Panasonic GZ2000 OLED Owners Thread

Updated: Do you hear speaker crackling when watching the GZ2000

• I still have crackling even after the latest version of the firmware

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

THXMovieMan

It's a crackling TV :)

Jocking aside I'm sure it will be fixed.. When? That's a different story with Panasonic and their interest for ACTUAL customers. They usually fix things in next generation and ruin other aspects with it. :)
This is coming from a Panasonic customer for over 10 years..
but in what time frame.......

fold123

Standard Member
I'm positive, there is a fix, it seems some don't have it, in another forum as well. Either it's tv specific, what I don't think its very likely since they all run on the same software. Or it's in the chain somewhere else, like connections or WiFi. Not sure yet, but I have watched more TV the last 3 weeks than the whole year yet and never had it, others reporting that as well.

THXMovieMan

I'm positive, there is a fix, it seems some don't have it, in another forum as well. Either it's tv specific, what I don't think its very likely since they all run on the same software. Or it's in the chain somewhere else, like connections or WiFi. Not sure yet, but I have watched more TV the last 3 weeks than the whole year yet and never had it, others reporting that as well.
it could be faulty tv's or maybe peoples set ups/equipment but i have tried everything to find a work around. all seems to point to the tv or software.

Tegs200

The picture quality on the C9 and E9 should be identical though, so I presume other than design and sound they are the same and in a shootout they are only basing the verdict on picture (HDR, SDR, motion handling etc.)
Fair enough but the E9 is a beautiful picture on glass design and I'm sure it looks better plus the sound is all part of the experience , still think they use a closer matched tv.

fold123

Standard Member
it could be faulty tv's or maybe peoples set ups/equipment but i have tried everything to find a work around. all seems to point to the tv or software.
It could be possible that there is some fault in the sound hardware on some tvs, but as I understand it, it's also happening for external sources and for some even via arc? Not sure how that can be possible, or what could be the logical solution for this.
Software doesn't work on some TV s and not on others of the same series.

GeraltofRivia

Fair enough but the E9 is a beautiful picture on glass design and I'm sure it looks better plus the sound is all part of the experience , still think they use a closer matched tv.
The E9 is definitly a TV on my radar so if you're saying the sound is significantly better than the C9, that is encouraging. How is the motion on the E9? I've heard it's lacking when compared to the Panny and Sony so that's a concern as I watch a lot of fast motion sports, namely football and F1

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
Regarding the Crackles , Is it just when a sky 5.1 source is playing? If you play your 4k players and discs is there noise then?

THXMovieMan

Regarding the Crackles , Is it just when a sky 5.1 source is playing? If you play your 4k players and discs is there noise then?
I haven't tried my Blu-ray player yet. But I do get the crackle/popping when using the built in Netflix and prime apps.
I don't have a uhd player yet.

Samv0808

Distinguished Member
I second that. Going email that Panasonic guy and also ring RS.
It's just not on. A flagship TV should do it.
It seems to be getting worse for me.
I’m going to email that Panasonic guy again. Also waiting to hear back from normal support but it is the weekend. My email was polite but pissed off.

RS said they have no issues swapping it out but feel I feel like I’ll be playing the crackle lottery.

THXMovieMan

I’m going to email that Panasonic guy again. Also waiting to hear back from normal support but it is the weekend. My email was polite but pissed off

RS said they have no issues swapping it out but feel I feel like I’ll be playing the crackle lottery.
I email him this morning so I don't expect him to reply until Monday.
Like you I still haven't had any reply from I'm original complaint to Panasonic support.
I spoke to RS and they are going to contact panasonic for me too. But they always said can replace it but will the new one have the crackle issue too.
I don't know what to do. Get a refund, keep the tv and hope it's a software fix or replace it or swop it for a different make tv

We need a toll of how many have the crackle issue and who doesn't

Samv0808

Distinguished Member
I email him this morning so I don't expect him to reply until Monday.
Like you I still haven't had any reply from I'm original complaint to Panasonic support.
I spoke to RS and they are going to contact panasonic for me too. But they always said can replace it but will the new one have the crackle issue too.
I don't know what to do. Get a refund, keep the tv and hope it's a software fix or replace it or swop it for a different make tv

We need a toll of how many have the crackle issue and who doesn't
We could set up a poll on this thread? I think that’s an option. Can’t see it on my mobile though. We could have model number, 2000, 1500, 950, crackling yes or no and SKyQ yes or no.” And Built in Netflix yes or no?

Something like that?

Jokerr

Update. Still have the crackle. Back to the drawing board. The crackles seem to come the rear Atmos speakers.

I have turned of Atmos in the settings. But still have it.

This is ruining the tv for me

Return it. Think about the alternatives. You could get the entry level Panasonic OLED and an amazing soundbar/sub for the same price.

Samv0808

Distinguished Member
Return it. Think about the alternatives. You could get the entry level Panasonic OLED and an amazing soundbar/sub for the same price.
If I return it I’ll keep my Sony A1 till next year and see what comes. I’m happy enough with that.

THXMovieMan

We could set up a poll on this thread? I think that’s an option. Can’t see it on my mobile though. We could have model number, 2000, 1500, 950, crackling yes or no and SKyQ yes or no.” And Built in Netflix yes or no?

Something like that?
Shows good to me Sam :thumbsup:

Jokerr

I second that. Going email that Panasonic guy and also ring RS.
It's just not on. A flagship TV should do it.
It seems to be getting worse for me.
For this price, not only should you not get cracking but the audio needs to be excellent for built in tv speakers. No one seems to praise the audio.

I bet next year Panasonic will offer a similar Custom OLED Panel with an option of more basic speakers.

mtenga

Distinguished Member
I bet next year Panasonic will offer a similar Custom OLED Panel with an option of more basic speakers.
For me I wish they sold only the panel. No speakers, no tuners, no apps. They’ve offered similar in the past.

Samv0808

Distinguished Member
For this price, not only should you not get cracking but the audio needs to be excellent for built in tv speakers. No one seems to praise the audio.

I like the audio a lot now. Just I am constantly listening for crackling now. Even on sources I have never heard it. It tarnishes the enjoyment as others have said. That’s more of a problem for me than the issue itself

Mr. Mer

I have had the GZ2000 65 for 2 weeks now. My previous TV was a plasma (Pioneer Kuro 50 inch KRP 500a). Had that for just over 10 years and considered upgrading to an Oled for the last year or so.

Really pleased I bit the bullet. It’s great to watch new/old films in UHD/4K and also Blu Ray (1080 P content looks better than the Kuro). There is an all round improvement - increase in screen size, level of detail, brightness. While maintaining the natural/real look the Kuro excelled at. I use True Cinema/ Dolby Vision Dark and Netflix calibrated. I can’t see banding/ tint and there are no motion issues.

I now have a wall mounted smart TV with inbuilt freeview/ satellite for casual viewing. UHD/HD discs for the serious stuff via a Cambridge Audio CXUHD player. Sound is through a Cambridge Audio CXR120 AVR, feeding 5.1 Proac Response speakers. It’s great, what’s not to like ?!

Well….I can’t comment on the crackling issues experienced by others, as I don’t have Sky etc. And the sound from the TV speakers was not a major factor in buying. The only issue was whether I could use the Atmos from the TV in conjunction with my 5.1 set up i.e. run the two together. I thought I might be able to turn down the TV speakers, apart from the Atmos ones. That would be the icing on the cake. But I can’t see how this is done. It appears to be either sound from the TV or sound via the AVR. If anyone knows how to do it, please share.

Calibration - always regretted not doing this for the Kuro. The GZ2000 is a major investment and I am all for squeezing extra performance by a professional calibration. I am based in Kent and will see who is able to fit me in in the next month or so.
Good to read your thoughts as I'm in a similar boat. Had my KRP 500a for 10 years and a GZ2000 65" is looking like the most viable replacement/upgrade. I've been nervous of retiring the Kuro and regretting it but it sounds like you're pretty happy you made the jump...

THXMovieMan

I think the built audio is pretty good when is doesn't crackle lol

NewTvAddict

Tegs200

The E9 is definitly a TV on my radar so if you're saying the sound is significantly better than the C9, that is encouraging. How is the motion on the E9? I've heard it's lacking when compared to the Panny and Sony so that's a concern as I watch a lot of fast motion sports, namely football and F1
I watch Football , F1 and boxing and for me it's all great with no problem at all , when Ai sound is enabled it's really punchy and sounds great and for my the design and 2.1 hdmi just sealed it, the GZ2000 is going to pip it on HDR but its so close and for an all rounder it meets and exceeds my expectations.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q950T Soundbar Review, Filmmaker Mode, Disney+ $30 for Mulan, AV news and more

Trending threads

Latest News

NAD launches T 758 V3i surround sound receiver
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sky unveils next tranche of HDR content
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Acoustic Energy launches AE520 flagship speakers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Disney drops all 20th Century Fox branding