Panasonic GZ OLED Series Owners Thread

Sadly exactly the same thing happened with my first 950. I posted a similar picture to yours with a green vertical line earlier in the thread.

RS insisted on the return being sent back in a huge flight case, which they arranged, and the delivery men packed it for me.
Luckily I've still got the box and all the packing.I remember your earlier thread on the subject but i could'nt find it hope the new one's a good one because i just love the TV. I've got it wall mounted with a socket behind it so its just a matter of of unpluging it one hdmi cat 5 and tv aerial and lifting it off the wall mount got to go now starting series 2 of Jack Ryan:)

Luckily I've still got the box and all the packing.I remember your earlier thread on the subject but i could'nt find it hope the new one's a good one because i just love the
Well second time was a charm for me and I love this TV as much as most. Fingers crossed for you. It was post 730 where I posted a pic of my green line.

09A0AED6-40E6-41E5-9B87-5E2C70B225A5.jpeg

Got an opportunity to compare this against the DX-902B today. The OLED was overall better but was quite surprised how good the 902 looked. It was noticeably brighter and had punchier picture on bright scenes. Anyone who thinks the difference is night and day needs to go to SpecSavers :)

Thanks. That is surprisingly low considering the quality. It really looks great.
On the face of it yes but, it's 33% higher than DV on Netflix. By comparison, Apple TV DV uses about 30Mb/s of bandwidth.

With modern compression methods, it's difficult to know what this actually means and the proof is most definitely in the pudding, so to speak.

Paul

On the face of it yes but, it's 33% higher than DV on Netflix. By comparison, Apple TV DV uses about 30Mb/s of bandwidth.

With modern compression methods, it's difficult to know what this actually means and the proof is most definitely in the pudding, so to speak.

Paul

True and having watched a few things on iPlayer and Netflix DV now I do think things like artificial grain being added to the likes of ST3 make the image appear less clean than, I assume untouched, BBC docs?

I was browsing the spec sheet for the GZ1000 which is the model we have in NZ.

On the Panasonic NZ websites specs, it says that this TV has an Ultra Bright Panel and Blade speaker.

Are these specs the same for the GZ950? I can't find anything similar on Curry's website.

On the Panasonic NZ websites specs, it says that this TV has an Ultra Bright Panel and Blade speaker.

Are these specs the same for the GZ950? I can't find anything similar on Curry's website.

I think unlike the NZ/Aus website, Panasonic’s European website just doesn’t mention the blade speaker for both the 1000 & 950 GZ models.

I think they’ve still got them, but the website’s just sloppy?

I though the blade speaker referred to the UK Spec GZ1500 model which has a soundblade front fired speaker. I know my GZ1000 and the GZ950 only has standard side firing speakers and are not described as a blade speaker. Obvioulsy the specs in NZ of the tv may be different, I would contact a Panasonic retailer or Panasonic direct and check to make sure.

Yes definitely try Vierra link off as that will sever the link.. On my beam it sometimes stops accepting command to play music, i.e. it will announce it's playing say BBC radio, will make the Radio app sound but then the music stream never starts. I put it down to a network issue tbh as rebooting my router and / or Beam solved it....
Turning VIERA Link off does indeed revert the sound to tv speakers and removes all ability to select Home Cinema sound. However Alexa still does not stream music on voice command. She acknowledges the instruction but nothing.

Turning VIERA Link off does indeed revert the sound to tv speakers and removes all ability to select Home Cinema sound. However Alexa still does not stream music on voice command. She acknowledges the instruction but nothing.
As I said previously I don’t think the CEC/Viera link has anything to do with Alexa not playing music. When I had the issue I rebooted my Wi-fi router and maybe the Beam to fix it, it’s more a network issue I think....

As I said previously I don’t think the CEC/Viera link has anything to do with Alexa not playing music. When I had the issue I rebooted my Wi-fi router and maybe the Beam to fix it, it’s more a network issue I think....
I was clutching at straws. The entire system has been rebooted a number of times.

Do you have to set the TV to specifically receive instructions from either Google Home or Alexa?

Or in theory if you had both could you just use them both for things that made sense?

I was clutching at straws. The entire system has been rebooted a number of times.
It’s an Alexa issue apparently, just had it and fixed it in my Beam. Go into Alexa disable the Sonos skill and re-enabled it and now works fine for me, maybe try that..

I’ve done nothing with Vierra link that’s all still enabled and not touched that...

It’s an Alexa issue apparently, just had it and fixed it in my Beam. Go into Alexa disable the Sonos skill and re-enabled it and now works fine for me, maybe try that..
Done that. No joy. Alexa responds. Just no music.

I appreciate all the help but here is not the place for it as it doesn’t work even with HDMI disconnected and Beam rebooted.

The ag8 has panel refresh manual, and pixel shift. Panel refresh auto also operates once the TV goes into stand by after 4hrs or so of use. That's all I know right now.

I really think if most of your viewing is SDR you can't go wrong with a Sony ag8. Dolby vision is also suppose to look decent, the nature DV it being in metadata form helps rectify the slight lack of brightness the Sony has with static HDR.

Thank you for your reply, I saw an AG8 yesterday and it wasn’t massively impressed I have to say. But I’m interested in the AG9.
Anyway I’ve changed my mind, I think I’ll move my room around and wall mount a TV which will open me up to the GZ2000 or Philips 934 with their integrated sound solutions which is what I’d like, I’ll also buy one when the new models come out and these sets drop in price. Hopefully I’ll be able to check them out at the end of the month.

I have posted this in the sound bar forum section also but thought I would ask here also

I have had another update to my Yamaha bar 40 sound bar and it’s connected to my new Panasonic gz950b oled tv ,I am now getting the Dolby Atmos flag pop up on screen when watching things ,was the update to enable Atmos ,anybody know

Thank you for your reply, I saw an AG8 yesterday and it wasn’t massively impressed I have to say. But I’m interested in the AG9.
Anyway I’ve changed my mind, I think I’ll move my room around and wall mount a TV which will open me up to the GZ2000 or Philips 934 with their integrated sound solutions which is what I’d like, I’ll also buy one when the new models come out and these sets drop in price. Hopefully I’ll be able to check them out at the end of the month.
I've changed my mind as well. :D I'm back to the most popular but toughest choice it seems, gz950 or C9. TV buying harder than buying a house. Lol

I still have my dilemma as to which set to go for . At least I have narrowed it down to three, this Pany, Philips 804/854 or LG C9. I do no gaming whatsoever. Most viewing is SD and HD via freesat and some freeview. I have a Philips smart tv from many years ago, cracking picture in my opinion, I do not use any apps as they are so slow to load and frankly cannot be bothered with them. Not sure if that will change if I get a more modern version. As I watch a fair bit of satellite I note the LG has only one tuner so am limited there. I would like to ask questions about tv guides/EPGs. Have been told that no sets now have say an EPG like one would get from a freesat/freeview box. If so what I cannot understand is for example the Philips manual states there is an 8day tv guide for stations that are stored in the set well is that not the same as I have now? I must mention I am a big fan of ambuilight to. So at the moment the jury is still out.

I still have my dilemma as to which set to go for . At least I have narrowed it down to three, this Pany, Philips 804/854 or LG C9. I do no gaming whatsoever. Most viewing is SD and HD via freesat and some freeview. I have a Philips smart tv from many years ago, cracking picture in my opinion, I do not use any apps as they are so slow to load and frankly cannot be bothered with them. Not sure if that will change if I get a more modern version. As I watch a fair bit of satellite I note the LG has only one tuner so am limited there. I would like to ask questions about tv guides/EPGs. Have been told that no sets now have say an EPG like one would get from a freesat/freeview box. If so what I cannot understand is for example the Philips manual states there is an 8day tv guide for stations that are stored in the set well is that not the same as I have now? I must mention I am a big fan of ambuilight to. So at the moment the jury is still out.
The Philips looks fantastic here(yeah I know its just a vid and you can't take too much from that, but even so) I wish I could understand the guy though. :D He may be a good reviewer. Doesn't look like this particular vid can be translated, the setting isn't showing.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom