Panasonic G10 Standby Power Consumption

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by cbrmick777, Jun 11, 2009.

1. cbrmick777

cbrmick777
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently bought a new Panasonic 42" G10, which I am really pleased with.

I have an Energy Plug (Watt meter), so out of interest I plugged the G10 into it to see what kind of power it was using.

During normal TV viewing, it consumed the amount of power was I expected.

However, I was surprised when I switched it off and it went into standby mode. When I turned it off, it was using 50W and then a few minutes later, you can hear it a click and it goes down to 25W. Reading the Panasonic website specifications, it stated 0.4W for standby mode.

I then checked the manual and it states:

0.4W (without monitor out recording)
    32W (with monitor out recording)

Does anyone know what this "monitor out recording" is and how do I turn it off? I do not have any programs setup in my Program Timer. I also thought it might have something to do with Viera Link, so I turned that off, but still using 25W.

Has anyone measured this before as I am thinking it might be my Energy Monitor?

Thanks.

2. LukeFoster2006

LukeFoster2006

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Hey, I believe the "Monitor Out Recording" allows you to record from the Freeview tuner when it is in Standby.

I think you can choose which scart socket it is output on and then you just use whatever recording device you want attached to it. I would imagine that the extra power usage is from the DVB tuner.

The only settings I can find to do with it are in the "Link Settings" section in the menu. Doesn't seem to have anyway to turn it off just change what it's output is, sorry but this all I can find looking through the menu on my PZ80.

Luke :thumbsup:

Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  3. mexx318

mexx318
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You never said how much power it was using during normal tv viewing. Can you share that information with us please?
    sound

4. Jim Di Griz

Jim Di Griz
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,698
    Ive heard this click (only does it once) when putting tv on standby.

I think (and I am not sure!) that this is to do with programmes you have selected for recording (so you will see the orange light on the front of the set). I havent actually got a recorder at the moment but I select programmes for 'recording' sometimes just as a reminder to watch them.

Any suggestions on a decent PVR to record freeview and freesat on the G10 most welcome!

5. cbrmick777

cbrmick777
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    During normal TV viewing, the power varies between about 200W and 300W. It really depends what is being displayed. I have my TV set to Cinema and Warm, with colour, contrast etc set to about 50%.

The Avfourms review of the G10 shows what the expected power consumption is, which is similar to what I am getting.

I still havn't found out if the TV is using 25W in standby or if my Energy Meter is not working properly. :(