Panasonic GZ OLED Series Owners Thread

mtenga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok let's get it on.

My 65" GZ950 comes this week, some prelim thoughts probably on Thursday or Friday.

GZ2000 might want to setup their own thread but welcome here if they wish.

Ok let's get it on.

My 65" GZ950 comes this week, some prelim thoughts probably on Thursday or Friday.

Looking forward to how you get on. Especially with motion and upscaling. Hope it’s all you wish for.
Cheers

Looking forward to how you get on. Especially with motion and upscaling. Hope it’s all you wish for.
Cheers

Same here...just waiting...and waiting :)

Ok let's get it on.

Have you planned time off work to allow full testing, report, answer any questions we will have. We AV forum folk are quite demanding and hope to see a full review same day as delivery ...oh, you mean you want to watch TV instead.. :D

Have you planned time off work to allow full testing, report, answer any questions we will have. We AV forum folk are quite demanding and hope to see a full review same day as delivery ...oh, you mean you want to watch TV instead.. :D
Luckily some other guy here is getting his tomorrow so he is official guinea pig :D

What bracket choice are people thinking of for the 65" ?

I was eying up Vogel OLED but they don't do 400 x 400 Vesa on the particular model number. Found one they do for Vesa size but wondered what other brands people use. I would want it to come out from the wall to allow easy access to cabling.

Here’s wishing all the new owners a great TV. Going to be very interested to see thoughts here prior to my GZ2000 arriving. Thanks in advance for everyone’s insights

There are no codes in the Harmony database yet. Presumably the FZ952 codes are the way to go?

Luckily some other guy here is getting his tomorrow so he is official guinea pig :D
Mine arrives Thursday but I've "promised" myself I'll move the radiator to fit the wall mount before unpacking the TV...

I doubt I'll last 10 minutes though, especially since my missus doesn't know I bought the motorised mount or radiator yet :rotfl:.

The Vogel I got for my GX800 really impressed me, very high quality. I've gone for the 7355 for the GZ950. I like the idea that it retreats to a safe distance from my mischievous dogs when it's off. But also that it can extend out to 70cm when I'm on the Xbox and already on the edge of my seat.

Do we think he has had it delivered yet and up and running ! Well it is Wednesday :) I have mine in the basket, just waiting to see one report in the open ;)

Mine arrives Thursday but I've "promised" myself I'll move the radiator to fit the wall mount before unpacking the TV...

I doubt I'll last 10 minutes though, especially since my missus doesn't know I bought the motorised mount or radiator yet :rotfl:.

If you only break one promise in your life, this would be a very valid reason for it !

Enjoy the 'arrival' :thumbsup:

So my 65"GZ arrived this morning from RicherSounds but only just had chance to set it up and get it mounted on my cantilever tv stand.

Tested a few 4K blu-rays first one being Power rangers as its in Dolby Vision and wanted to see how the GZ would handle it and can honestly say it looks bloody fantastic i am blown away with it not only because of the picture but with the way motion is handled on this set.

Need to do more testing obviously but from what i have seen so far this tv is quality and i don't think people will be disappointed when they get theirs.

Not tested anything else yet will test Netflix 4K and Amazon Prime /Youtube ect in the coming hours.

off to play :D

So my 65"GZ arrived this morning from RicherSounds but only just had chance to set it up and get it mounted on my cantilever tv stand.

Tested a few 4K blu-rays first one being Power rangers as its in Dolby Vision and wanted to see how the GZ would handle it and can honestly say it looks bloody fantastic i am blown away with it not only because of the picture but with the way motion is handled on this set.

Need to do more testing obviously but from what i have seen so far this tv is quality and i don't think people will be disappointed when they get theirs.

Not tested anything else yet will test Netflix 4K and Amazon Prime /Youtube ect in the coming hours.

off to play :D

Good news that it's not sh%t :D

Not sure of anyone knows of content to test for motion...maybe there was specific things that people were testing on the FZ series to check for motion judder and micro-stuttering?
I presume you just have the motion settings set to default atm?

I presume you just have the motion settings set to default atm?

Yes everything at default at the moment but motion is defo better on the Panasonic and i have two previous Oled's to compare it with.

Have Since Tested Netflix 4K / Amazon Prime and all seem to be working as intended.

Yes everything at default at the moment but motion is defo better on the Panasonic and i have two previous Oled's to compare it with.

Have Since Tested Netflix 4K / Amazon Prime and all seem to be working as intended.
Your comments are much appreciated and it is great to hear. Can hardly wait for tomorrow and some real testing of my new TV at the weekend.

Can someone please test now tv streaming, as this is an alternative to sky contract.
In particular the upscaling on now tv.
Is there compression artefacts, microblocking. Is the picture sharp and detailed. How about motion.

Good luck GZ pioneers. I started the FZ owners thread and will watch this with great interest. Still happy with my FZ, and no point changing until maybe the ‘IZ’ (HZ at a push!). Have fun guys :)

Fgs now we have a dedicated GZ thread. Now it'll be even harder to resist.

There was me just yesterday saying I'm waiting until around March next year before getting one of these things. Changed my mind already I can't see that happening now TBH. I might just hold out until late September/early October though :D

Are your other oleds Panasonic as well?
How does your gz handle reflections compared to the other oleds?
I wonder how much of an impact the absolute black filter has in a bright room situations (which is one of the reasons I'm considering this over the lg)
Congrats on your new TV :clap:

Last edited:
Your comments are much appreciated and it is great to hear. Can hardly wait for tomorrow and some real testing of my new TV at the weekend.

I think you will be happy mate its lived up to my expectations so far, report back here when you can because there more people giving feedback the better. :D:thumbsup:

Thought i would take a few pics of some of the main picture settings to give people an idea of what to expect and to compare with previous models in case there is anything different.I have to say though the menu system seems very responsive and well organised, i do like the LG system though with the magic remote but the Panasonic does a very good job too.

Attachments

• IMG_20190626_214120.jpg
    IMG_20190626_214120.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 2,074
  • IMG_20190626_214150.jpg
    IMG_20190626_214150.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2,471
  • IMG_20190626_214212.jpg
    IMG_20190626_214212.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,609
  • IMG_20190626_214231.jpg
    IMG_20190626_214231.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1,505
  • IMG_20190626_214244.jpg
    IMG_20190626_214244.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1,675
  • IMG_20190626_214257.jpg
    IMG_20190626_214257.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,586
  • IMG_20190626_114158.jpg
    IMG_20190626_114158.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 1,880
I think you will be happy mate its lived up to my expectations so far, report back here when you can because there more people giving feedback the better. :D:thumbsup:
I surely will. It’s coming in the morning but I won’t have time to watch anything until Friday. From what you are reporting I should be in for a treat. The Richers offer made me change my plans and forget the GZ2000 and hopefully I’ll be proved right. Seems incredible the price you can get a decent 65 inch OLED for these days. Some of the other competitor models now look way too expensive.

I surely will. It’s coming in the morning but I won’t have time to watch anything until Friday. From what you are reporting I should be in for a treat. The Richers offer made me change my plans and forget the GZ2000 and hopefully I’ll be proved right. Seems incredible the price you can get a decent 65 inch OLED for these days. Some of the other competitor models now look way too expensive.

Yeah i think Panasonic has been really wise with pricing on these models and can see the other manufacturers having to drop there models too a similar price bracket.I think the professional calibrators will love the GZ2000 but in the real world how much better can it be compared to the models below? its not like the blacks can go any deeper or maybe they can get a few more nits out of these so called special panels i dunno.

Thought i would take a few pics of some of the main picture settings to give people an idea of what to expect and to compare with previous models in case there is anything different.I have to say though the menu system seems very responsive and well organised, i do like the LG system though with the magic remote but the Panasonic does a very good job too.
I see it says hdmi 2.1 settings in 1 of your images, I thought there wasn't hdmi 2.1 support?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom