Panasonic GZ OLED Series Owners Thread

I don’t think so, but you can fire up YouTube on a mobile device, do your search on that & then cast the video to the TV.
I have been trying to find a way to do this with my galaxy s9+ but I keep having trouble. What's the right procedure? I must be doing it wrong. Do I need an app for that?

Yes, make sure you've downloaded the YouTube App on your phone, open it then open the App on the TV. A "screencast" symbol will appear at the top of your phone App which you push to connect the device to the TV. Once connected you can then use your phone as the remote for either typing or voice controlling the TV app. Alternatively you can select videos through the phone app then send that video to the TV. Works both ways.
Thanks for that. I was not aware. I get the how the first way works. But how do I go about the second, where I send the video to the TV?

I have been trying to find a way to do this with my galaxy s9+ but I keep having trouble. What's the right procedure? I must be doing it wrong. Do I need an app for that?

so, launch YouTube on your phone. Make sure your tv is on.
then select a clip to watch and it starts playing on your phone.
tap on the video to bring up various controls.
near the top right there should be an icon looking a bit like a tv with a wave pattern coming from the bottom left. This the ‘cast’ button.
click on it and it should list devices your phone can cast to.
if your tv is listed just click it, and it should start playing on the tv.
(I’ve named my tv in the TVs menu list so I can find it easily when I do things like this)
if your tv isn’t listed, go into the tv menu options and under network, connect to your router. Your phone and tv must be connected to the same wifi network for casting to work.
once done, you should be able to cast.
works for me and I have an android phone...

Thanks for that. I was not aware. I get the how the first way works. But how do I go about the second, where I send the video to the TV?
Look for this ‘Cast‘ icon on the top right of the YouTube video...

1581765513483.png

You’ll need to have logged into your account on the YouTube App on the TV for the cast feature to work.

I’m maybe being a bit thick here but need a little help/clarification please.
I’m trying to hook the TV up to my amp for Netflix/Prime and the only way I seem able to get sound through it is to go into ”TV settings - sound - speaker selection“ and switch from TV to Home cinema. Is this the correct/only way to do it?
Thanks.

I’m maybe being a bit thick here but need a little help/clarification please.
I’m trying to hook the TV up to my amp for Netflix/Prime and the only way I seem able to get sound through it is to go into ”TV settings - sound - speaker selection“ and switch from TV to Home cinema. Is this the correct/only way to do it?
Thanks.
Yes home cinema switches the TV speakers off and sends the audio via arc to your avr use hdmi 2 which is arc enabled.

Is there a way to use a virtual keyboard (either on a smartphone or standalone) instead of having to use the TV remote to key in search terms in the YouTube app in our GZ?

You could use the panasonic tv remote app 2 on your smart phone/tablet and use your phones/tablets keyboard.

For some reason The app does not see my TV. I don't know why.
Doing a search on the IOS App Store, I noticed 5 different “Panasonic TV Remote” Apps.

Maybe try your luck with one of the others (or another “Universal Remote” App).

I tried App 2 earlier and it quickly paired with my telly.

I know this TV lacks apps compared to the LG OLED's but are there any IPTV apps that can be installed on this? Couldn't find anything on the app page

Is there a wireless Panasonic stand alone sub woofer that can be bought for the GZ2000? Don't want to buy the complete soundbar sub woofer package as the TV has the built in sound bar.

Anybody use a Sonos playbar with 55GZ950?
If so if the playbar sits in front of the TV does the height of it cover up any of the bottom part of the screen?

im not sure about the cost where you are but I would certainly be giving the Samsung q80r soundbar a look. It doesn’t come with rears but you can add them if you want later.
i would think it would be a solid choice in your situation.

If you are thinking of adding rears, definitely worth checking out the Q90R becaues the "add-on" rear speakers are smaller, less powerful and highly doubt it fires upwards like the factory rears of Q90R. Might be worth checking both of them out :)

how are you playing DV files on your Shield TV ?
i have the shield 2019 pro and are having issues , thanks

I'm not sure how they are doing it either.
I tried to play DV files via Shield but DV didn't work. Explanation is something to do with "dual layer" video playback isn't supported by either Shield or the TV.

Is anyone else using ARC from the TV to their AVR with an Apple TV 4K connected to the TV?

When the Apple TV is configured to send "best available" audio I'm only getting 2-channel PCM sent to my receiver, so I've had to change the Apple TV to DD5.1.

There must be some setting somewhere that I'm overlooking, unless there's a weird restriction with the GZ's ARC implementation.

(My AVR is an old Yamaha RX-V667 which is just 1080 but does have ARC and can decode DD+, TrueHD, etc, but not Atmos).

Last edited:
Is anyone else using ARC from the TV to their AVR with an Apple TV 4K connected to the TV?

When the Apple TV is configured to send "best available" audio I'm only getting 2-channel PCM sent to my receiver, so I've had to change the Apple TV to DD5.1.

There must be some setting somewhere that I'm overlooking, unless there's a weird restriction with the GZ's ARC implementation.

(My AVR is an old Yamaha RX-V667 which is just 1080 but does have ARC and can decode DD+, TrueHD, etc, but not Atmos).
I use the same device chain as yours and do not have any problems with multichannel sound.

I use the same device chain as yours and do not have any problems with multichannel sound.

Interesting, gives me hope. I'll have to keep looking for the elusive option that enables it - although I would have expected it to pass multi-channel PCM by default.

Interesting, gives me hope. I'll have to keep looking for the elusive option that enables it - although I would have expected it to pass multi-channel PCM by default.
Do you use STRAIGHT mode in Yamaha?

Yamaha has the feature of displaying the number of channels per screen. If it receives a multichannel, then on the screen on the right in the corner channel icons will be displayed. Do you have that?

Maybe you should download the disc and check the sound on it on the channels
Schiller. Atemlos Live (Blu-Ray)

Yamaha has the feature of displaying the number of channels per screen. If it receives a multichannel, then on the screen on the right in the corner channel icons will be displayed. Do you have that?

Yes, that's how I noticed I was getting 2-channel only (only left & right indicators were lit).

If I switch to one of the DSP modes (something other than Straight) then all the indicators light up, but the receiver is just mixing the stereo signal into the other channels.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom