For Sale Panasonic GT60 50 inch - Virtually new

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by helloeveryone, Feb 28, 2018.

1. helloeveryone

helloeveryone
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi everyone,

I am advertising what is probably as close to brand new as you will find for this model of TV. It was purchased in early 2014 from Richer Sounds with a 5 year warranty (which means roughly 1 year remaining).

You will see in the pictures that the original film wrapping is still present on the bezel and the remote. Usage (in hours) is reported as 38, mainly just used for evaluation and test purposes (more on this later in the thread).

This was originally purchased as a TV for a new flat that I was planning on getting at the time. I did not end up moving and the TV has sat in a living room, secondary to a CRT which has been used as the main TV this whole time. The CRT has finally gone and the Panasonic is probably a bit on the large side to switch to permanently. It is time to sell the Panasonic rather than keep it here unused.

IMG_20180227_084604.jpg IMG_20180227_084635.jpg IMG_20180227_084824.jpg IMG_20180227_084732.jpg

Price and currency: £600
    Delivery: Goods must be exchanged in person
    Payment method: Cash only
    Advertised elsewhere?: Not advertised elsewhere
    Prefer goods collected?: I prefer the goods to be collected

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
    • Name and address including postcode
    • Valid e-mail address
    DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  2. Vicarious_Eyes

Vicarious_Eyes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    I'm interested in this, but your asking price is far removed from any trend for these TVs recently.
    Collection not a problem in Edinburgh (although not just now with that weather!).
    I have an agreed sale for this same model with a new screen for £380: For Sale - Panasonic 50 Gt 60 -New Screen

I'm collecting that one when we can agree a suitable time (this weekend is off due to weather). Also on that thread are several links to similar TVs and their selling prices.

I'm in the market for another one of these for a friend, would you give consideration to your asking price and entertain an offer at a more realistic level? P.S. your asking price must be firm, not "offers over".

3. helloeveryone

helloeveryone
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi, thanks for getting in touch. It may be a bit high but the last search I did here showed used sets being sold around the £450 mark last year so I adjusted the price given the condition and lack of use. £380 is a bit too low for me I'm afraid but thank you for the offer.

Apologies, I did not know about the rules against "offers over". I'm not sure of alternative pricing at the moment unfortunately. I'll have to give it a bit more time to get a clearer idea.

4. PC1975

PC1975

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,462
    You can check exactly how many hours its done by: Menu > Help > System Information > Status 4

5. Vicarious_Eyes

Vicarious_Eyes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    That wasn't necessarily an offer I made, but I am interested as this TV will be ideal for me.

Can you provide links to any that have sold for £450? (PlasmaVirgin's thread didn't get a sale on here). As per the other sale thread, the links I provided show that the last one sold for £300. For the benefit of this sale thread, here they are:
    50GT50B £275: For Sale - Panasonic 50GT50B
    55VT50 £375: For Sale - PANASONIC 55VT50
    50GT60 £380: For Sale - Panasonic 50 GT60
    55ST60 (unsold) £350: For Sale - Panasonic TX-P55ST60 Plasma TV - £350
    50GT60 £380: For Sale - Panasonic TX-P50GT60 - Stunning TV!!
    50GT60 £300: For Sale - TX-P50GT60B Panasonic 3D TV
    50gt50 (unsold) £250: For Sale - Panasonic TX-P50GT50

So the last GT60 went for £300, GT50s are going for £250. I do note that your example is neaer new condition, but so is the one I'm picking up for £380!

6. Vicarious_Eyes

Vicarious_Eyes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Is it boxed, with 3D glasses and the Touchpen?

7. helloeveryone

helloeveryone
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thank you for that. I have attached a photo reporting the number of hours in operation. I have not so much as watched an entire movie on it myself in these 4 years but it has seen some slight use in the past week as a stop-gap until we replace it with something smaller. That may account for the figure shown but I cannot verify what it left the factory at.

It certainly goes some way to verifying that all is still in perfect working order but I will try to ensure that it does not rise given that I am selling.

IMG_20180301_090727.jpg

8. helloeveryone

helloeveryone
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Those accessories will be in the box (which I believe I still have, probably in the attic). What you see pictured is all that I have unboxed.

9. helloeveryone

helloeveryone
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thank you for that. £380 certainly looks like great value, I would say that is a good deal.

The article I am referring to from a search of "GT60" in the classifieds is the following:

10. Vicarious_Eyes

Vicarious_Eyes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    The one linked didn't sell on the forum and attracted no interest in a week of advertisement. The one I've bought in Aberdeen also attracted no interest at £500, hence eventually agreeing a sale at £380 (also in nearly new condition, a good barometer for the value of this one).

One more question/ condition - is it from a smoke and pet free home?

I can offer £400 cash and collect as soon as weather permits (earliest likely to be Saturday).

11. helloeveryone

helloeveryone
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi there,

Yeah it's from a smoke and pet free home.

Unfortunately the £400 ballpark is still too low, as is £450 such as in the link I provided. It does not make a difference where it was sold. I can try other avenues also and still have the option of keeping it if I do not achieve a suitable price. I do appreciate your engagement however. Apologies for not being able to match your requested price.

Thank you

12. Vicarious_Eyes

Vicarious_Eyes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    No problem. It's still a 4 year old TV with obsolete technology, there are now OLEDs selling for below £600 here.

Good luck with your sale and please let me know if you decide to reconsider your asking price. I would likely still be interested at £450 and I've got cash waiting.

13. helloeveryone

helloeveryone
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks for that, I'll definitely keep you in mind for this TV. I'll keep the advert here for a while longer but do let me know if you decide to go for the other model. It sounds like excellent value.

14. Vicarious_Eyes

Vicarious_Eyes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Im already committed to buying the one in Aberdeen, that's confirmed and just needs to be collected. I have a friend who is also after the same model so this would be ideal.

Thanks.

15. Vicarious_Eyes

Vicarious_Eyes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Hi. Have you given any more thought to your asking price and what would be the best price you would be willing to accept?

A VT65 just sold here for £325 and there is a recent GT60 sale for £300 that I've already pointed out. I feel my previous offer of £400 was a very fair one.

I have an arrangement to collect the GT60 in Aberdeen this weekend, but if we can come to an agreement on this one, it would save me fuel and time (my friend who I'm buying for happens to be in Aberdeen and can collect that one).
    I can collect as soon as is convenient for you (possibly even today!).
    Thanks.

16. Vicarious_Eyes

Vicarious_Eyes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Still here..

17. Vicarious_Eyes

Vicarious_Eyes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Last chance...

18. Vicarious_Eyes

Vicarious_Eyes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    This guy seems to have disappeared. Shame, I was keen to do a deal.

19. Apsilon

Apsilon
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,524
    @helloeveryone, can you please confirm if this set is still for sale. If not, can you update for the benefit of those interested and archive?

Thanks