Updated: Do you hear speaker crackling when watching the GZ2000

• I still have crackling even after the latest version of the firmware

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Samv2001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Richer Sounds have this due in on the 25th July confirmed by various people.

Various pre-orders have been made. Yes one by me :D

Think the Custom OLED panel and built in Technics tuned Atmos system with up firing speakers warrants a separate thread to current GZ series owners thread.

Nice one, hope to be a member myself in the next couple of weeks.

I should be an owner by the first week of august

Will be very interested to see what people think of this TV. I’m between this and the GZ950. Hoping it lives up to the hype.

Subscribed , I'm in Canada so it will be late September before I get mine , upograding form a ST 50 , only thing I have to decide is 55 -65 ? either way Im sure I will be a happy bunny .:)

Subscribed , I'm in Canada so it will be late September before I get mine , upograding form a ST 50 , only thing I have to decide is 55 -65 ? either way Im sure I will be a happy bunny .:)
I went with 65 for the first time this year. Biggest I’ve had so far is 55. If I survive the wife’s initial reaction I am looking forward to experiencing the increase in screen real estate

I went with 65 for the first time this year. Biggest I’ve had so far is 55. If I survive the wife’s initial reaction I am looking forward to experiencing the increase in screen real estate

My wife thinks our 55 is plenty big enough so I hope you survive. A 65” gz2000 then? You should invite the public in for tours :)

RS still saying they get delivery to warehouse tomorrow via following reply

“Yes, these are still due in to our warehouse tomorrow. As soon as they arrive one of the team will contact you to make delivery arrangements. I don’t blame you for excitement – it’s incredible!”

Seems some people in France already getting

«[OLED] Panasonic 2019 GZ2000 HDR10+ ET DOLBY VISION - Page 144» - 30093041 - sur le forum «Ecrans UHD (4K et 8K)» - 1427 - du site Homecinema-fr.com

Translated first impression from that forum

“In my case I see a clear difference with my EZ1000, it's much brighter.
Star Trek Discovery in Dolby Vision it's just beautiful...

A quick measurement with my probe in THX Brighter mode gives me 860 nits.
It seems to me that you can't do autocal calibration in Dolby Vision mode, but I may be wrong.
Because in fact, the Modes Pro 1 and 2 do not appear, there are only the 3 Profiles Dolby ... Case to follow.

On the other hand then it's impressive the homogeneity of the slab, it's just perfect, zero defect!”

Last edited:
Looking forward to everyone's feedback and impressions. Looking at finally upgrading from my trusty old 65" VT30

Nice impressions. I called rs today and they got gz2000 in warehouse. just got to wait till Panasonic to say they can release them . Hopefully tomorrow.

Seems some people in France already getting

«[OLED] Panasonic 2019 GZ2000 HDR10+ ET DOLBY VISION - Page 144» - 30093041 - sur le forum «Ecrans UHD (4K et 8K)» - 1427 - du site Homecinema-fr.com

Translated first impression from that forum

“In my case I see a clear difference with my EZ1000, it's much brighter.
Star Trek Discovery in Dolby Vision it's just beautiful...

A quick measurement with my probe in THX Brighter mode gives me 860 nits.
It seems to me that you can't do autocal calibration in Dolby Vision mode, but I may be wrong.
Because in fact, the Modes Pro 1 and 2 do not appear, there are only the 3 Profiles Dolby ... Case to follow.

On the other hand then it's impressive the homogeneity of the slab, it's just perfect, zero defect!”

That's just not fair the French getting delivery before us:eek:

860 nits? Is that it? LG C8 can do close to 850 and Philips around 900 nits. Still waiting for that magic 1000 nits.

860 nits? Is that it? LG C8 can do close to 850 and Philips around 900 nits. Still waiting for that magic 1000 nits.
Not really clear how he measured it yet. What window he used etc. I would be very surprised it hits 1000nits in any accurate picture mode test in all honesty. But if you couple even that with the 30% increase in the APL then I think you will notice quite a difference especially if they managed to increase near black performance (and white level detail too).

And if...and it’s a big if... he means by a homogeneous panel there is no banding or even tinting that’s worth some money too if that’s the result of the extra work or selection criteria that goes into these panels.

Not really clear how he measured it yet. What window he used etc. I would be very surprised it hits 1000nits in any accurate picture mode test in all honesty. But if you couple even that with the 30% increase in the APL then I think you will notice quite a difference especially if they managed to increase near black performance (and white level detail too).

And if...and it’s a big if... he means by a homogeneous panel there is no banding or even tinting that’s worth some money too if that’s the result of the extra work or selection criteria that goes into these panels.

No banding and 1000 nits. Will eat this GZ2000 for Breakfast lol. Fingers crossed. Hope you get a good one.

If I get that I’ll be straight to the corner-shop to get a lottery ticket

FWIW I went into my local Euronics store this morning asking about the GZ2000. They said that they normally have deliveries from Panasonic on a Monday or Tuesday but unusually they have a delivery tomorrow but could not confirm whether the GZ2000 would be on it. Regardless, they expect them in next week at the latest.

FWIW I went into my local Euronics store this morning asking about the GZ2000. They said that they normally have deliveries from Panasonic on a Monday or Tuesday but unusually they have a delivery tomorrow but could not confirm whether the GZ2000 would be on it. Regardless, they expect them in next week at the latest.
Sounds promising. Waiting “patiently” for a RS phone call here

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom