Panasonic GX800 Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by sam786, May 20, 2019.

1. Mattchew

Mattchew

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    To add further confusion in some European countries like the Netherlands the GX800 is known as the GXW804.
    Panasonic GXW804 LCD-TV 2019 in 40 bis 65 Zoll...

Panasonic GXW804 HDR TV review: Betaalbare...

2. resseh

resseh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    could someone please post a photo of the back of the tv as i cant find one online. i need to know if it will fit on my telly bed mount.

3. bowman1

bowman1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Hope this helps.

Attached Files:

4. resseh

resseh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    oh wow thank you. thats really helpful to see the power cable. I can now check with the tv bed company. thank you.

5. bowman1

bowman1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    No problem, I am glad this has helped.

6. sam786

sam786

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I had to use wall mount spacers to have this on my wall as it wasn't level with my current wall bracket.

7. Beansontoast

Beansontoast
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Anyone know if when selecting different picture modes it has a dedicated picture mode for gaming? I know Panasonics have a game mode that drops input lag etc but i mean an actual game picture mode? Thanks.

8. desinho

desinho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +373
    '+ FRC' Gradients on TVs: Color bit depth
    The FX750 has a 100Hz panel so these in the first place are not the same panel but yes instead of '8bit+FRC' you could say '8bit+2'. And there have been plenty of examples where it has performed better in terms of gradients than so called real 10bit panels (like was the case with the Samsung KS models where the supposed 8bit+FRC Sony models of the time displayed better performance in terms of colour banding as pointed out in a few reviews using a scene from The Martian for one iirc). I also posted an article from AVS Forums about this topic in the Sony section not long ago where it was mentioned a Panasonic model with 8+2bit performed better than an actual 10bit panel (so the underlying processing software also plays a role)

9. SilentHill89

SilentHill89

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    The black levels are messed up on this tv for gaming, it's either completely washed out or completely crushed. I've tried every setting (HDMI Auto/PS4 Auto) etc. The only black is in the RGB Normal setting & it's crushed so you can't see any detail. I've matched every possible RGB pairing & its awful. You have to be blind to not notice this issue. And HDR gaming is washed out as well. Can't enjoy games like this at all..

10. bowman1

bowman1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Are you sure you don't have a dodgy unit? I appreciate I haven't and probably won't ever use the TV for gaming but the blacks on this TV are great for an Led TV. I have compared them side by side against my cx802 which got fantastic reviews for its back levels and that is a fald TV and I honestly can't see any difference to the gx800.

11. Beansontoast

Beansontoast
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Something is going wrong there then. Either a faulty unit or your setting aren't matching up right. This video from the experts at Digital Foundry shows you what to do on Panasonics. Different model in the video but settings will be the same when it comes to consoles.
    Panasonic DX750 4K TV Best Settings Guide [SDR...

12. Wild13

Wild13
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bought the Panasonic 40GX800 Yesterday & less than 24 hours later I wil be putting back to shop,On the top right hand corner my wife notified me about a black square in that corner,
    I was half asleep at the time, In the glory of the morning I noticed the black square in the corner & realised that it was a failed LED screen, Come on Panasonic where has the quality gone ??
    I have a 37in Panasonic Plasma that is a fantastic tv 720p I bought this tv because the one we have now must be getting on for 10 years old and I thought that things must have moved on.
    Has It ??

13. Erinville

Erinville
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How do you turn on the Professional Mode to make a few tweaks?

14. xxTinkerbellexx

xxTinkerbellexx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Everyone,

Not sure I am posting in the right forum, but I'm sure one of you will let me know. :)

I woke up one day this week and decided I wanted a new TV. I currently have a Panasonic Viera TXP42UT30B 3D TV that is in perfect working order.

I had decided on the TX-49FX750B, but after reading the forum today I am wondering if I should be going for the TX-50GX800B.

Other than one being a 2018 model, is there any significant difference between the two? Which one would you go for, and do you think I would be able to sell my current Plasma?

Note: I do not want a TV bigger than 50".

Thanks for reading and I'm looking forward to reading your valued responses :D

15. sam786

sam786

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30

You can list your current TV on Shpock or Gumtree and see if it sells. In regards to the differences.

The GX800 has better contrast levels as it's using a VA panel. Compatible with the mainstream HDR formats and has better built in speakers.

The FX750 is using an IPS 100hz panel which means better viewing angles, better motion, but lower contrast and blacks levels. It is also a very heavy set and I did not like the design of this set, others may disagree.

On paper the FX750 sounds impressive but I've had one myself and sent it back and been happy with my GX800 ever since.

16. xxTinkerbellexx

xxTinkerbellexx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for replying. Very much appreciated. :thumbsup:

I must confess I am leaning towards the FX750. It seems to be a better spec and I also saw it in the shops and quite liked the design.

17. Beansontoast

Beansontoast
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Every electronic has a percentage that fail. Sounds like you got unlucky. About to set my 50 inch up, fingers crossed. =s

18. bowman1

bowman1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Are you pleased with your 50 inch?

19. virtual22

virtual22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +763
    Would also be interested in your thoughts, I'm looking at the 58 inch.

20. Beansontoast

Beansontoast
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I didn't set it up in the end. I spent ages untangling cables and such behind my TV unit (How do they get like that? lol) then life called so i had to leave it. Will do it tomorrow or tuesday night. But once i do i'll do some calibration and see how accurate the preset picture settings are and set it up for gaming etc and posts some pics and thoughts. =)

21. wazoox

wazoox
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone,

I just bought a GX820 in France (GX800 with a different stand), I'm pretty pleased about it (natural colours, black depth, etc) but I do have a few problems with it : on some tv shows (mostly british, or even Black Mirror on Netflix), with all the features disabled, I still have this kind of numeric soap opera effect. And honestly, I f****** hate that. I noticed that it was coming from files with a 25fps frame rate. I wish I could have the choice on this (my previous 1080 tv with vlc was perfect, never had this problem...)

Do you have the same motion problem in the US, considering that NTSC is 60hz and here Pal is 50hz ? I'm losing my mind about this o_O

And also : did you manage to keep your HDR mode settings in memory ? They always come back to "by default" when I turn the TV off...

Thanks for your help !

22. SilentHill89

SilentHill89

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Its nothin to do with a faulty unit, every AV panel ive had is the same. The blacks either appear to dark or too washed out. Enabling auto black level just defaults it to washed out. I've told John lewis im returnin in it anyway & im gonna try a monitor this time as im done with tvs. Too much motion issues & sh*t.

23. bowman1

bowman1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Just a heads up that John Lewis and Richer Sounds have today both increased the prices on these sets. The 40inch model is now £699 at both.

24. Mattchew

Mattchew

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Must be wrong settings or your eyes are just accustomed to something different. Like how my brother watches everything in dynamic mode and anything else to him looks wrong.
    I picked up a 50" last night and mine looks fine when gaming. Here's some PS4 PRO pics. The camera is actually making the character look darker than he is in person. In person you can see the detail on him. The rest pretty much looks the same in picture as in person. I don't use HDR on this TV as it really isn't HDR capable. No edgelit 8 bit panel really is. It just ramps up the backlight and contrast to max and stays there whiteing out the blacks. If you want inky blacks and the best contrast you need to dig deeper into your pockets and buy a full array local dimming TV or an OLED. [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]Not sure if my images uploaded, don't quite know how to get them in here.

20190612-065116

20190612-063606

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  25. SilentHill89

SilentHill89

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    What are ur gaming settings?. Everythin on mine is set to auto but it looks washed out. Only setting the tv to Normal HDMI RGB gives you deep blacks but the problem is the blacks are crushed meaning its too dark & loses detail. Setting the tv to Full RGB is washed out which is strange because you'd think that it'd be the other way round.

Theres no in between, its either washed out or has crushed blacks. On ur pics the blacks are too dark, theres no balanced setting as Auto defaults to washed out. Mine is being returned to John Lewis on the 20th & im gonna get a monitor instead. I have a week to still give it a chance but these issues & the awful motion can't be overlooked.

26. Mattchew

Mattchew

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    On my pics its the camera making the blacks look darker than they actually are. For example the character looks too black so you can't see detail on the character in the pictures, but in person you can see all the detail on him properly. All my PS4 picture settings are set to automatic and on the TV i'm using two modes for gaming, Game Mode and True Cinema. Game Mode will blow the colours out but its still alright if you like a picture that pops. True Cinema is more accurate/natural and you can calibrate it properly. I also have an Xbox One X. The Xbox One X comes with built in calibration software. When calibrating True Cinema mode all of the test patterns showed up perfectly with nothing crushing or whited out. My calibrated settings for gaming in True Cinema mode are...

Backlight 20
    Contrast 99
    Brightness 0
    Sharpness 0
    Colour 51
    Tint -2
    Colour Temprature Normal
    Vivid Colour Off
    Adaptive Backlight Control Mid
    Ambient Sensor Off
    Resolution Remaster Off
    Noise Reduction Off
    Dynamic Range Remaster Off
    Clear Motion Off
    Colour Gamut Normal
    Gamma 2.2
    All the HDMI settings on the TV set to Auto.

Here's another couple of pictures of a dark game Bioshock 2. Not too black and can see all the details in the dark areas. Not whited out either.
    20190612-070929
    20190612-070926

What HDMI cable are you using btw, you using the PS4 PRO with the right 4K HDMI cable? I have no motion problems with this TV either btw. Game Mode its just 14ms.

27. SilentHill89

SilentHill89

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    yes, I've figured it out btw. The correct HDMI settings for this tv are - HDMI RGB Normal & on PS4 HDMI Limited. This is the correct balance of this tv. Anythin else is either washed out or crushed blacks, including auto.

28. Roggster

Roggster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
  29. bowman1

bowman1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Thanks for the link. That article doesn't really do anything, it's doesn't try and sell the TV as it doesn't go into any really features and it's not even a good marketing advert. Not sure why they didn't put some effort into it. I would be upset if I was Currys and I had paid for that.

30. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,391
    Still waiting for Vincent's review over at hdtvtest. No other reviewers seem interested.