Panasonic GZ OLED Series Owners Thread

I see it says hdmi 2.1 settings in 1 of your images, I thought there wasn't hdmi 2.1 support?

There is support for ALLM (auto low latency mode) which is in the 2.1 spec but can work on 2.0 ports. I believe only the Xbox currently supports this feature.

Could one of you lucky 950 owners please tell me the width of the stand please & does anyone know if the stands would likely be the same width on both the 65" & 55"

Thanks.

Could one of you lucky 950 owners please tell me the width of the stand please & does anyone know if the stands would likely be the same width on both the 65" & 55"

Thanks.

The stand for my 65" is 50"W and 30"D and i would imagine it would likely be the same for the 55".

Thought i would take a few pics of some of the main picture settings to give people an idea of what to expect.
Hi, peahead. Couple of questions:

Is full field white noticeably whiter than your other OLEDs? I know on one of the AVforum podcasts they talked about how Panasonic had eliminated the cyan spectral emission OLED panels are known for.

Also, have you tried a 120Hz input from your PC? Hopefully Panasonic added support this year. That was always a deal breaker for me in the past.

Cheers!

Is full field white noticeably whiter than your other OLEDs?

Cant say i have noticed the whites being any whiter to be honest but is there some way i can test for this?

Also, have you tried a 120Hz input from your PC?

I will try this now and get back to you.

Cant say i have noticed the whites being any whiter to be honest but is there some way i can test for this?
I think probably just an eye test of a full field white screen compared with another OLED. Measurement devices don't pick up the cyan spectral emission.

I will try this now and get back to you.
Thanks! It may require trying custom resolutions. Of course, 4k 120Hz won't work due to lack of HDMI 2.1, but previous Panasonic OLEDs lacked the ability to do 1080p 120Hz. Other OLEDs have been able to do 1080p and even 1440p 120Hz for awhile now.

Thanks! It may require trying custom resolutions

No luck either tried custom resolution at 1080p @120hz and 1440p @120hz but it just gave me a blank screen.

Yes 500mm or about 20 inches :laugh::blush:. i think i need to go to bed my head is done in lol.

Well i suffer from severe M.E. so i should definitely be in bed now ! Have a goodnight's sleep...ready for your intense viewing tomorrow ! :)

I surely will. It’s coming in the morning but I won’t have time to watch anything until Friday.

Friday :eek: I have booked today off awaiting your review :) Its more difficult to log on at work for updates :laugh:

That will be torture for you looking at the box tonight !

Being serious, can't wait to hear another review, more the merrier ! Hope all goes well with delivery :)

No luck either tried custom resolution at 1080p @120hz and 1440p @120hz but it just gave me a blank screen.

I’d be grateful if someone could explain in layman’s terms what this means you can and can’t do, and whether it’s something that should put me off buying one of these. Thanks

I’d be grateful if someone could explain in layman’s terms what this means you can and can’t do, and whether it’s something that should put me off buying one of these. Thanks

Simply means the tv will not accept a 120hz refresh rate signal from a PC just the std 60hz refresh rate.

Tested my Xbox X today and enabled ALLM in the settings menu for the X and the tv and i am pleased to report its super responsive :clap: i think the input lag on the GZ950 should be very good but we will have to wait for some proper reviews to come out to confirm my feelings.

Last edited:
No an LG and Toshiba and the reflections are handled better on the Panasonic because of the absolute black filter inside the tv.
Does the absolute black filter make a big difference when it comes to reflections compared to your other oleds?I wonder if it's close to being as effective as the anti reflective coating on the 2019 Samsung qled (q90).

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I currently have a b7 which reflects a lot in my living room because of big windows behind the couch facing the TV.

Get some photos uploaded lads. Peasants like myself live vicariously through you :laugh:. I think this TV will sway me over the C9. Especially if it falls under 2k during Black Friday :D

Get some photos uploaded lads. Peasants like myself live vicariously through you :laugh:. I think this TV will sway me over the C9. Especially if it falls under 2k during Black Friday :D
The lanky one is the GZ2000 buyers
1435.jpg

Next gen ps5 or Xbox May have 1080p @ 120hz, so it could be a big deal.
It’s far more important than 8k.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom