Panasonic GX800 series 4K LED TVs leaning backwards

Does your Panasonic GX800 TV lean backwards?

• Yes it does

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Yes it does, and it really bothers me

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Yes it does, and no it doesn't bother me or affect my viewing enjoyment

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • No, my set does not lean backwards

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

kipper15

On this forum, and in particular on the GX800 owners thread, there are comments relating to some of these sets leaning backwards. It would seem that some owners are experiencing this while others are not.

In addition to comments on here a disgruntled GX800 customer on the John Lewis website comments:

"Why does it tilt backwards after 24 hours as opposed when set up? If it was meant to why does the rear rubber button compress so far that the plastic stand sinks until the hard stand itself at the rear hits the shelf so it can lean back no more?"

I wanted to start a poll on this to find out how many of you are seeing this issue, and if it bothers you (or not). I had my heart set on the TX-50GX500B but I'm somewhat nervous about taking a punt on one, only to find the thing leans backwards when surely it isn't supposed to?!

kipper15

I have a 40'' screen and it does not lean.
So I saw you comment on in one of the other threads about the GX800 series. Look at that image though, that's from the data sheet. Looks like it is by design (compare the picture of the TV on the pedestal on the right of the image compared to the image on the left without the pedestal. Quite a noticeable difference...

Tzap

Standard Member
So I saw you comment on in one of the other threads about the GX800 series. Look at that image though, that's from the data sheet. Looks like it is by design (compare the picture of the TV on the pedestal on the right of the image compared to the image on the left without the pedestal. Quite a noticeable difference...
Ok will take a better look tomorrow. Must be my age although as I said before cannot see the lean. Maybe more noticable on larger screens?

kipper15

Ok will take a better look tomorrow. Must be my age although as I said before cannot see the lean. Maybe more noticable on larger screens?
I guess that's possible although another forum member on here has said they saw a 40" (same as yours) in a Euronics store that most definitely was leaning back...

Mattchew

I find the whole leaning backwards thing somewhat odd, the data sheet implies it's "by design", there are some who have reported no leaning and some that have...
Panasonic started making TV's that lean back everrrrr so slightly back in 2016 starting on the high end DX902. The lean is to help prevent it toppling forward and smashing. You know, if a pet or a kid farts about near it and pulls it. The slight lean back helps counteract that as it will take more weight and force to make it topple. Having said that my 50GX800 that has been sitting here set up since June is pretty much upright. If i had to get anal about it i'd say it was 99.9% upright.

FevreDream

My 40" had the lean from when I set it up. It doesn't bother me as you can't even tell it's leaning from front on, and doesn't seem to affect image quality, but it is odd that some have it and some don't. Even more strange are those who don't have the lean initially then have it appear a day or so later. Maybe the GX800 range ships with two slightly different stand designs and it’s just pot luck if you get a leaner or not. :thumbsdow

If it is by design for stability reasons wouldn't it be more susceptible to being pushed over backwards though? OK if it toppled backwards the kid doing the pushing and pulling would be less likely to be hurt but it wouldn't do the TV any good!

I suppose if you like the TV but really can’t live with the lean you could get one of table top stands with a VESA mount as a last resort. That would get the TV vertical. Or wall mount it of course.

Last edited:

Trending threads

Top Bottom