1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic GX7 and white balance setting

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by davidpow, Jul 1, 2002.

1. davidpow

davidpow
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I want to manually set the white balance on my GX7. I follow the instructions in the manual to do so (put lens cap on, zoom to get "all white" and then select manual white balance setting). However, I can never get to the point where the white balance symbol stops flashing (giving me my new setting).

I also assume that the stting will reflect the conditions in which you carry out the operation (so, if it is bright, sunny and by the sea, you will get a high (numerical) white balance?

I noticed that Bill Stennet had a similar problem on the MX8...but saw no responses to solve it in that thread.

thanks
    - Dave

2. davidpow

davidpow
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So, I have found out the answer to my problems which others might be interested in as it is not documented in the manual.
    To set the white balance manually, you must have digital zoom switched off (I normally have it set to 20x). Once it is enabled, the steps detailed in the manual work a treat.

- Dave