Panasonic GZ2000 OLED Owners Thread

Updated: Do you hear speaker crackling when watching the GZ2000

• I still have crackling even after the latest version of the firmware

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
2BD27B53-25FC-4FA9-9111-CF206A1BB0B6.jpeg

Let's not forget guys that without LG we'd all be watching LEDs. It's only because LG persevered with OLED when all the others gave it up as too difficult that the GZ2000, AG9, 934 et al exist at all.

Lucky lucky lucky We should be so Lucky Goldstar! :D

never bought anything LG. Never will either.

Should it be called the Pannykronik 2000 :p

I do find it very very strange indeed that there has not been a full in-depth review yet on this site, on What Hi-Fi or any other major website for that matter regarding the sound performance of the Panasonic GZ2000 I am not counting the blind test results in this.

Are Panasonic putting pressure on organisations to not release reviews yet because of the fear of all the negative reviews regarding these TVs which is certain to come their way?

I think the silence has been absolutely deafening from Panasonic and other organisations concerning these TVs!

Do the right thing and get the reviews up online for people to see.

Dave

There was a time I used to swear by reviews but now use them only as a guide, I prefer to do my own research, hands-on and let my eyes and ears be the judge. I bought my GZ2000 well before any review was published. Have no regrets getting it.:thumbsup:

As for reviews of the GZ2000 see FlatpanelsHD, HDTV Test and TrustedReviews all done, only AVForums left should be out soon.

There was a time I used to swear by reviews but now use them only as a guide, I prefer to do my own research, hands-on and let my eyes and ears be the judge. I bought my GZ2000 well before any review was published. Have no regrets getting it.:thumbsup:

As for reviews of the GZ2000 see FlatpanelsHD, HDTV Test and TrustedReviews all done, only AVForums left should be out soon.

No review could compare with the forensic analysis performed by the users of this site...

If they release a TV like the GZ2000 but without the fancy speakers and a reasonable price, I'm gonna bang my head to the wall.
I didn't want the speakers in the first place, I bought this for the panel.

Not to mention that in my country it already dropped to the price I bought it 3 months ago with the 10% discount, and it's not even Black Friday yet.
I will probably regret spending this much on it towards the end of the year when its price will have dropped even more :(

Made the pinnacle of OLED picture quality in 2019 and reference award winning TV of 2019?

that happens to crackle like a ......

And yes before a hovering LG owner mentions it the C9 won the blind shootout....blah blah

Can’t seem to add smiley faces for some reason it’s greyed out!! :) :)

Edit:Oh yes I can now
Sam didn’t you know that anyone reporting sound issues can no longer select smiley faces anymore lol 😂

Can you add an option in the questionnaire for the Amazon Prime Video app. I had the crackles quite bad last night on Ep.5 of Jack Ryan.

Hi all,
Hope this is alright on this thread.
Just had my ez1000 back from Currys repair they just changed the panel that was faulty.
To my horror they have damaged the back plastic all broken and front corner in transits!!!!
No box or protection and they just spend 3k on a new panel!
I just need to know as I have turned the tv on and the panel is very good for banding tint ect.
But with the damage to the back and front corner of the silver Bezel😕 would this mean a new panel again? I do not know if there separate parts but don’t look it to me. I think there like the Gz2000 build does any one here know?
Thanks!!!

Last edited:
Yep, FlatpanelsHD, HDTV Test and TrustedReviews may have all done reviews on the GZ2000 just read em, glowing reviews from each and everyone of em, probably one of the best oled TVs ever made, might even roll me a fag it's that good.

My point is (unless I have accidentally missed them and I quite easily may have done so) that in each of these reviews there is no mention about the many sound issues which many of us have endured with this TV.

I honestly believe and hope that Panasonic will fix the problem either later this month or sometime in the near future which is great for us all, as I have mentioned many times on here in the past the picture quality is simply mind blowing.

Surely though somewhere contained in any review of this TV there should be a mention about the current and recurring sound issues regarding this TV irrespective of whether or not there will be an immanent fix for it.

It's ok for everyone on this forum, myself included, who are already aware about the problems but the majority of Joe Public won't even know this site exists and some people will read the glowing reviews and several, granted not all, may buy this TV based on these reviews without knowing the full extent of the sound issues regarding the TV and to me that is simply WRONG!

Dave

Last edited:
Hi all,
Hope this is alright on this thread.
Just had my ez1000 back from Currys repair they just changed the panel that was faulty.
To my horror they have damaged the back plastic all broken and front corner in transits!!!!
No box or protection and they just spend 3k on a new panel!
I just need to know as I have turned the tv on and the panel is very good for banding tint ect.
But with the damage to the back and front corner of the silver Bezel😕 would this mean a new panel again? I do not know if there separate parts but don’t look it to me. I think there like the Gz2000 build does any one here know?
Thanks!!!
Sorry to hear about the damage, to say I would be un-chuffed if it happened to me would be a gross understatement :(

Wouldn't hurt to post some photo's of the damage so hopefully someone can help you.

Might be idea to try and push for a Free GZ upgrade ;)

Sorry to hear about the damage, to say I would be un-chuffed if it happened to me would be a gross understatement :(

Wouldn't hurt to post some photo's of the damage so hopefully someone can help you.

Might be idea to try and push for a Free GZ upgrade ;)

Hi thanks,
I will try add some later only have one atm thats of the back. Just want to know if the screen Bezel is separate as it’s dinked and damaged. But hoping I can keep the panel as it’s a good one with the small amount of testing I did on it.
Will get more.
Thanks
A9CD2E96-05A9-4DB1-8798-5D5F7A7B4202.jpeg

Last edited:
Remember this, guys-as Maximus Decimus Panasonicus, Commander of the TV makers of the North, General of the GZ legions and loyal to the true CEO Makius Moneyius once said:

“What TVs we make in life, will certainly not bloody last an eternity.”

Also as Flat Capius a pleb from the baron waste lands of the frozen North once said:

“I am a father to a murdered TV, a husband to a bloody angry wife and I will have my vengeance in this life, or the next.”;)

Dave

Last edited:
Yep, FlatpanelsHD, HDTV Test and TrustedReviews may have all done reviews on the GZ2000 just read em, glowing reviews from each and everyone of em, probably one of the best oled TVs ever made, might even roll me a fag it's that good.

My point is (unless I have accidentally missed them and I quite easily may have done so) that in each of these reviews there is no mention about the many sound issues which many of us have endured with this TV.

I honestly believe and hope that Panasonic will fix the problem either later this month or sometime in the near future which is great for us all, as I have mentioned many times on here in the past the picture quality is simply mind blowing.

Surely though somewhere contained in any review of this TV there should be a mention about the current and recurring sound issues regarding this TV irrespective of whether or not there will be an immanent fix for it.

It's ok for everyone on this forum, myself included, who are already aware about the problems but the majority of Joe Public won't even know this site exists and some people will read the glowing reviews and several, granted not all, may buy this TV based on these reviews without knowing the full extent of the sound issues regarding the TV and to me that is simply WRONG!

Dave

I can understand your frustration with this crackle sound issue however reading this post it would imply that every single GZ2000 is affected by this issue when that is not what I see. There's a few of us that don't have it. I've had mine for just over 3 months and have actively tried to look out for this issue on all sources be it FreeView, Netflix, Sky Q or Blu-ray yet nothing no crackle what so ever. It could be because of my setup or I've been lucky to have a set that does not highlight this issue.

In any case, I do hope that Panasonic have a firmware update that will address this issue for you and others who have it, in my case I do hope the new update fixes the Rakutan app as it does not do HDR.

Hi thanks,
I will try add some later only have one atm thats of the back. Just want to know if the screen Bezel is separate as it’s dinked and damaged. But hoping I can keep the panel as it’s a good one with the small amount of testing I did on it.
Will get more.
Thanks

Damn that is not a happy looking TV. I would push for a FOC replacement.

I not sure EZ1000's are still available but if not then they should upgrade you to a GZ.

I can understand your frustration with this crackle sound issue however reading this post it would imply that every single GZ2000 is affected by this issue when that is not what I see. There's a few of us that don't have it. I've had mine for just over 3 months and have actively tried to look out for this issue on all sources be it FreeView, Netflix, Sky Q or Blu-ray yet nothing no crackle what so ever. It could be because of my setup or I've been lucky to have a set that does not highlight this issue.

In any case, I do hope that Panasonic have a firmware update that will address this issue for you and others who have it, in my case I do hope the new update fixes the Rakutan app as it does not do HDR.

gfreek Really don,t want to get into school playground spat here so I will make my apologies to you here and now in advance just in case my post in anyway offends you!

However what a word it is, you just know after the word however has been used that somethings gonna come your way after it that you do not like or necessarily agree with, like when said from driving test examiner, a court judge, a job interviewer, a cop with a speed gun, a referees crap decision at Millwall last Saturday or from a mortgage application, I think you maybe get my drift here.

So how you can suggest that my earlier post implies that every single GZ2000 is affected by the sound issue is simply beyond me, try reading the post again!

All I am saying is that certain people in the industry should grow a pair and inform the paying public about any current and potential issues regarding the sound of this TV.

However I may be totally wrong here!

Dave

gfreek Really don,t want to get into school playground spat here so I will make my apologies to you here and now in advance just in case my post in anyway offends you!

However what a word it is, you just know after the word however has been used that somethings gonna come your way after it that you do not like or necessarily agree with, like when said from driving test examiner, a court judge, a job interviewer, a cop with a speed gun, a referees crap decision at Millwall last Saturday or from a mortgage application, I think you maybe get my drift here.

So how you can suggest that my earlier post implies that every single GZ2000 is affected by the sound issue is simply beyond me, try reading the post again!

All I am saying is that certain people in the industry should grow a pair and inform the paying public about any current and potential issues regarding the sound of this TV.

However I may be totally wrong here!

Dave

No need to apologise I'm not offended. On 2nd reading your post maybe my response was wrong so apologies if I have misread/misinterpret your post.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom