Panasonic GX800 Owners Thread

Just been an viewed a 50 inch gx800 in our local Panasonic dealer and I was very impressed with the picture and motion on screen ,I had them put Wimbledon on for for me , I am interested in getting the 58inch screen as the other half’s not impressed with having a 65 take up the corner of the room,

I have a calibrated cx50 802b that is excellent in my eyes but would need to get rid of this,how much could I ask ,still has remaining warranty from Panasonic

Cheers
Hi, I have a cx802b. Keeping it as its on the last true great 3D TVs that also has 4k HDR. It has Full Array local dimming and a THX certified 120hz screen. I calibrated the picture using the avforums settings tweaking the backlight for my room settings and still love the picture on it and it beets many pictures I see today. This said I am very impressed with the picture quality on my 40 gx800b that I have in the bedroom. I have seen on ebay the 50cx802b go for about £250-£300 which I crazy for a £1800 TV with those specs but I appreciate the 3d TV market has died (unfortunately as I love 3D) and the TV is now over 3 years old. I personally don't think I will be selling mine at still have a 3 year warranty left from RS and any great FALD with a VA panel or Oled or FALD Qled over 50inches is going to be well over a £1200. I saw a few deals for last years LG 9500 for £749 but these are an IPS panel so contrast ratio and black level performance wouldn't be great. I can't recommend the gx800b enough as I love the dolby vision performance, just wish there was more dolby vision content. I hope this helps answer your question.

Hi, I have a cx802b. Keeping it as its on the last true great 3D TVs that also has 4k HDR. It has Full Array local dimming and a THX certified 120hz screen. I calibrated the picture using the avforums settings tweaking the backlight for my room settings and still love the picture on it and it beets many pictures I see today. This said I am very impressed with the picture quality on my 40 gx800b that I have in the bedroom. I have seen on ebay the 50cx802b go for about £250-£300 which I crazy for a £1800 TV with those specs but I appreciate the 3d TV market has died (unfortunately as I love 3D) and the TV is now over 3 years old. I personally don't think I will be selling mine at still have a 3 year warranty left from RS and any great FALD with a VA panel or Oled or FALD Qled over 50inches is going to be well over a £1200. I saw a few deals for last years LG 9500 for £749 but these are an IPS panel so contrast ratio and black level performance wouldn't be great. I can't recommend the gx800b enough as I love the dolby vision performance, just wish there was more dolby vision content. I hope this helps answer your question.

Thanks, I had it calibrated by One of the pro calibrators of here and I am still impressed, we have just moved and the room could take a larger screen size, I bought the 802 the day it came out with the 5 year warranty from Panasonic

I was impressed by the gx800b I saw yesterday in all aspects ,I noticed on the Panasonic website that the 5 year guarantee offer runs out on the 31st of this month

Can you record 1 channel whilst watching another as the advert implies as I thought it was just a single tuner

Cheers
Chris

Thanks, I had it calibrated by One of the pro calibrators of here and I am still impressed, we have just moved and the room could take a larger screen size, I bought the 802 the day it came out with the 5 year warranty from Panasonic

I was impressed by the gx800b I saw yesterday in all aspects ,I noticed on the Panasonic website that the 5 year guarantee offer runs out on the 31st of this month

Can you record 1 channel whilst watching another as the advert implies as I thought it was just a single tuner

Cheers
Chris
Hi Chris, no problem. Unfortunately I have tired to record anything as of yet. But the picture quality the gx800 is fantastic. You would. Not be disappointed :)

Being a gloss screen, is the inevitable background reflection intrusive?

Picked up the 58gx820b from currys this afternoon, got it set up and watching Freeview, first impression I am pleased with it , screen is very reflective and need to have a play with a few settings , managed to get it for just £803 using my defence discount card and buying currys vouchers to pay for it

Any tips on settings welcome

New software update this morning for mine

Sorry it just updated to the latest version 3.612,

Are people getting the Dolby Atmos flag on Netflix as I only get 5.1

Edit, updated again this morning to software version 3.676

Cheers

Last edited:
Download Information of TV for Europe/ UK and Ireland/ CIS | Download | TV | Digital AV | Support | Panasonic Global

Date/Version Description
Jul. 9. 2019
Ver. 3.676
  1. Improve system stability

I already said it here I think but GX800 have different firmware file from GX900 and OLED GZ contrary to the 2017 and 2018 sets which all share the same firmware.

This is a bad news for the long term support because it will be easy for Panasonic to drop the firmware support sooner for the GX800 than for the OLED sets which more people care about.

Download Information of TV for Europe/ UK and Ireland/ CIS | Download | TV | Digital AV | Support | Panasonic Global

Date/Version Description
Jul. 9. 2019
Ver. 3.676
  1. Improve system stability

I already said it here I think but GX800 have different firmware file from GX900 and OLED GZ contrary to the 2017 and 2018 sets which all share the same firmware.

This is a bad news for the long term support because it will be easy for Panasonic to drop the firmware support sooner for the GX800 than for the OLED sets which more people care about.
This is probably due to the HCX vs HCX Pro processors. I noticed in the GZ firmware it includes the 75 inch GX902 series which also has the HCX Pro processor.

Hopefully rather than it meaning Panasonic will drop support sooner, it means they will support the 2018 TVs longer because of the GX800. Unlikely I know, but fingers crossed.

Yes indeed they split them up depending on the processor. But that's probably a deliberate choice for more flexibility, not a constraint.

If you have a look at the 2017 range, the OLED EZ and EX750/EX780 had the HCX² processor, which the lower-end models (EX600 and EX700) didn't have.
Although there was a major hardware difference, they all shared the same firmware.

I'm quite interested in this tv, i currently have an ku6470. Would this be a massive upgrade? I heard that it has a 50hz refresh rate. How is that possible in 2019, it's usually 60hz minimum these days.

Yeah decent review that. I just wish someone would review with shared calibrated settings.
Me too just bought this today mines the gx820 from Currys . No idea why it's 820. If anyone had any calibration settings so I can play about with it that would be great

I have just bought aTX-58GX800B from John Lewis and I'm impressed. Unfortunately, I have a problem. My Humax PVR is connected via HDMi and I get picture but no sound. I have tried different ports with no success. I thought it may be the HDMI lead which I have changed without success. Any ideas what might be the problem?

I have just bought aTX-58GX800B from John Lewis and I'm impressed. Unfortunately, I have a problem. My Humax PVR is connected via HDMi and I get picture but no sound. I have tried different ports with no success. I thought it may be the HDMI lead which I have changed without success. Any ideas what might be the problem?
What you could try Robbie is go into menu select setup. enter HDMI Auto setting. select which HDMI you are using and change the mode from 1 to 2 or 2 to 1. this caught me out aswell

I have just returned my 58gx820b to currys and opted for a 55gz950b as replacement paying the extra.

The 820b developed a band about an inch wide down the left hand side of the screen and a pixelated area in the bottom corner, the Manager saw it as soon as he looked at the tv and authorised a return, that was short lived,now to read the Gz owners threads again

Last edited:
What you could try Robbie is go into menu select setup. enter HDMI Auto setting. select which HDMI you are using and change the mode from 1 to 2 or 2 to 1. this caught me out as well

Thanks for that. I have ordered a new Humax FVP-5000T Freeview Play Recorder that will arrive tomorrow, so I will try then. I have had my present Humax for about seven or eight years so I thought a new one would be better with my new TV.

just got the 58" version with one issue,
When i goto xbox one x and load a game i have to goto HDMI Auto Setting and goto mode 1 then switch it back to 2 to get full HDR in my game. No matter what game i load i have to go through this.
Before doing this the game was washed out, until i tried mode 1 then immediately switched to mode 2. It's as if it is not refreshing when the image comes through.

Any ideas?

Anyone else experiencing this with console?

Thanks for that. I have ordered a new Humax FVP-5000T Freeview Play Recorder that will arrive tomorrow, so I will try then. I have had my present Humax for about seven or eight years so I thought a new one would be better with my new TV.

What's your old model Robbie?

Me too just bought this today mines the gx820 from Currys . No idea why it's 820. If anyone had any calibration settings so I can play about with it that would be great

Sammelbecken Neue Modelle 2019 GX(W)94*/90*/80*/70*, Panasonic - HIFI-FORUM (Seite 8)

Review: Panasonic TX-40GXW804 Ultra HD lcd-tv

Try the above for settings. I'm getting the 50GX800 very soon. So planned ahead. I find it's best to do so if you can find the time! I like to be up and running and set as soon as possible. :D Just translate those links.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom