panasonic G3 memory problem please help ?

GGGERRY

Standard Member
Hi I am lost here ? I just purchased a G3 and was shocked to find it did not come with a memory card so I decided I would buy a good one so I bought a

Duracell Pro Photo Secure Digital (SDXC) UHS-I Memory Card - 64GB - 60MB/s - Class 10 (UHS Speed Class 1)

happily snapped away and can see the pictures on the camera luvly jubbly decided I would check em out on the PC
and it wont ? windows XP and the software that came with it photo fun studio

I get the message an Unsupported media is inserted
I phoned a camera shop he said my pc is too old to reconise the sd card ? its a dual core intel processor is there any way round it with different photo software ??
surely I dont have to change my pc ??
thanks for any help

Last edited:

GGGERRY

Standard Member
Hi using the USB lead and if I try to see the drive in my commputer it ask if I want to format it ?
if I use the panasonic software it says Unsupported media is inserted ?

its only a USB 2 PC not USB 3 someone has now said my pc wont see a 64mb card only up to about 16mb ?

GGGERRY

Standard Member
All sorted now it was a windows update file i needed to download It seems that if the card is 64 Gb or over, you need to use an exFAT type of format, which XP doesn't understand.

Forum member badger0-0 sorted me out with the info and linky thanks all :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom