Panasonic G30 '1080 HD Ready'

thedotlal

Play.com - Buy Panasonic 42 inch TX-P42G30 B / 1080p Full HD Ready / Freeview HD / Plasma online at Play.com and read reviews. Free delivery to UK and Europe!

Just had a look at the G30 on play.com and noticed that on the first picture it says '1080 HD Ready' and not Full HD or HD Ready, can anybody explain to me what this means as I was a little disappointed when I bought my first HD ready set and found out that HD Ready wasn't actually 1080p. Now I know (I think) that the xx30 sets are all 1080p and some 3D, the g30 not supporting 3D.

But my question is, what does this '1080 HD Ready' mean? I don't want to be buying something only to find out, it doesn't do this or that.

Inferno

Distinguished Member
No one has made a mistake they call them 1080 hd ready now instead of full hd its the new terminology has been for a while.

thedotlal

Thanks for clearing things up.

Now to my next problem, I noticed that sometimes panasonic TV's end in the letter E and others in in the letter B. An example is here, this G30 shown by our very own AVForums shows the model ending in the letter E. http://shopping.avforums.com/pl/2-2704433/TVs/Panasonic-Viera-TX-P42G30E-Compare-Prices

Whereas on the Panasonic website the same model ends in the letter B. VIERA Flat Screen TV - 2011 Plasma TV - TX-P42G30B - Overview - Panasonic UK & Ireland

Does anybody know what these letters mean?

vickster

Distinguished Member
B = Britain; E = Europe I believe

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom