Panasonic GZ OLED Series Owners Thread

Definitely better writing in your one as well.
Have to say Fall Guys does look amazingly bright and colourful on my GZ. And that’s in Pro 1 :)
Lancia are you so limited or you can’t read ?
Dynamic on default settings is awful in HDR , i recommend only Dynamic if you follow my settings .

Lancia are you so limited or you can’t read ?
Dynamic on default settings is awful in HDR , i recommend only Dynamic if you follow my settings .

Wow, nice guy and no thank you I won’t be using your settings as I’m not blind :smashin:

I’m a nice guy indeed , i just love poeple like you , dislike without checking.

But there's no need to go near dynamic as the best most natural picture settings are via the Pro modes for both SDR and HDR. OOTB they are stunning but once calibrated even better but it's Pro1/2 that give the best picture and no need to go messing with other presets.

Anyway, can probably put this to bed now and move on ;)

Tired to use the amazon prime app tonight and it was frozen on the prime logo would not load switched off and on a number of times and would not work gave up and used my 4k firestick to be honest I prefer the firestick is this just a clich or have any of you had the same problem

Just tried again its working now

TV finally up on the wall. Well, after lots of screaming, shouting and crushed fingers.

Topped off with a large, custom-printed poster I've wanted for ages, and was the kick I needed to get it done.

Plumbing in was a pain, as wanted all the wires hidden. Too knackered to enjoy it at the moment!!!

supes wall poster.jpg

TV finally up on the wall. Well, after lots of screaming, shouting and crushed fingers.

Topped off with a large, custom-printed poster I've wanted for ages, and was the kick I needed to get it done.

Plumbing in was a pain, as wanted all the wires hidden. Too knackered to enjoy it at the moment!!!

View attachment 1383306
Looks great. The hard work really payed off

Looks great. The hard work really payed off

Thanks!

There is a wire by the centre speaker to be hidden and the trunking you see will be gone, too, so it all becomes a case of 'more posters, more shelves for collectables' and full stream ahead!

Watched Halloween II in there earlier, and - as planned - once everything is shut, there is absolutely no light, no reflections or other distractions. Absolute bliss!! :)

Hey guys, just wondering what gamut youtube hdr is encoded in? The gamut doesn't change automatically from rec 709 to 2020 like it does with any other hdr content. Howethet the brightness etc does go up too 100 as expected. Do we need to change gamut manually?

Professional modes are the most accurate e and works for ANY content. Colors have not to “pop”, have not to be “natural”, they have simply to be ACCURATE, means the tv should produce a reference picture.
Amen!

Set it to Professional 2, Warm 2, everything else to off, enjoy!.... only other setting after that is luminance level, set at 50-60 for SDR, default level for HDR, don't adjust it. Also set Dynamic HDR Effect on. Pro calibration is the next step after those small adjustments.

Last edited:
Hello, I am the owner of the GZ950 and I have a question. First off, I have an Xbox One S, is it worth buying an Xbox Series X? Would the difference in graphics be large or similar? incl. RayTracing

The second is "HDMI 2.1" which just allow ALLM not 4K @ 120fps. So, in XSX games will works although 4k @ 60FPS?

Oh, I forget one thing. In TV menus is blocked option "Dynamic HDR effect" while playing games on Xbox One S.its default OFF and I cant change that Maybe Destiny 2 its not support HDR.

Regards.

Attachments

• dest.jpg
    dest.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 56
Hello, I am the owner of the GZ950 and I have a question. First off, I have an Xbox One S, is it worth buying an Xbox Series X? Would the difference in graphics be large or similar? incl. RayTracing

Well i havent seen a Series X but when i went from a Xbox One S to a PS4 pro/Xbox One X i already noticed quite a big difference and that is from the same generation. And the Series X/PS5 are more powerful than those as well so pretty sure the difference from a One S to a Series X is gonna be massive.

The second is "HDMI 2.1" which just allow ALLM not 4K @ 120fps. So, in XSX games will works although 4k @ 60FPS?

Oh, I forget one thing. In TV menus is blocked option "Dynamic HDR effect" while playing games on Xbox One S.its default OFF and I cant change that Maybe Destiny 2 its not support HDR.

Regards.

Probably better asking about the quality in the XBox forums. 4K HDR games on my PS4 Pro look amazing so next gen will do as well.
AS for 4K @ 120fps, no chance with this TV but as you say 4K @ 60fps will be fine. The thing is to have AAA games running at 4K @120fps the graphics would have to be downgraded a lot (see Dirt 5 example) so 60fps is just fine and a lot of games I expect will only be 30fps with RT or under 4K, say 1440p @ 60fps.

I personally don't think there's much to worry about at all. If I was buying a TV today I would go for the LG CX just because it does support HDMI 2.1 but I'm not really going to be missing out much with my GZ :)

View attachment 1383306

Good choice, our beloved Christopher Reeve during his night flying with Lois Lane in Superman (1978)... approved!! :)

Probably better asking about the quality in the XBox forums. 4K HDR games on my PS4 Pro look amazing so next gen will do as well.
AS for 4K @ 120fps, no chance with this TV but as you say 4K @ 60fps will be fine. The thing is to have AAA games running at 4K @120fps the graphics would have to be downgraded a lot (see Dirt 5 example) so 60fps is just fine and a lot of games I expect will only be 30fps with RT or under 4K, say 1440p @ 60fps.

I personally don't think there's much to worry about at all. If I was buying a TV today I would go for the LG CX just because it does support HDMI 2.1 but I'm not really going to be missing out much with my GZ :)
This is my thinking, I'd like VRR but not fussed about my TV not supporting 4k@120hz

Ubisoft confirmed we will se 4k@30 with raytracing on PS5/XBX with Watch Dogs legion and I think this will happen more often with AAA games to keep the quality up. Some might get performance mode so you can chose which would be optimal. So no I wouldn't worry either about 120...

Hi Guys,

Just bought tx-65hz1500e and I am very impressed with the quality compared to the old panasonic LED (had bad dirty screen effects). My only issue is that I would like to set the optimum sound settings. What requirements would you suggest?

Hi Guys,

Just bought tx-65hz1500e and I am very impressed with the quality compared to the old panasonic LED (had bad dirty screen effects). My only issue is that I would like to set the optimum sound settings. What requirements would you suggest?
someone in here can maybe answer but the Panasonic HZ OLED Series Owners Thread thread might be a better place to ask.

I've bought a 65GZ950B and already own a X-Rite 1.

Would you recommend paying for the CalMan Home for Panasonic version or use the Ultimate licensed version from a friend?

Is there much of a difference between both versions? Going with the Home version means I can re-calibrate as much as I want in the future...

any thoughts are welcomed :)

Luis

Got my beam today, set up easily, question is..... Previously had a Bose system plugged into headphone socket, if missus went to bed early I changed sound from headphone to TV speaker in sound settings which made it quieter due to Bose sub and speakers disconnecting, if I change it now from home cinema to TV speaker it switched then immediately switches back...any help would be appreciated.

Got my beam today, set up easily, question is..... Previously had a Bose system plugged into headphone socket, if missus went to bed early I changed sound from headphone to TV speaker in sound settings which made it quieter due to Bose sub and speakers disconnecting, if I change it now from home cinema to TV speaker it switched then immediately switches back...any help would be appreciated.

Think it will always swap back. Think there's a night mode on the Beam isn't there? I can check mine a bit later

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom