Panasonic G30 fault

ukperson79

Standard Member
Reaction score
Would be grateful for advice. Bought the G30 from audio vision direct a few weeks ago but only got round to setting it up today and already not working. I have the 5 year warranty.

Essentially turned it on everything ok went through set up entered pin and postcode etc then it did the freeview tune finished that then saw a picture for 5 seconds then heard this wooshing gas noise then the picture disappeared. ?a smell from the back too!

Since then when switch it on just get the green light at the bottom remote does nothing and no picture. :mad:

So not what I expected first day using it. I realise its got warranty. Should I contact audio vision or panasonic? Am I doing something wrong? Also is it best to reject the set now or could a repair that works be feasible?

Thanks again for advice and very sorry this is my first post of bad news :thumbsdow

Would be grateful for advice. Bought the G30 from audio vision direct a few weeks ago but only got round to setting it up today and already not working. I have the 5 year warranty.

Essentially turned it on everything ok went through set up entered pin and postcode etc then it did the freeview tune finished that then saw a picture for 5 seconds then heard this wooshing gas noise then the picture disappeared. ?a smell from the back too!

Since then when switch it on just get the green light at the bottom remote does nothing and no picture. :mad:

So not what I expected first day using it. I realise its got warranty. Should I contact audio vision or panasonic? Am I doing something wrong? Also is it best to reject the set now or could a repair that works be feasible?

Thanks again for advice and very sorry this is my first post of bad news :thumbsdow
Contact Audio Vision mate.
You bought it from them so its down to them to sort it out. As its been a few weeks they may offer a repair, then again they may replace.

Welcome to the forums.
Sorry to hear it's blown, just one of those things and it happens sometimes.
No, you haven't done anything wrong either.

Go to your dealer, as that's who you have the contract with.
Depends how long you've had it, but you could try and push for a new set, but don't be surprised if they refuse.

hi thanks for reply have had it 3 weeks but only turned it on today due to not having a stand....what would u do in my situation? feel gutted to be honest :(

hi thanks for reply have had it 3 weeks but only turned it on today due to not having a stand....what would u do in my situation? feel gutted to be honest :(
If it was me I would give Audio Vision a call and explain to them whats happened and it was the first time you turned it on.
You havent done anything wrong with it mate so dont worry sounds like it is a duff set.

You never know they may get an exchange sorted as a gesture of good will or get a repair agent to sort it right away.

And welcome to AVF sorry ment to say that in my first post.

thanks for all the quick replies will contact audio vision i thought panasonic were infallible thats why they throw in the 5 year warranty!! guess just unlucky. may i ask what the fault sounds like? or could it be anything. just dont want to end up with a lemon if possible that needs frequent repairs.

Sounds like the power supply, which is often the weakest link in most tellies, but it could be anything.

i thought panasonic were infallible

Not infallible, but generally pretty good.
It really is a case of bad luck and like I said, it does happen, albeit very rarely.

Going back to what you might have done wrong, the only thing could be that you've brought it in from a very cold room to a very warm one, which could cause condensation, but that's doubtful.

Just wanted to say that Audio Vision sent a new set and am very happy with the new set.

Any tips on settings to get the best picture?

thanks

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom