Panasonic GZ2000 OLED Owners Thread

Updated: Do you hear speaker crackling when watching the GZ2000

• I still have crackling even after the latest version of the firmware

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Proud owner of a GZ2000 in next few days input source will be a 2019 nvidia shield and a oppo 203 does it make any difference what hdmi inputs on tv is used for them

Proud owner of a GZ2000 in next few days input source will be a 2019 nvidia shield and a oppo 203 does it make any difference what hdmi inputs on tv is used for them
Enjoy mate👍.. all inputs do the same .. but i am using the inbuilt speakers.

This is what I've done several times before so I can use a high quality 'Chord Superscreen' mains cable which is much more heavily shielded than the manufacturer's captive lead.
And did you notice any difference?
Seems like a lot of work for no tangible improvement.
Dear All
Is it worth if I upgrade from 65Ez1 to 65GZ2 ?
Yes.

Paul

Enjoy mate👍.. all inputs do the same .. but i am using the inbuilt speakers.
Unless you want to use ARC, which is only available on HDMI 2.
Anyone recommend a sub for price in the region of 300/400
One of the BK Electronics range, are probably the best available in that price bracket.

Paul

Just about ready to pull the trigger on the 65GZ2000, reviews seem really positive! Time to upgrade from my 4 year old 58DX902 :D

Appreciate the question would have been asked 10s of times already, but to save me reading through 229 pages of comments, are there any glaringly obvious issues with this set i should be aware of? I won't be using the built in speakers.

Also, since I don't plan on shelling out for pro calibration, I'd really appreciate some users advice on SDR and HDR picture settings please. I've read pro1 and pro2 are near reference for day/night out of the box, but any tweeks to these would be great. Especially for HDR content, as PQ settings for non SDR content seem to be real thin on the ground.

Cheers :thumbsup:

EDIT : Ordered. Couldn't resist a sweet deal on an open box display unit for £2,150 :love:

I too am thinking of replacing my near perfect Sony KD-49XF9005 for a 55GZ now that the HZ has arrived and GZ prices are reaching their lowest!. Richer Sounds at £2,199 down from £2,499 appears vg against launch price of £3,299. Impressed by the various 5* reviews and spec etc.

Has anyone seen a lower price than £2,199?.

Am I crazy to upgrade after just over 2 years with the Sony?. I have some spare cash because of the Covid-19 lockdown and no holidays planned so is the GZ a bargain not to be missed?.

Would also hope to sell the Sony for £550ish with nearly 4 years Richer Sounds warranty remaining. Advise on this price welcome.. too high, too low?. (Nothing showing on ebay or Gumtree at present)

Looking at the rel HT1003 to add to the 2000 is there anything better at that price point it will only be used for home cinema

Looking at the rel HT1003 to add to the 2000 is there anything better at that price point it will only be used for home cinema
A couple of BK Electronics offerings would be better IMO. The Monolith at the top end, for slightly less money. Or the P12-300SB for considerably less money.

Paul

I too am thinking of replacing my near perfect Sony KD-49XF9005 for a 55GZ now that the HZ has arrived and GZ prices are reaching their lowest!. Richer Sounds at £2,199 down from £2,499 appears vg against launch price of £3,299. Impressed by the various 5* reviews and spec etc.

Has anyone seen a lower price than £2,199?.

Am I crazy to upgrade after just over 2 years with the Sony?. I have some spare cash because of the Covid-19 lockdown and no holidays planned so is the GZ a bargain not to be missed?.

Would also hope to sell the Sony for £550ish with nearly 4 years Richer Sounds warranty remaining. Advise on this price welcome.. too high, too low?. (Nothing showing on ebay or Gumtree at present)
I have mine from RS so i know the warranty is not transferable on your Sony unless you have a arrangement.

I have mine from RS so i know the warranty is not transferable on your Sony unless you have a arrangement.
A lot of Warranties require consent to transfer and this will not be withheld in the case of a private sale as opposed to a trade sale.

A lot of Warranties require consent to transfer and this will not be withheld in the case of a private sale as opposed to a trade sale.

I seem to remember the RS salesman confirming verbally, that I could transfer the remaining years of my VIP 6 year warranty if the new buyer could produce the Warranty Certificate. I have however noted that the T&Cs do state 'Not Transferable' so when and if the time comes, I will discuss the matter with RS.
However, I have now decided to wait for the 55HZ2000 to drop in price in 2021 after CES, if it goes ahead, COVID -19 notwithstanding.
Thank you for your posts clydebest and tom 2000

.........However, I have now decided to wait for the 55HZ2000 to drop in price in 2021 after CES, if it goes ahead, COVID -19 notwithstanding.
Thank you for your posts clydebest and tom 2000

REASONABLY GOOD NEWS!...A 'VIRTUAL' CES in 2021 has been confirmed. I always view AVForums coverage and other YouTube presentations from CES.

Off topic, I miss the live videos of the world's major Motor Shows cancelled because of the Covid-19 lockdown😡..but at least The 41st Bangkok Motor Show did go ahead last month with many YouTube videos online.

Finally got around to watching Gandhi (part of the Columbia Classics collection) last night and just like Lawrence of Arabia, it is a fantastic transfer. The detail, especially on faces is exceptional.
MVIMG_20200802_234934~2.jpg
MVIMG_20200802_233424~2.jpg
MVIMG_20200802_235154~3.jpg
MVIMG_20200802_233645~3.jpg
MVIMG_20200803_000446~2.jpg
MVIMG_20200802_233135~2.jpg

Looks great. My boxset arrived on Thursday so will be giving the films a spin soon!
That's awesome Sam. The boxset is worth it for just these two films alone imo. I'm also getting Spartacus in a couple days. That's also been reviewed very well. Are you a fan of the film?

That's awesome Sam. The boxset is worth it for just these two films alone imo. I'm also getting Spartacus in a couple days. That's also been reviewed very well. Are you a fan of the film?
Absolutely. It’s on my birthday list !! Can’t wait to watch it.

On a side note watched Backdraft on UHD last night. Looked very, very good.

On a side note watched Backdraft on UHD last night. Looked very, very good.
Must check that out. Perhaps that too will go into my to buy list 😄. It's remarkable what they can do with some of these older films right? Personally, I prefer the look of these old 4K remasters compared to the newer more digital looking films.

Hi Guys.

Need some advice. I have both a GZ1500 and a GZ2000. Both sadly have dead pixels or subpixels.

The GZ2000 has what appears to be two dead pixels but they are at the very right extremities of the display near the bezel. These sadly appear on all colours apart from black of course.

The GZ1500 has a single dead green sub pixel that appears only on a green background as a black dot. This is in the top right of the display.

I have gone through 4 Panasonic OLED panels and all sadly appear to have dead pixels/sub pixels. Sometimes 1, sometimes 2 and sometimes even more.

Given all this which do you think would be better to keep? The GZ2000 with two dead pixels on the edge of the screen or the GZ1500 with the single dead green sub pixel?

Cheers

Hi Guys.

Need some advice. I have both a GZ1500 and a GZ2000. Both sadly have dead pixels or subpixels.

The GZ2000 has what appears to be two dead pixels but they are at the very right extremities of the display near the bezel. These sadly appear on all colours apart from black of course.

The GZ1500 has a single dead green sub pixel that appears only on a green background as a black dot. This is in the top right of the display.

I have gone through 4 Panasonic OLED panels and all sadly appear to have dead pixels/sub pixels. Sometimes 1, sometimes 2 and sometimes even more.

Given all this which do you think would be better to keep? The GZ2000 with two dead pixels on the edge of the screen or the GZ1500 with the single dead green sub pixel?

Cheers
Sure someone will know the answer but 2 pixels out of how many.. i went from a AF9 to this tv due to top to bottom row or several, dead pixels .. i doubt i would notice 2 singular dead Pixels .. as to which tv to keep You are the best judge of that . All the best with your choice.

65GZ1000 owner here.

Asking here as some owners seem to be using a subwoofer.

Anyone knows if the subwoofer out can be used without any volume on the TV? I would like to the TV to only output LFE via subwoofer output and no sound coming out of TV speaker or the ability to turn the TV speaker volume at 0 but still get LFE via subwoofer out. Is this possible?

65GZ1000 owner here.

Asking here as some owners seem to be using a subwoofer.

Anyone knows if the subwoofer out can be used without any volume on the TV? I would like to the TV to only output LFE via subwoofer output and no sound coming out of TV speaker or the ability to turn the TV speaker volume at 0 but still get LFE via subwoofer out. Is this possible?
Yes you can turn off the TV speakers and only have the subwoofer output sound. Check the attached image.
MVIMG_20200809_152249.jpg

Finally had my GZ2000 and GX800 calibrated yesterday as i did before on my kuro.
Surprised how much red the GZ was pushing in the Pro 1 & 2 modes but now sorted and pushing 939 nits. Looks exceptional all round, even in HDR some of the content is similar to dolby vision and not blown out when pushed.
The GX was a different issue all together, no ISF modes so Julian had to go back old school again a good job.

Amazon Prime why don't you retain the settings for HDR when calibrated like a good boy !!!

:smashin: :smashin:

Finally had my GZ2000 and GX800 calibrated yesterday as i did before on my kuro.
Surprised how much red the GZ was pushing in the Pro 1 & 2 modes but now sorted and pushing 939 nits. Looks exceptional all round, even in HDR some of the content is similar to dolby vision and not blown out when pushed.
The GX was a different issue all together, no ISF modes so Julian had to go back old school again a good job.

Amazon Prime why don't you retain the settings for HDR when calibrated like a good boy !!!

:smashin: :smashin:
Just out of curiosity, how many nits did the Pro modes output prior to calibration? Just want to know if there was a significant increase in peak brightness after calibration. I reckon the red push in the Pro modes results in lowering the potential peak brightness.

Just out of curiosity, how many nits did the Pro modes output prior to calibration? Just want to know if there was a significant increase in peak brightness after calibration. I reckon the red push in the Pro modes results in lowering the potential peak brightness.
Not sure from the data I have but Julian did say it was the highest nit count from an OLED he had calibrated to date. Calman before and after graphs on pro mode 2 fir HDR. You can see the push beforehand and the white balance tweek to remove the pinkish tinge

Attachments

• 9C3646AC-D0D8-47B4-A3EA-4565D741F32F.jpeg
    9C3646AC-D0D8-47B4-A3EA-4565D741F32F.jpeg
    208.6 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom