Panasonic G3 Batteries

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by jedi master, Jul 27, 2012.

1. jedi master

jedi master

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Ordered A G3 yesterday and I am thinking of getting a second battery as I don't want the battery running up on my before or part way through the event at the Velodrome. The event is 3 or 4 hours, I have to be inside at least 75 minutes before the start, plus I have to get there 2 hours before that. Now as the officials batteries are £40+ I was looking at third party ones like these

1010MAH DMW-BLD10 BATTERY FOR PANASONIC DMC-GF2 G3KBODY 5055521600364 | eBay
    BOY 2x 1010mAh Battery for Panasonic DMW-BLD10 Lumix DMC-GX1 DMC-G3 DMC-GF2 GF2K | eBay

Question is, are they actually any good?

2. Jammyb

Jammyb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +576
    I always use 3rd party batteries in all my cameras, though normally try and stick to brands, energiser, innov8 etc. I get from 7dayshop or Amazon.

I personally carry about 4 batteries if I'm out for the day with a camera, if you shoot any video for example that will eat batteries.

3. mjcairney

mjcairney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,095
    To directly answer your question, I always buy a spare battery for my camera - usually from Ebay - and must say I have never had a problem with any of them, and have saved a small fortune into the bargain. :)

Cheers,

Martin.