Panasonic GZ OLED Series Owners Thread

Well it obviously leaves you one input short. So you either need a switcher in addition, or upgrade your AVR. I'd upgrade the AVR.
I think the possibly bigger issue is the lack of HDR support from the AVR. Although, the OP could run the sources that need HDR support direct to the TV (SkyQ, Shield). Is it a PS4 Pro? And is that a UHD Blu-ray player?
Then run the other's via the AVR.

Paul

Last edited:
I think the possibly bigger issue is the lack of HDR support from the AVR. Although, the OP could run the sources that need HDR support direct to the TV (SkyQ, Shield). Is it a PS4 Pro? And is that a UHD Blu-ray player?
Then run the other's via the AVR.

Paul

Old PS4, so out of those the Sky Q/Shield/Bluray player need HDR/DV support. So all of those will go into the TV, along with the AVR out. And the PS4 etc will into the AVR?

So does that mean the AVR has to be on everytime I want to play the PS4, and audio will come out of the AVR?

Anyone get Atmos from Netflix via ARC to a soundbar? I only get 5:1 on my JBL BAR 9:1.

Anyone get Atmos from Netflix via ARC to a soundbar? I only get 5:1 on my JBL BAR 9:1.

Does your TV support Atmos? And is it enabled?

Do the Panasonic uktv apps allow you to watch live content ie itvplayer and all 4 ?

Weird well I can't get Atmos at all, I tried turning the Dolby Atmos setting on and off but that doesn't change anything. I do get atmos from the tv speakers that's about it.

Weird well I can't get Atmos at all, I tried turning the Dolby Atmos setting on and off but that doesn't change anything. I do get atmos from the tv speakers that's about it.
Have you got a netflix premium subscription which gives you ultra hd that's the only one that gives you Atmos I believe

Anyone having problems with connecting the their smart phone device to the TV.. it would mirror perfectly before... it’s no the phone because it’s working fine with my other panasonic TV

Have you got a netflix premium subscription which gives you ultra hd that's the only one that gives you Atmos I believe
Yes I do and I get Atmos from TV speakers just basic 5:1 on the soundbar.

If I disconnect the soundbar from the ARC connection and use my TV speakers to play atmos content, and then as it's playing I reconnect the HDMI cable to the ARC connection, the Atmos is still playing and I can hear all the channels coming out of all the speakers which indicates Atmos is working correctly.

Playing another title then only plays at basic 5:1 so not sure what's going on.

Also tried a different HDMI cable but that doesn't change a thing.

If I disconnect the soundbar from the ARC connection and use my TV speakers to play atmos content, and then as it's playing I reconnect the HDMI cable to the ARC connection, the Atmos is still playing and I can hear all the channels coming out of all the speakers which indicates Atmos is working correctly.

Sorry got no idea hope you get it sorted

Try changing in the sound options the HDMI sound format to bitstream instead of Auto

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 52
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 52
The option should be available when you are NOT inside an app such as netflix or prime.
Yeah it shows up outside the app, however changing it to Bistream has still made no difference.

Like I said earlier the only way for me to get Atmos out of the soundbar is to unplug the HDMI cable from ARC, use the TV speakers to play the Atmos and then plug back in the HDMI cable to ARC.

Not going to lie it's very annoying.

Yeah it shows up outside the app, however changing it to Bistream has still made no difference.

Like I said earlier the only way for me to get Atmos out of the soundbar is to unplug the HDMI cable from ARC, use the TV speakers to play the Atmos and then plug back in the HDMI cable to ARC.

Maybe something wrong with the cable?

I feel your pain. And not knowing which device is faulty is so frustrating. Unless you bought them both from the same place and just demand they sort it?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom