Panasonic GT50 or ST50?

Unlucky Alf

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to upgrade from a 26" TV and am leaning towards the TX-P42xx50B range, but can't decide to go for the ST50 (to be used for bluray, TV and some gaming, and not fussed about 3D/smart TV) or whether it's worth paying the premium for a GT50.

Not really worth paying that much more for the Gt50 over the St50,more calibration controls and THX mode only really separates the two. But if you can get the Gt50 for 50 quid more than the St50,which some shops are doing,then maybe is worth it.

Had a Gt50 and now have a St50,but for the price of a Gt50 50" i got a 50" St50 instead.

Not really worth paying that much more for the Gt50 over the St50,more calibration controls and THX mode only really separates the two. But if you can get the Gt50 for 50 quid more than the St50,which some shops are doing,then maybe is worth it.

Had a Gt50 and now have a St50,but for the price of a Gt50 50" i got a 50" St50 instead.

You got an ST for the price of a GT? bargain.:laugh:

I was looking at the 55" but it is more than double the price than the 50".

crazy

I take it that is a bargain price for the 50" VT at £900 at JL?

edit: just noticed they don't come with 3D glasses

GT at JL for £900, NOT VT

The 55" VT is around £1500-1700 depending on the retailer (more at JL) - these are not the same TV, VT is flagship. Good prices here in Manchester

http://www.tps.uk.com/tps/home.html?product_group_id=222&choice_id=135&tab_id=45

Read the reviews in the review section

I think (but check) you can still get 2 pairs of glasses by redemption before the end of the month

The GT does not come in a 55", the model down the ST does

sorry my mistake

ok, ideally I would like a 55" TV, if I could find the ST at a good price I would consider it however I think the GT @ 900 is a good price.

your opinion on this please? also any idea where I could pick up a reasonable price St 55 in comparison to the offer JL are doing on the GT50?

regarding the 3D glasses, so I might be able to redeem free pairs of glasses before the end of the month?

thanks

I think so on the glasses, but ask the retailer -here, have to buy by the end of March and claim by end April

Offer | Panasonic Promotions

Have you googled for prices on the 55ST50?

RS have a few (perhaps ex display) ones dotted around for £1300

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-txp55st50b/pana-txp55st50b

Hiway have at £1300 too with warranty in store (London, Edgware Road)

http://www.hiwayhifi.com/site/product.asp?section=2&cat=125&sub=533&prod=34423

Very much last knockings now on the 50 series Panasonics. New ones out soom (but expect to be 35-50% more than the outgoing equivalent at current prices)

At current prices, the VT50 is much better value if you can go up to £1600

Last edited:
I updated my reply, £1300 for the 55ST50 looks best

I wouldn't dally on the GT50, they have bought the price down recently

yes that's what I am thinking...

I am going to get the GT50 now

thanks for your help

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom