Quantcast

Panasonic GZ2000 4K OLED Review & Comments

deon444

Distinguished Member
Still waiting for my GZ2000 to turn up , Panasonic Canada have them in very short supply , But I'll guess I'll have to make do with my GZ1000 ( first world problems :))
Anyway I'm shopping for a subwoofer and I dug some old cables out , One of which is a dedicated woofer cable , But it doesn't seem to fit too good in the GZ , sort of only goes so far in , The 3.5 mm headphone cable fits fine , what's everyone else using ? I can't try the fancy woofer cable as Ive no subwoofer at the moment .
You need a rca phono to 3.5mm stereo Jack cable

Tegs200

For someone who's so happy with their LG, you seem surprisingly concerned about the GZ2000 🙄
I am lol but I like popping over to this forum just to let them know that you really can choose other than Panasonic and Sony and get as good or sometimes better tv plus I love the banter and I really wouldn't change it (why would I)

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
I am lol but I like popping over to this forum just to let them know that you really can choose other than Panasonic and Sony and get as good or sometimes better tv plus I love the banter and I really wouldn't change it (why would I)
I wonder if any Panasonic owners do the same in the LG/Sony threads? :rolleyes:

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member

giogt600

Distinguished Member
@Phil Hinton
You say you guys measured the out of the box presets for accuracy. Could you tell us which out of the box preset actually produced the most accurate image ? Many thanks

giogt600

Distinguished Member

giogt600

Distinguished Member
Intelligent Frame Creation
Oh yes, of course. Thanks Phil.

I decided to treat myself to an early Christmas present and bought myself the 55GZ2000 which got delivered last Sunday afternoon. It was a testing set up process considering I’d only turned up from my works Christmas do an hour before....!!
I’d had years and years of faithful service from my trusty Panasonic 42GT50 plasma and the only tv that was ever going to replace it would have to be an OLED tv. After some extensive research and demo, I’d narrowed it down to either the Panasonic GZ2000 or the LG E9. Although I really liked the LG there was just something about the Panasonic picture that drew me in more and I felt the sound won out over the LG too.

Got to say, I thought my old plasma was heavy until I tried to lift the GZ out of the box....!! After tweaking about with the settings for a while, I’ve got to say, I’m completely blown away by this tv. The picture quality in HD & 4K HDR is out of this world and the sound is way better than my old plasma.
For that big screen cinema feeling, I’m still enjoying the JVC X7900, which was another great choice, but for my tv and movie watching in the living room, I honestly believe I can’t get any better the the Panasonic GZ2000.
One very happy and slightly out of pocket customer....!! :D

E9EDFEAD-D243-45B9-B2B1-5AB5437378AF.jpeg

Last edited:

Mr_Grinch

I'm an LG user poking my head in this forum because I'm debating a switch to Panasonic for my next TV. I'm trying to decide if to hold out for HDMI 2.1, or to jump on board the Pansonic OLED train now.

I'm not dissatisfied with my LG C6, the 3D on it is far and away better than any other set I've seen, but LG have major audio sync issues which, with a quick google, just haven't been sorted even on the latest model (we're talking C/B/E6 through to 9). With that in mind I genuinely couldn't recommend an LG set at present. Not everyone is susceptible to noticing it, but if you are then it'll drive you mad.

A quick google for Panasonic sync issues doesn't reveal anywhere near the same number of complaints, so I'm guessing I'll be safe (and I LOVED my GT50) so it's just the choice between jump in now or wait to see what 2020 brings.

This review was exceptionally useful though, and is really pushing me towards sacrificing VRR/EARC and just picking up the set in the new year.

giogt600

Distinguished Member
I'm an LG user poking my head in this forum because I'm debating a switch to Panasonic for my next TV. I'm trying to decide if to hold out for HDMI 2.1, or to jump on board the Pansonic OLED train now.

I'm not dissatisfied with my LG C6, the 3D on it is far and away better than any other set I've seen, but LG have major audio sync issues which, with a quick google, just haven't been sorted even on the latest model (we're talking C/B/E6 through to 9). With that in mind I genuinely couldn't recommend an LG set at present. Not everyone is susceptible to noticing it, but if you are then it'll drive you mad.

A quick google for Panasonic sync issues doesn't reveal anywhere near the same number of complaints, so I'm guessing I'll be safe (and I LOVED my GT50) so it's just the choice between jump in now or wait to see what 2020 brings.

This review was exceptionally useful though, and is really pushing me towards sacrificing VRR/EARC and just picking up the set in the new year.
I was going to wait till the new year but just couldn’t resist any longer....!! I managed to get the 55” version for £2499 and Curry’s offered 18 months interest free credit, so that really made my mind up to jump on board now. Even though it’s early days, I’ve got to say, it’s hands down the best quality tv I’ve ever owned. Go on....climb aboard....!! :D:thumbsup:

hotdog85

Standard Member
Hi guys, I’m looking to upgrade my Panasonic EX700B to the GZ2000. Ive seen a few people say they’re disappointed with the lack of HDMI 2.1 connection but does it really matter? Surely this only really matters for 8k? What benefit would 2.1 have if it was fitted to the GZ2000? I’ll will be using it for 90% gaming 10% blu Ray. I’ll be getting the PS5 when it comes out at the end of 2020. Should I wait for another tv?

Surfer01

Is any one using the GZ2000 with the SC-HTB900 sound bar? Do they compliment one another so that TV audio and sound bar can be used together?

thedoswells

Is any one using the GZ2000 with the SC-HTB900 sound bar? Do they compliment one another so that TV audio and sound bar can be used together?
I may be wrong but I believe you would need to choose either the TV speakers or soundbar, not both...

thedoswells

Okay thanks. Probably just have a sub woofer added if we are able to get the GZ2000.
I know a number of people with the 2000 have added a subwoofer and found it be a very good solution. I've not heard a set up like that though.
I have the gz950 with the stb900 and it works very well but the speakers on the 950 are nothing like the ones on the 2000. I'd love the 2000 with a sub but sadly it's not a financial option..

Koromiri

Standard Member
Thinking of buying this Panasonic with an Apple 4k stick. Can anyone confirm 5.1 pass through to a Yamaha avr as my receiver can only handle HDR 10 so would prefer to plug the fire tick direct to the TV.

Surfer01

Our Samsung Q90 went back yesterday and the new Panasonic GZ 2000 delivered in the afternoon. Connecting a Rel Zero T sub woofer to it for a bit more bass.

Russ_64

Thinking of buying this Panasonic with an Apple 4k stick. Can anyone confirm 5.1 pass through to a Yamaha avr as my receiver can only handle HDR 10 so would prefer to plug the fire tick direct to the TV.
In theory, ARC should work but as you will read here, many have issues with ARC (depends on multiple settings and sometimes model of TV & AVR). You could also use Optical cable but this will give DD 5.1 not DD+/Atmos.

Koromiri

Standard Member
In theory, ARC should work but as you will read here, many have issues with ARC (depends on multiple settings and sometimes model of TV & AVR). You could also use Optical cable but this will give DD 5.1 not DD+/Atmos.
Yeah thought so. Reluctant to spend this kind of money and have sync issues. Shame there's no earc as well considering the price..

Trending threads

Latest News

Disney+ announces discount for European launch
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Disney developing AI based video compression
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Vizio announces Disney+ available on SmartCast TVs
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Audio-Technica reveals Kokutan and Asada Zakura headphones