Panasonic GT60 Owners thread part1

Had a play tonight and went with the suggested settings and sky HD was still bad. Watched Modern Family and it was very obvious to me at times :(
Game of Thrones was better though.

I tried a blu ray (pulp fiction) and could see some DSE so switched off the 24p option and it reduced it.

Maybe I need to phone RS to see what they think. I honestly am not sure if the picture quality benefit over an LCD is going to be enough if this issue is going to bother me whenever watching it.

How long do you normally get with retailers to send it back if I can't live with it?
I want to do more testing but best phone it in to let them know I guess.

Had a play tonight and went with the suggested settings and sky HD was still bad. Watched Modern Family and it was very obvious to me at times :(

I tried a blu ray (pulp fiction) and could see some DSE so switched off the 24p option and it reduced it.

Maybe I need to phone RS to see what they think. I honestly am not sure if the picture quality benefit over an LCD is going to be enough if this issue is going to bother me whenever watching it.

How long do you normally get with retailers to send it back if I can't live with it?
I was the same as you, i hated this set at first, but its improved and the good outweighs the bad now.
Its a shame that some channels seem to be almost "off limits" when using this set due to the horrendous DFC but I'm not a big TV watcher, more ps4/blu ray and kids TV for the little 'un (disney HD looks amazing btw). Britain's got talent, big brother and game of thrones are all things I've watched recently that looked really good in HD.

Sorry that ddidn't work for you.
Did you reset all your previous values including advanced 10 p wb and gamma before applying new settings?
Also, fast camera moving films like modern family, I find them more "watchable" with ifc turned off.

I did thanks. I found I had to have IFC off as it created judder and I didn't like it. It also causes lip sync issues.

It's such a shame as I love everything else about this set. But as 60% of its use is watching Sky HD then I'm not going to be able to avoid the issue. Even my wife could see it and she does not normally notice anything like that.

Looks like il have to pick an LCD set maybe.
I'm sure it will be an improvement over my old LCD TV.

I hope RS are good with things like this I could do without a battle.
I'll phone them later and post back what happened.

You could always try ifc to med or max for non movie content but that will introduce soap opera effect and halos around movin objects. But it will get rid of dfc.
You could also look for a higher spec model in the range if the budget allows just to see if it's better in this regard.
While free from this nasty DFC thing, lcd-leds have their own motion issues.

I can't stand IFC at med or max it looks awful. I tried it the first few days and could not live with it.
I already upped my budget to get this set so Im at my max unfortunately.

I have no doubt motion wont be as good on an LCD but when I'm watching some things and think that it would be better to watch it on my 7 year old LCD as it would not have DFC then surely id be better off with a new LCD.

When I phone RS if they have another set would it be worth trying it? From what I understand DFC could be caused but the glass not being flat so therefore might be better on another panel? Or would all GT60's have this issue?

Thanks for you help.

Dfc is not caused by the glass!
You could always try a Samsung pdp since there are much less reports of this issue or look at vt60 to see if it's the same.

Jaimwa, please keep me in touch with news regarding this annoying problem. Thanks and good luck.

Spoke to RS and they will e-mail some settings to reduce the issue as recommended by their tech people.
If it does not I need to phone them tomorrow and can arrange a refund or replacement.

Spoke to RS and they will e-mail some settings to reduce the issue as recommended by their tech people.

Please post them here... Very, very curious what they pull out of their hat.
:D

Wait... these are the links from the e-mail RS sent you?
These are what they call the settings from their tech people? :facepalm:

I'm resigned to the fact that I'll now have to look at LCD's a shame.

I'll phone RS tomorrow and arrange collection.

I bought mine in Feb from TPS and have no issues with the tv however I still haven't received my warranty information and im starting to get concerned

Hi, there's a phone number on the slip you keep which you can call to chase it up. If you don't have it call us tomorrow and we'll chase it for you.

Regards

Craig @ TPS

Hi, there's a phone number on the slip you keep which you can call to chase it up. If you don't have it call us tomorrow and we'll chase it for you.

Regards

Craig @ TPS

Hi Craig thanks for the response. A friend of move has been calling you for about two months and still nothing.

All i have from you is my receipt for the TV. E bloke in the shop said he'd sort the warranty fur me

Anyone know where I can get a 50" GT60 (or VT perhaps) from at all ? I've looked all over the shop and can't find one for the life of me !

Ideally I want a new one.

I can't stand IFC at med or max it looks awful. I tried it the first few days and could not live with it.
I already upped my budget to get this set so Im at my max unfortunately.

I have no doubt motion wont be as good on an LCD but when I'm watching some things and think that it would be better to watch it on my 7 year old LCD as it would not have DFC then surely id be better off with a new LCD.

When I phone RS if they have another set would it be worth trying it? From what I understand DFC could be caused but the glass not being flat so therefore might be better on another panel? Or would all GT60's have this issue?

Thanks for you help.
Although not 100% happy with this set i will say getting over the initial shock of a new sets (especially plasma) way of doing things is the first hurdle. I think you get so used to the way a set handles, watching it every single day for years on end, that a set just purely being "different" (even better) comes as a big slap in the face.
The TV will get better over time but thats a gamble you'll have to take, older shows and a lot of U.S sd content is always gonna look bad on this set but playing wolfenstien in 1080p/60fps(hz) on the ps4, I've never seen a set handle motion so well and have such good black levels. Same with blu rays at 60hz.

It depends if you can live with that, pretty much ruling out poor quality shows.

I think ill have to switch Ben, the new Sony W8 looks like the front runner at the moment.

Thanks for your help mate.

no idea but would be interesting to see what it does.

Just as an update to my green flashing bands. They replaced the faulty A board and I'm getting it back today.

From that link RS sent you:
Also, the familiar plasma benefit of pretty much zero crosstalk ghosting noise holds blissfully true. This makes it much easier to become immersed in the lovely full HD 3D images the active shutter system was designed to deliver.

Thats total bull. Sky HD has horrendous crosstalk and ghosting, killzone, although great in 3d has pretty bad ghosting on anything that comes "out" of the set.
Batman AA looked great as does avatar but theres definitely instances of crosstalk and ghosting on this set.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom