1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic GS3

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by swilt, Mar 5, 2003.

1. swilt

swilt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I have jsut purchased a GS3 and am very happy with it.

I have only used it though on the default settings, ie automatic white balance, auto zoom etc.

The type of filming I will be doing is mainly of my children in and out of the house

What I want to know should I make any changes to the set up of the camera to get the best use out of it?

Thanks in advance

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    When you spend a reasonable amount of money on your camcorder you can rely on the auto settings to do a good job.
    Manual adjustments will give improvements, but for general shooting (is that the right word :D ) of the children you will be better going with the auto settings. If set manually you will need to reset them every time you use the camera, and if going from inside to out you will need to reset again.
    When I have set the camera to manual is is usally for things like plays etc shot under coloured lighting that can sometimes confuse the white balance etc but for general use am more than happy with the auto settings. It just saves so much time and effort!

Mark.

3. EvilMudge

EvilMudge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For what you're trying to do then automatic controls are the best way to go. Manual controls are really there for when you can control what you are filming, or are trying to get an effect or look to your work - not exactly the kind of thing you need for filming kids.

4. swilt

swilt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks

Thats what I wanted to hear, saves me having to mess around.

:clap: