Panasonic GZ2000 OLED Owners Thread

Do you hear speaker crackling when watching the GZ2000

• Yes I have heard speaker crackling and I have a Virgin V6 box

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Samv0808

Distinguished Member
Richer Sounds have this due in on the 25th July confirmed by various people.

Various pre-orders have been made. Yes one by me :D

Think the Custom OLED panel and built in Technics tuned Atmos system with up firing speakers warrants a separate thread to current GZ series owners thread.

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
I should be an owner by the first week of august

AlexMac

Will be very interested to see what people think of this TV. I’m between this and the GZ950. Hoping it lives up to the hype.

kb33

Subscribed , I'm in Canada so it will be late September before I get mine , upograding form a ST 50 , only thing I have to decide is 55 -65 ? either way Im sure I will be a happy bunny .:)

Samv0808

Distinguished Member
Subscribed , I'm in Canada so it will be late September before I get mine , upograding form a ST 50 , only thing I have to decide is 55 -65 ? either way Im sure I will be a happy bunny .:)
I went with 65 for the first time this year. Biggest I’ve had so far is 55. If I survive the wife’s initial reaction I am looking forward to experiencing the increase in screen real estate

thedoswells

I went with 65 for the first time this year. Biggest I’ve had so far is 55. If I survive the wife’s initial reaction I am looking forward to experiencing the increase in screen real estate
My wife thinks our 55 is plenty big enough so I hope you survive. A 65” gz2000 then? You should invite the public in for tours :)

Samv0808

Distinguished Member
RS still saying they get delivery to warehouse tomorrow via following reply

“Yes, these are still due in to our warehouse tomorrow. As soon as they arrive one of the team will contact you to make delivery arrangements. I don’t blame you for excitement – it’s incredible!”

Samv0808

Distinguished Member
Seems some people in France already getting

«[OLED] Panasonic 2019 GZ2000 HDR10+ ET DOLBY VISION - Page 144» - 30093041 - sur le forum «Ecrans UHD (4K et 8K)» - 1427 - du site Homecinema-fr.com

Translated first impression from that forum

“In my case I see a clear difference with my EZ1000, it's much brighter.
Star Trek Discovery in Dolby Vision it's just beautiful...

A quick measurement with my probe in THX Brighter mode gives me 860 nits.
It seems to me that you can't do autocal calibration in Dolby Vision mode, but I may be wrong.
Because in fact, the Modes Pro 1 and 2 do not appear, there are only the 3 Profiles Dolby ... Case to follow.

On the other hand then it's impressive the homogeneity of the slab, it's just perfect, zero defect!”

Last edited:

ujfb

Novice Member
Looking forward to everyone's feedback and impressions. Looking at finally upgrading from my trusty old 65" VT30

Daz0

Standard Member
Nice impressions. I called rs today and they got gz2000 in warehouse. just got to wait till Panasonic to say they can release them . Hopefully tomorrow.

t bone

Seems some people in France already getting

«[OLED] Panasonic 2019 GZ2000 HDR10+ ET DOLBY VISION - Page 144» - 30093041 - sur le forum «Ecrans UHD (4K et 8K)» - 1427 - du site Homecinema-fr.com

Translated first impression from that forum

“In my case I see a clear difference with my EZ1000, it's much brighter.
Star Trek Discovery in Dolby Vision it's just beautiful...

A quick measurement with my probe in THX Brighter mode gives me 860 nits.
It seems to me that you can't do autocal calibration in Dolby Vision mode, but I may be wrong.
Because in fact, the Modes Pro 1 and 2 do not appear, there are only the 3 Profiles Dolby ... Case to follow.

On the other hand then it's impressive the homogeneity of the slab, it's just perfect, zero defect!”
That's just not fair the French getting delivery before us:eek:

lgans316

Distinguished Member
860 nits? Is that it? LG C8 can do close to 850 and Philips around 900 nits. Still waiting for that magic 1000 nits.

Samv0808

Distinguished Member
860 nits? Is that it? LG C8 can do close to 850 and Philips around 900 nits. Still waiting for that magic 1000 nits.
Not really clear how he measured it yet. What window he used etc. I would be very surprised it hits 1000nits in any accurate picture mode test in all honesty. But if you couple even that with the 30% increase in the APL then I think you will notice quite a difference especially if they managed to increase near black performance (and white level detail too).

And if...and it’s a big if... he means by a homogeneous panel there is no banding or even tinting that’s worth some money too if that’s the result of the extra work or selection criteria that goes into these panels.

lgans316

Distinguished Member
Not really clear how he measured it yet. What window he used etc. I would be very surprised it hits 1000nits in any accurate picture mode test in all honesty. But if you couple even that with the 30% increase in the APL then I think you will notice quite a difference especially if they managed to increase near black performance (and white level detail too).

And if...and it’s a big if... he means by a homogeneous panel there is no banding or even tinting that’s worth some money too if that’s the result of the extra work or selection criteria that goes into these panels.
No banding and 1000 nits. Will eat this GZ2000 for Breakfast lol. Fingers crossed. Hope you get a good one.

Antiquarian

FWIW I went into my local Euronics store this morning asking about the GZ2000. They said that they normally have deliveries from Panasonic on a Monday or Tuesday but unusually they have a delivery tomorrow but could not confirm whether the GZ2000 would be on it. Regardless, they expect them in next week at the latest.

Samv0808

Distinguished Member
FWIW I went into my local Euronics store this morning asking about the GZ2000. They said that they normally have deliveries from Panasonic on a Monday or Tuesday but unusually they have a delivery tomorrow but could not confirm whether the GZ2000 would be on it. Regardless, they expect them in next week at the latest.
Sounds promising. Waiting “patiently” for a RS phone call here

t bone

Why are you so hung up on the nit count surely if you were really interested in the GZ2000 your primary goal would be overall picture quality, correct me if I’m wrong but I have not read any where on Panasonic literature claiming 1000 nits all they said was there will be a 30% increase in brightness from last years model. we have been told time and time again from pro reviewers that high nit count does not necessarily equal better picture quality I must be missing something about nits.

lgans316

Distinguished Member
Why are you so hung up on the nit count surely if you were really interested in the GZ2000 your primary goal would be overall picture quality, correct me if I’m wrong but I have not read any where on Panasonic literature claiming 1000 nits all they said was there will be a 30% increase in brightness from last years model. we have been told time and time again from pro reviewers that high nit count does not necessarily equal better picture quality I must be missing something about nits.
If I was obsessed with nits, I wouldn't be in the OLED threads lol and owning a LG-C8.

This means 100% sustained brightness should be 30% higher than 2018 which sounds too good to be true.

Anyways, I am awaiting early reviews from owners.

Samv0808

Distinguished Member
Hahah. So who will crack and call them? Agonisingly stuck on a customer site in a meeting at the moment praying my signal stays so I can step out and take the call if they do call

Trending threads

Latest news

Apple TV app now available on Roku devices
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sony announces 360 Reality Audio tracks available in Autumn
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Google Stadia and Pixel Buds launch dates announced
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Pixel 4 and 4 XL smartphones launched at Google event