Panasonic GZ2000 OLED Owners Thread

Updated: Do you hear speaker crackling when watching the GZ2000

• I still have crackling even after the latest version of the firmware

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JohnnyMN

So jealous of everyone getting their GZ2000s. Can't wait to hear everyone's thoughts. Enjoy your new TVs guys! :clap: In the meantime I'll be signing up to one of those websites looking for some lonely people with deep pockets

t bone

Got call earlier today it’s in the warehouse but won’t be delivered until Tuesday most disappointed after most of you are receiving your TVs tomorrow sad!!!!

Lou Cypher

Banned
Still waiting for my 3 hour slot
Phew. Just sat back down briefly - gawd bless the inventor of air con !!

I think it was mentioned to me, that the slots go out later in the evening, though had the generic text confirming tomorrow as the date - so also waiting just for that last bit of info.

RS called me back as well. They had had a subsequent huge Panasonic products delivery after talking to me this morning - including the 820, which now will be arriving tomorrow with it. Yikes..That's me tied up until Kingdom Come. ..:p

And if you want to peruse or keep a PDF of the manual - it's available now

https://tda.panasonic-europe-servic...ata/ALL/TX55GZ2000E/OI/973947/TQB0E2885P4.pdf

Most days nothing is going on, and today half a dozen things all at once..typical :D

Right, need to go off, feed myself, the hound, take delivery of my groceries, grab a second cool shower, dispense of one TV, grab a beer and then....breathe at last.

Samv0808

Distinguished Member
I’ve got the graveyard delivery between 6 and 9. Hoping for some pictures and updates from those with early deliveries!! Good luck everyone!!

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
Look forward to seeing your pics of the set lads. I wont have mine for a few weeks yet... time to read all your reviews :thumbsup:

gibbsy

My wife thinks our 55 is plenty big enough so I hope you survive. A 65” gz2000 then? You should invite the public in for tours :)
Don't let her see the size of the box, she'll have a fit.;)

Samv0808

Distinguished Member
Hoping cause I got the 2 man delivery, unpacking and assembly it will go quick and smooth.No rush tonight as you say now :smashin:

Just hope they don’t come at the same time as my Friday Indian takeaway!!

Lou Cypher

Banned
After setup, first thing I'll be checking is for firmware updates. Seem to recall one was released for the other GZs pretty soon after they were first received by customers. Searching and finding may be two very different challenges though - can't find the Panasonic release that was issued at the time, moreover if it in fact would apply to the 2000. Still, cart before the horse etc.

Samv0808

Distinguished Member
After setup, first thing I'll be checking is for firmware updates. Seem to recall one was released for the other GZs pretty soon after they were first received by customers. Searching and finding may be two very different challenges though - can't find the Panasonic release that was issued at the time, moreover if it in fact would apply to the 2000. Still, cart before the horse etc.
Probably if there is one it will ask you to do it as part of the initial setup somewhere. The guy in the unboxing video had one.

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
how many of you guys getting it tomorrow own blade runner 4k?? one of my fav films and watched discs on oled, so i'll be asking what thats like on it..

Lou Cypher

Banned
how many of you guys getting it tomorrow own blade runner 4k?? one of my fav films and watched discs on oled, so i'll be asking what thats like on it..
Not got that one I'm sorry :-(

I've dug out two Star Wars 4k films..The Last Jedi & Solo which I'll be trying out once setup. I doubt I'll get the new 4k player setup as well as the TV though - given the lateish delivery tomorrow.

Sorry - saw Sam had answered & can help whilst I was faffing around here.

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
I have it. Any scene in particular? Not sure when I’ll get to watch the whole movie again in all honesty
If you get time have a look at the scene where deckard first tests Rachael , also the scene where deckard eats his noodles and gets arrested by gaff ... some nice neon and black levels there

Russ_64

^^ what I would expect from the Professional OLED panel :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies

Latest News

AVForums Podcast: 25th November 2020
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Sky agrees movie deal with Entertainment One
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Amazon Prime Video UK for December 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Lypertek renames TEVI wireless earphones to PurePlay Z3
  • By Andy Bassett