Panasonic GZ OLED Series Owners Thread

Anyone using free view play via an aerial? I can tune in the channels, bring up the tv schedule, get the sound, but no picture on any channel. Anyone else have this?
I was just interest3d in the pic quality
Cheers

It’s interesting stuff and I was in a similar position to you. I was able though to slightly rearrange things in the lounge and was moving to a sound bar from a 5.1.
The gz is superb but I can’t really comment on the gx. There is of course a thread for it.
Wish you the best to get it all worked out. These things are not always straightforward...

So true what you say about these things never being straightforward! If only my lounge was a couple of feet wider, it would make ALL the difference!

So true what you say about these things never being straightforward! If only my lounge was a couple of feet wider, it would make ALL the difference!

Goodness me how I can relate to that. Thanks to my persistence, and mainly my good lady wife’s creativity, we’ve found a way. Never give up I say :)

Iv not heard of TPS before, just seen they offer a 7 year warranty, what are their warranties like, as good as RS?

Also what u guys think about those Vogel electric wall mounts. It's a good idea but they can cost up to £1000 on there own. Does anyone know which ones fit the panny and how expensive they are? Are they worth it, my wife is constantly moving my current TV, putting her grubby fingers over the sides lol
I have the Vogel's 7355 motorised mount which my GZ950 is on. Vogel's sell one labeled for OLED but the 950 has 400 X 400 VESA mounting holes so it needs the larger one.

It's great, I'm very happy I bought it. One thing to bear in mind though, the GZ TVs have hardwired power cables so I had to get an IEC to UK plug to mount on the back of the TV to power the mount. This lets it extend/retract with the TV power on/off.

The app control is great once connected, but it can take 15-30 seconds to "find" the bracket. It's great for angling the TV away from reflections from doors/windows. The main thing I use it for is because my seating position is unfortunately 4m away from the screen, even with the 65" it's not big enough. The Vogel's mount extends the TV to around 75cm from the wall so when I'm watching movies I always extend it out so the TV is only 3.25m away.

I got mine with the TV from RS so I got 20% off it due to a deal they had on at the time.

I have the Vogel's 7355 motorised mount which my GZ950 is on. Vogel's sell one labeled for OLED but the 950 has 400 X 400 VESA mounting holes so it needs the larger one.

It's great, I'm very happy I bought it. One thing to bear in mind though, the GZ TVs have hardwired power cables so I had to get an IEC to UK plug to mount on the back of the TV to power the mount. This lets it extend/retract with the TV power on/off.

The app control is great once connected, but it can take 15-30 seconds to "find" the bracket. It's great for angling the TV away from reflections from doors/windows. The main thing I use it for is because my seating position is unfortunately 4m away from the screen, even with the 65" it's not big enough. The Vogel's mount extends the TV to around 75cm from the wall so when I'm watching movies I always extend it out so the TV is only 3.25m away.

I got mine with the TV from RS so I got 20% off it due to a deal they had on at the time.

I’m looking at the non-motorised 7345, did you use spacers to get around the ‘stand hump’ ?

So, another foolish question I’m afraid.
I have an android phone... with a number of photos on the google photos app, taken by the phone. Easiest way to show them as a slideshow on the 950?
Ta

I’m looking at the non-motorised 7345, did you use spacers to get around the ‘stand hump’ ?
Yeah, the bottom bar clashes with it. You need spacers to at least match the depth of the hump, around 12 or 13mm if I remember correctly.

Yeah, the bottom bar clashes with it. You need spacers to at least match the depth of the hump, around 12 or 13mm if I remember correctly.

Thought so.Cheers mate!
Am also using mine to ‘close the gap’;my room is just over 4m,so screen out & sofa out as far as the Memsaab will allow should get me down to sub 3m to get some benefit of 4K on the 65.(Also an audio benefit with seating off the wall).

So, another foolish question I’m afraid.
I have an android phone... with a number of photos on the google photos app, taken by the phone. Easiest way to show them as a slideshow on the 950?
Ta
Chromecast. They are not expensive.

Apologies if this has been answered before but does a notification pop up if you start playing Dolby Vision or HDR10+ ?

Apologies if this has been answered before but does a notification pop up if you start playing Dolby Vision or HDR10+ ?
Yes to both, you get a colourful notification. There is a setting in the menu for notifications. You can hit the info button at anytime to get resolution and range info.

Reading some comment's in the C-9 owners thread about a grainy picture on the Panasonic's, is there anything in that?

Reading some comment's in the C-9 owners thread about a grainy picture on the Panasonic's, is there anything in that?

I’ve only ever seen it when the source picture looks like it is inherently grainy.
I don’t know whether LG smooths out such content more, but in general I find the gz to be very clean and true to the original source.

Yes but only in content I would expect to see it. You’d have to be a bit more specific. Like what they were watching, what settings were, Picture mode etc.

Someone just saying the Panasonic is grainy without any details is pretty meaningless really.

In the dual tuner models - can you record one channel while watching another ? Also can you series link record ? And can you you pause and rewind live tv ?
Finally can you use the Panasonic remote to also control an attached Apple TV ?
Thanks

Thank you. Do you know if you can use a 4k fire stick instead as I have one of those connected already?
Cheers
Yes you can use the Amazon Photo App. I use it with ios devices but will work with Android as well, since the FireTV is Android. Checkout the Google store. I use my own photos as screensavers on the FireTV.

I’ve only ever seen it when the source picture looks like it is inherently grainy.
I don’t know whether LG smooths out such content more, but in general I find the gz to be very clean and true to the original source.

Yes but only in content I would expect to see it. You’d have to be a bit more specific. Like what they were watching, what settings were, Picture mode etc.

Someone just saying the Panasonic is grainy without any details is pretty meaningless really.

Thanks. Yeah i agree, doesn't sound like it's an issue as suspected.

Yes you can use the Amazon Photo App. I use it with ios devices but will work with Android as well, since the FireTV is Android. Checkout the Google store. I use my own photos as screensavers on the FireTV.

Marvellous. Great help thanks :smashin:

Thanks. Yeah i agree, doesn't sound like it's an issue as suspected.

I’m not sure whether it’s a question of settings people have used, but I’ve watched a lot of different content and I would really challenge anyone to call it generally grainy.
Most content from hd and up is superb on the 950 and I would imagine the 2000 to be even better.
Note: I’m not decrying LG TVs in any way as I think they are excellent, (and the good people who own them) but maybe the people who feel the Panasonic is grainy have different viewing criteria.
IMHO the gz series is stunningly good...

Just watching the Netflix app and the 950b turned its self off and then back on again ,anybody else had this happen

Just watching the Netflix app and the 950b turned its self off and then back on again ,anybody else had this happen
Yes, but only once in the first week I had the TV back at the start of July. I'm assuming you're already on the 3.176 firmware? I've not had it happen since I updated.

Yes, but only once in the first week I had the TV back at the start of July. I'm assuming you're already on the 3.176 firmware? I've not had it happen since I updated.

Yes I am on the new firmware,

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom