Panasonic GZ2000 OLED Owners Thread

Updated: Do you hear speaker crackling when watching the GZ2000

• I still have crackling even after the latest version of the firmware

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If that works for you.
Maybe to use purified water as some areas around the country may have high mineral deposits which could create fine scratches to the surface, and to utilise high quality microfibre cloths and avoid any edges which may have stitching/labels that may also have a negative impact on the surface your trying to treat.

Just my view on this issue.

Can you imagine customers going into RS, JL and the like with cleaning kits to see if what they have could affect/ruin screen surfaces, much like the Samsung’s and hope you won’t be ushered out of the premises....lol

If that works for you.
Maybe to use purified water as some areas around the country may have high mineral deposits which could create fine scratches to the surface, and to utilise high quality microfibre cloths and avoid any edges which may have stitching/labels that may also have a negative impact on the surface your trying to treat.

Just my view on this issue.
There's no need for purified water. I live in a hard water area and have never had any issues. The key is to be gentle. There's no need to rub the screen hard, let the water do the work.

Paul

New software update was pushed out ver 3.210 again no idea what the changelog is?? As per normal "Improves System Stability" Come on Panasonic more information please what have you fixed!!!

Anyhow can't see any changes but I'll give feedback here if I do notice anything.

Last edited:
Mentioned before I am having issues with dark scene posterization on my telly. Thanks to an awesome forum member deon444 we have investigated this further and it is probably faulty. Here are some comparison shots (gz2000, sony af9) for you to enjoy.
Time codes are in the pics, if you want to compare your set. The program: The Stranger from Netflix, episode 1. Internal NF app on both TVs
DV dark, gamma 2.2, default setting on both tellys.

Attachments

• 40E6753B-0082-4EB4-87F2-F867068E79F4.jpeg
    40E6753B-0082-4EB4-87F2-F867068E79F4.jpeg
    250.1 KB · Views: 275
  • 0D40224E-EB04-40FC-87BE-9B32DE353ADE.jpeg
    0D40224E-EB04-40FC-87BE-9B32DE353ADE.jpeg
    174.4 KB · Views: 282
  • 7C3320DB-D253-408A-A0B4-A24A7A51F90C.jpeg
    7C3320DB-D253-408A-A0B4-A24A7A51F90C.jpeg
    243.1 KB · Views: 260
  • 00749E2B-0853-4C80-8E03-DC714EDA0B90.jpeg
    00749E2B-0853-4C80-8E03-DC714EDA0B90.jpeg
    178.3 KB · Views: 255
  • D3BC2432-8080-443D-AFD6-145B5002114F.png
    D3BC2432-8080-443D-AFD6-145B5002114F.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 236
  • 72ECB37D-C67A-4C57-AF09-2C5815000E93.png
    72ECB37D-C67A-4C57-AF09-2C5815000E93.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 235
  • 82F421A7-54D5-4BCC-972B-60BFFE23CC1E.png
    82F421A7-54D5-4BCC-972B-60BFFE23CC1E.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 215
  • 6BB114E7-B593-434E-ADF2-5B852E7545B4.png
    6BB114E7-B593-434E-ADF2-5B852E7545B4.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 289
Mentioned before I am having issues with dark scene posterization on my telly. Thanks to an awesome forum member deon444 we have investigated this further and it is probably faulty. Here are some comparison shots (gz2000, sony af9) for you to enjoy.
Time codes are in the pics, if you want to compare your set. The program: The Stranger from Netflix, episode 1. Internal NF app on both TVs
Wow. That’s really bad.

There's no need for purified water. I live in a hard water area and have never had any issues. The key is to be gentle. There's no need to rub the screen hard, let the water do the work.

Paul
Actually, I never clean my screen.
I almost never cleaned the 6 year old plasma either.

Panasonic's anti-reflexive filter has amazing properties in remaining dust free, if you ask me.
I don't get my screen dirty with fingerprints or anything else because it's just me & my girlfriend in the house and she knows not touch it or go anywhere near it with any form of liquid :)

Yes, I'm really anal about taking care of my gear 😆

That looks bad :(
I also have the European model but have no such issues.
You really have to swap it.

I don't get it, what did Panasonic do?
Went full throttle with their quality control on their first batches and then slowly laid off?
Because I see more & more people with problems for these sets...

@fezso,
Really bad to see., tonight I will look on my panel.
If you lower lighting up to 90/80% do you see the same image?

Last edited:
Talking of screen cleaning , here’s my grandkids signature they left me with the other day . :eek:

Attachments

• 5B6A6711-CEAE-4EF7-AB72-3C1EDC8D1CD4.jpeg
    5B6A6711-CEAE-4EF7-AB72-3C1EDC8D1CD4.jpeg
    245.6 KB · Views: 311
Talking of screen cleaning , here’s my grandkids signature they left me with the other day . :eek:
Makes me think of poltergeist “they’re here“ :laugh:

That will rub off easily with a soft micro fibre cloth. :D

I don’t see any of that mate.

Mine looks nothing like that. Too bright in my room to take pics atm so will do so tonight.

@fezso,
Really bad to see., tonight I will look on my panel.
If you lower lighting up to 90/80% do you see the same image?
It just gets a bit darker, but remains the same. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Panasonic is investigating the issue atm. Will be interesting to see how they handle such situation with their flagship product. So far they have been very professional, quick to respond. Will let you know the outcome.

In my opinion, coming from almost 5 years of owning oleds, this product tops it all.
Amazing uniformity (this alone worth the price difference I think)
Almost perfect out of the box color accuracy. Had to fiddle a lot with the sony (master series) to get where the pana is out of the box.
Very bright (not lcd bright, but in a dark room perfect) HDR
Motion to me is very comperable to Sony
Upscaling also top notch
Sony probably handles poor(er) content a bit better, altough atm I am not the one to ask :)
Operating system is very basic, but has the major apps and quick. (Do prefer android though, it got very good lately)
Remote is not my cup of tea. But the dedicated picture mode button should be on every high end tv.

Anyway, if you have this TV in your household (and without any of the mentioned faults of course) in my opinion you have the best consumer TV money can buy.
I know I am late in the game with this assesment as this product is becoming “old”, just wanted share my thought on it, as it really impressed me.

If you are thinking if getting one and can find one on a good price, dont think twice. You will love it (hopefuly without any faults:))

Hey guys,

I cleaned my GZ2000 panel with a dry cloth, and I have the impression that I see micro scratches (swirls?) visible from very close and with a camera flash for example. On my FZ800 I've never had that clean. Do you have this phenomenon? The anti-reflection treatment is fragile ?
It's not visible to the naked eye, but when you get extremely close you can see it with a flash. How do you clean it? Do you have micro scratches with flash on your OLED panel ?
Only ever use this on all screens throughout the house!

Klear Screen High Definition Cleaning Kit for LCD, Plasma, DLP & Projection Home Theater Screens with Solution and Cloth

by Klear Screen

On Amazon, pricey but works brilliantly!

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Only ever use this on all screens throughout the house!

Klear Screen High Definition Cleaning Kit for LCD, Plasma, DLP & Projection Home Theater Screens with Solution and Cloth

by Klear Screen

On Amazon, pricey but works brilliantly!

I ordered some large Microfibers Cleaning Cloths and my plan was to wet one, squeeze out all the water and wash the screen of finger prints etc

Then get a dry Microfiber Cleaning Cloth and dry the screen

Of course make sure the tv is off for 30 mins or so (make sure it's not hot)

Would this not work?

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Looks very similar to my 18 month old's signature. :rotfl:
I ordered some large Microfibers Cleaning Cloths and my plan was to wet one, squeeze out all the water and wash the screen of finger prints etc

Would this not work?
Take a look at post #4799.

Paul

[He offered me his demo set installed for the same price as he was selling it new. He said it had been in the shop for 8 weeks running 8 hours a day. I politely declined]

took the plunge and ordered a new one, which is now set up and running fine (no sound crackles) very pleased with it, the picture is just amazing. One thing I cant fathom is how to set a programme reminder, I can set a recording OK, can someone help me with setting a programme reminder please.

That definitely looks like a fault to me. Had a similar issue on a Sony LCD a few years back. When I got it replaced the new set was flawless.

So having owned my 65 inch for a couple of months I am blown away on an almost daily basis. In saying that I would like to see what settings other owners are enjoying.
I would love to see what picture settings you think really smash it out the park!

As an aside you MUST watch Gemini Man and Terminator Dark Fate as both are jaw dropping on this TV.

Would this not work?
Probably mate! Others on here say it works fine....youngsyp's suggested looking at an earlier post which I'm sure works absolutely fine. I was merely mentioning what I've used for some years now as an alternative!

**** it i think i'm in trouble with the tv, just spotted this today. These pictures are taking from amazon prime video, as you can lines going across. I also see the same on Netflix but its harder to see there.

The funny thing I havent spotted them when watching Sky tv but I presume it all depends on the background

*** :(

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-02-08 at 18.54.03.png
    Screenshot 2020-02-08 at 18.54.03.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 216
  • Screenshot 2020-02-08 at 18.54.27.png
    Screenshot 2020-02-08 at 18.54.27.png
    2 MB · Views: 186
  • Screenshot 2020-02-08 at 18.54.34.png
    Screenshot 2020-02-08 at 18.54.34.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 179
  • Screenshot 2020-02-08 at 18.54.49.png
    Screenshot 2020-02-08 at 18.54.49.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 169
  • Screenshot 2020-02-08 at 18.54.41.png
    Screenshot 2020-02-08 at 18.54.41.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 159
Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom