format in NTFS again just now.

You confirmed that nothing changed in that regard that Tv's are still only accepting pendrives formatted to FAT. You could still use DLNA home sharing from your PC but as far as I know DTS sound is not supported, so it would have to be files with DD only.
Personally I always used Kodi (on my micro PC hooked up via HDMI cable to my TV) to transcode DTS to DD, but I don't bother anymore. I'm using now apple tv 4k and Panasonic UB820 4K player.

You confirmed that nothing changed in that regard that Tv's are still only accepting pendrives formatted to FAT. You could still use DLNA home sharing from your PC but as far as I know DTS sound is not supported, so it would have to be files with DD only.
Personally I always used Kodi (on my micro PC hooked up via HDMI cable to my TV) to transcode DTS to DD, but I don't bother anymore. I'm using now apple tv 4k and Panasonic UB820 4K player.

Thanks for coming back to me.

Most odd, the on screen pinned USB button would not work with any format or any slot. When I went via the device pin on button and went to USB ... it worked! Why no idea.

But with exFAT in slot 1 and via the devices button I can run 4k files up to 11gb no problem at all.

Strange one but seems consistent.

The desire to be able to see PC and TV and vice versa is to move data files .... either to USB stick or Nvidia Sheild MicroSD. Missing some logic here somewhere.

For some reason the TV under 'devices' does not see PC. The PC does see the GZ2000

Thanks for mentioning about the DTS limits mind ... had no knowledge of that. Would have been disappointing.

My HTPC hooked up via HDMI cable and I use a wireless keyboard with trackpad and it works charm.
@chalk40 Is it not possible to connect via HDMI?

My HTPC hooked up via HDMI cable and I use a wireless keyboard with trackpad and it works charm.
@chalk40 Is it not possible to connect via HDMI?

It is but messy from a cosmetic room pov. It's not so much to cast or mirror video, more to move large files to USB's on the Pana and MicroSD's on the Shield. 95% of our real data is on a large NAS but we migrating to a new one right now so a large Samsung 256gb Usb 3.1 stick is doing a good bit of the transition work just now.

In fact I have the mirror of your set up there, a Lohitech K400 keyboard & trackpad, a fiber HDMI cable and several RJ45's at the rear to Shield, TV and from games room housing Xbox & PS.

The house is flood RJ45'ed everywhere and minimal wireless and I prefer in the main to preserve and develop that. But realised only today that whilst the TV is networked, the data movement relationship is not fully established. I can see the TV from the PC and the 'devices' screen on the GZ is not seeing the PC. What I need to see I think is the GZ as a folder on the PC. That's what I'm missing.

Ironically I can see the GZ2000 from all the old DT30 Pana's networked up in each room. Quite useful today in fact from the old DT30 I can see the USB plug with some of the movies on and the GZ2000 tuner. I never considered this useful until today when we saw one of our two satellite dishes has blown round a good 15 degrees. Astra not too happy about that as you can imagine :)

As you said this issue is only temporary one as I'm assuming that you will be using Kodi on Shield as your media player for the movies stored on your NAS.

As a fellow 65ZD9 owner your post is very interesting.

So I am guessing that overall the GZ2000 was worth the upgrade. What are the plusses and minusses for the two sets. (I watch TV in a room with low lighting e.g. dim lamp in corner - but not a completely black roo - I personally do not like to watch TV in the dark.)

I am itching to upgrade but not sure whether to go 65" OLED or 75" LCD e.g. Samsung 75Q90R or second hand Sony 75ZD9.

Personally, the large outlay in cost still bugs me, so make sure you're 100% at leave with any potential payment you're willing to make first.

But in regards to the differences being worthwhile; for me they are.

The increase in the displays sharpness is stunning. I actually find myself chuckling to myself at times. I've been releasing the videogame The Last of Us and there is a point where during an outdoors seen there are some fireflies around you. I never knew before that they had their own specular peak highlights in the grading until owning this set.

Also i now see the backlight structure slightly more in panning screens more clearly after begging used to what feels like a perfectly uniform panel in the gz2000.

Even my friends agree that the set is a noticeable uptick in overall image quality. It is sensational. Just naturally not quite as bright overall.

Just joined the club with a GZ2000 55". :cool:

I'm going to take some measures asap...

We want to hear from you
You’ve been the owner of your GZ2000 4K OLED TV for some time now and we would love to hear what you have to say.

How did you find the set-up process? Did you enjoy the picture quality and the audio experience with the Technics tuned speakers? And what did you think of the design of your TV?

We'd also like to hear about your experiences using the Netflix Calibrated Mode setting and Freeview Play catch-up on your TV.

Your opinions on all this will be useful to us and others looking at this TV.

Click here to review your GZ2000
I got one of those so last night I spent about 30 mins filling everything in and giving a full honest opinion of the TV and I included detailed report of the sound issues before it was fixed. Customers service experience, firmware updates etc etc.

I checked it, re-checked it then pressed send and nothing so I tried again with no joy then like a Muppet I pressed refresh and everything I filled out disappeared :facepalm:.

Well that was as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit :eek: so off to bed i went very un-chuffed.

Last edited:
Just joined the club with a GZ2000 55". :cool:

I'm going to take some measures asap...

Pro2 SDR default:

Pro2 SDR post calibration (2p + 12p + CMS):

Saturation sweeps SDR:

Measures taken using internal GZ patterns.

Measured HDR peak luminance 835 nits against 10% windows pattern.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom