• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Panasonic GZ1500 now or Sony A8 Later

johnr2110

Prominent Member
All most ready to upgrade our current 55inch Panasonic oled to a 65inch TV. Very happy happy with the Pan which is to be moved to the bedroom. The only thing stopping me buying the Panasonic is the Sony A8. Possibly I'm being irrational but I suppose I've got to decide before the Pans are all gone. I suppose it's a case of the better the devil you know or the grass is always greener on the other side.
Finally if I decide on the Sony I'll wait for the price to drop. Fortunately the current TV is an enjoyable watch.

LCDseeker

Distinguished Member
If you love the Panasonic I'd go for that before they're all gone. There isn't much between the two panels you are considering so save some money.

Dodgexander

The GZ1500 sound is probably a little better than the A8. It would usually cost quite a bit more.

I presume you talk of the new A8 and not the outgoing A8G. If you were buying now you'd get more TV for the money buying an outgoing 2019 model than a new 2020 one.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom