Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Panasonic GS400

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by digiguy, Mar 24, 2005.

1. digiguy

digiguy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right, I've dicided, after much thinking and asking lots of questions. I have decided that I will buy a Panasonic GS400. BUT whats this I hear there being a design fault, resulting is the mech being miss aligned resulting in a grinding noise? I have read that Panasonic are aware and wil fix the fault for free. I am right in thinking that the "newer" models from the factory should not have this fault? If so, how can I tell if my model will be free free from this fault, can i go by batch number?

Cheers all. :thumbsup:

2. videoman

videoman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There has been a lot about this on USA sites in particular. I'm about to buy one & I am going to buy where I get a 2 year warrenty free.

3. Timse1981

Timse1981

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Digiguy and Videoman, where are you buying and how much does the Panosonic GS400 cost?

Thanks

Tim

4. ptek

ptek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its only a minor mechanical adjustment, idler not fully meshing with take-up spool, covered by warranty and not a major concern, not really a batch problem, some do, some don't, its only about 0.2 mm adjustment to idler stopper position, a quick fix, so no need to worry.

5. videoman

videoman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys
    Nomantica looks a good bet at £973 at the moment with a 2 year warrenty or for the Birmingham Guy Electrocentre at £968.49 with 1 free tape (big deal)

Dennis

6. digiguy

digiguy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi.

Thanks to those who repied. I intend to buy from Jessops with a price match. I keep hearing about a two year warrenty. Am I correct in thinking that this should be standard where ever you buy the camera?

I have a question about the warrenty card that you get with products. Is it worth getting it stamped by the shop? I've never bothered before as they seem to be a questionaire about lifestyle.

Cheers all

7. videoman

videoman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Digiguy
    Almost all warrenties are only for 12 months. What is "Jessop price match"

8. Billy Hunt

Billy Hunt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    I enquired at Jessops about their price match it has to be a UK site selling genuine UK stock.But they didn't have any and would have to order it in.
    So I didn't bother and got my from ebuyer instead for £880.
    It isn't the UK model it's the international model, ebuyer offer their own 12 month warranty which I was happy to accept as I've returned a few things to them before with out any problems.Besides dealing directly with the manufacturer is a very slow process from my own experience.

As for the camera I'm very happy with it, I have a 36inch widescreen CRT TV and the pictures look stunning.You can get even more from it using the manual modes.
    From what I understand the tape transport noise only effects a really small perecentage of the camcorders and I haven't heard of anybody having problems with recently purchased camcorders

9. vulkan75

vulkan75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had this camera for 3mths uk version no probs..... :thumbsup:

10. digiguy

digiguy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all.

Got myself a GS400 a few weeks ago. It's fantastic! Cant wait for the summer and see the results.

Cheers :clap: