Panasonic G10 Problems Thread - Part 1

So does your G10 have a problem

• No problems at all

Votes: 112 67.9%
  • Problem

Votes: 38 23.0%
  • Problem AND Replacement (same make / model)

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • Problem AND Replacement (different make / model)

Votes: 8 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of normal mate - its the dirty screen effect, not a major problem but annoying none the less.

I think he might be referring to something else when he specifically mentions faces.
When there is a shot of someone's face on the screen, and the camera pans, the skin tone breaks up into swirly coloured lines. Someone on the V10 thread complained of this and said it was due to "poor posterization".
I've noticed this too.

I think he might be referring to something else when he specifically mentions faces.
When there is a shot of someone's face on the screen, and the camera pans, the skin tone breaks up into swirly coloured lines. Someone on the V10 thread complained of this and said it was due to "poor posterization".
I've noticed this too.

i think thats about right what you just said (swirly coloured lines)

some times you can see this on white or blue back ground as well

i would like to know if anyone else having same problems :confused:

Yeah, I am but most of the time it's not too noticeable. If you watch Dragons' den when there are a lot of close ups of the faces with panning shots to the next person, it's really obvious.

There is some discussion about it on the V10 (basically the same as the G10) thread.

I've noticed this too.

here you go i found this picture in google, its exactly like this :eek:

Attachments

• original.jpeg
    original.jpeg
    32.1 KB · Views: 405
This shows the effect that I'm talking about.

Attachments

• 441px-Posterization_example.jpg
    441px-Posterization_example.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 490
Is it possible for a firmware update to actually fix the flickering issue? I mean, is it a problem with the software in the TV or is it a fault with the HDMI connection?

I said earlier that I did not have any problems with my set, and while playing my Xbox 360 at 1080p is fine, and no problems....... I have however tried watching some DVD's in my Sony Upscaling DVD player at 1080p on the second HDMI port and have noticed slight flicker, well I think its flicker, its like every 15mins or so the sound will stop for a second and the screen goes white, but when I set the DVD player to 720p it goes away!

Steve

There is a software update 1411_100 available for the european GW10 series which fix the 1080p/50 p/60 flicker problem.
I guess software updates for other models will follow soon

Hi guys, first message here :)

It seems that Panasonic already fixed flickering issue to release the new firmware, I'd read about this at Russian forum ;)

The guy "Gliverajavascript:p1('Glivera')" from Panasonic Russia was sent the new firmware (for the G10) to some people and they were reported that problem gone.

So I think it will be release very soon for others TVs versions. :smashin:

Here the forum:
http://forum.ixbt.com/topic.cgi?id=62:14684-37

Last edited:
I hope with this new new firmware coming (hopefully) we'll be able to adjust Gamma and other setttings in the menu like normal people do all over the world. Let alone the THX mode :)
dreams sweet dreams

In Australia on our G10s, menus are heaps different, and we have no THX mode only something called cinema, the V10 has THX here. My model is TH-P46G10A. Do your G10s have THX.

In Australia on our G10s, menus are heaps different, and we have no THX mode only something called cinema, the V10 has THX here. My model is TH-P46G10A. Do your G10s have THX.

ThX is only available for USA customers, they also have viera cast on there G10. there's is called TC-P..G10

Hi guys, first message here :)

It seems that Panasonic already fixed flickering issue to release the new firmware, I'd read about this at Russian forum ;)

The guy "Glivera" from Panasonic Russia was sent the new firmware (for the G10) to some people and they were reported that problem gone.

So I think it will be release very soon for others TVs versions. :smashin:

Here the forum:
Panasonic S1/G10/V10/Z1 - FullHD ïëàçìåííûå òåëåâèçîðû 2009 ãîäà [37] - Êîíôåðåíöèÿ iXBT.com

And how do we apply for this update? I cant speak Russian:eek:

ThX is only available for USA customers, they also have viera cast on there G10. there's is called TC-P..G10
I just looked up vieracast and its typical of living here in Aus. we miss out on all the neat stuff. Is there is any difference between THX and cinema mode? Is it just a licensing issue?

I knew i should not have come here, I downloaded the multiple colour zip and ran it thru the SD card. Now I see a lighter circle about the size of a ten cent piece, most obvious with full blue and green and almost non existant on red and black? After running the revolving colours for an hour or so, it has begun to fade, lucky i only have about 20 hours on this thing. I will run this overnight and see the difference in the morning.

And how do we apply for this update? I cant speak Russian:eek:

I asked your man on that forum and he told me that this update is for G10's that were sold in Russia only and he is not responsible for the consequenses that may occur in UK models. So i suppose we just have to sit here and wait for Panasonic to release a UK update

I asked your man on that forum and he told me that this update is for G10's that were sold in Russia only and he is not responsible for the consequenses that may occur in UK models. So i suppose we just have to sit here and wait for Panasonic to release a UK update

Mine is sold in the Netherlands, I have an TX-P42G10E. but I guess that is also not compatible with the update

I think you'd have to pretty brave to try that update. At least it shows that Panasonic are doing something, back in Japan, so it shouldn't be too long for the British/Euro update:)

I think you'd have to pretty brave to try that update. At least it shows that Panasonic are doing something, back in Japan, so it shouldn't be too long for the British/Euro update:)
The most interesting thing to me is that sales of G10 plasmas have just started in Russia and they already have firmware update for them! My 50G10 is almost 4 months old and heard nothing about updates from Panasonic in the UK or ROI so far... Weird innit

The most interesting thing to me is that sales of G10 plasmas have just started in Russia and they already have firmware update for them! My 50G10 is almost 4 months old and heard nothing about updates from Panasonic in the UK or ROI so far... Weird innit

Yeah but you know what they're like, there'd be a bloody revolution otherwise:devil::D

I knew i should not have come here, I downloaded the multiple colour zip and ran it thru the SD card. Now I see a lighter circle about the size of a ten cent piece, most obvious with full blue and green and almost non existant on red and black? After running the revolving colours for an hour or so, it has begun to fade, lucky i only have about 20 hours on this thing. I will run this overnight and see the difference in the morning.

THATS THE BRIGHTS SPOTS!!!!

i have been talking about these for months - praise be to Jebus, someone else has finally seen it......

LOL yeah you're right because they have to pay twice as much as we do for a G10 plasma over in Russia.:rotfl:

I was watching the latest Indiana Jones Film last night from Sky HD (I know its not the best film ever!) and when there were dark scenes with lights on, the lights being from lanterns or fluorescent lighting etc, I could see what I can only describe as long purple lines/haze where the light shone out from the lanterns or lamps etc. I know that is natural on lights anyway during films but the light which was given off from them seemed so much more pronounced and bigger/longer than it should be imo.

I'm not explaining this very well so I dont know if anyone can confirm this a fault or just a natural effect of plasmas etc?

Ok now i'm definately getting the 'flicker' on my Xbox 360, it doesn't happen often but when it does the picture moves up or down rappidly for a second. It hasn't done it for the last 2 weeks, and its starting to now. Will there be a firmware update that will fix the problem?

Steve

I was watching the latest Indiana Jones Film last night from Sky HD (I know its not the best film ever!) and when there were dark scenes with lights on, the lights being from lanterns or fluorescent lighting etc, I could see what I can only describe as long purple lines/haze where the light shone out from the lanterns or lamps etc. I know that is natural on lights anyway during films but the light which was given off from them seemed so much more pronounced and bigger/longer than it should be imo.

I'm not explaining this very well so I dont know if anyone can confirm this a fault or just a natural effect of plasmas etc?
I don't know if this is the same thing or not, but on sky anytime, have a look at Marnie. At the beginning (1 minute in) is a sky movies ad. At the end of this is a cartoon clip.
As it fades to black the sky sort of ripples.
Golfather76 and Boris360 were discussing something similar back on page 7.
Is this what you are seeing?
It doesn't bother me too much, but when you know it's there, you keep looking for it.
I'd like to know why it does it.

Last edited:
I don't know if this is the same thing or not, but on sky anytime, have a look at Marnie. At the beginning (1 minute in) is a sky movies ad. At the end of this is a cartoon clip.
As it fades to black the sky sort of ripples.
Golfather76 and Boris360 were discussing something similar back on page 7.
Is this what you are seeing?
It doesn't bother me too much, but when you know it's there, you keep looking for it.
I'd like to know why it does it.

Thanks for your reply.

I dont think I'm talking about the same thing though.

Mine was more like trails from bright lights on a scene but these were not moving images so technically weren't trails, but it looks like that if you know what I mean. You know when you sometimes see those pictures of a road at night and all of the cars headlights and street lamps leave a long trail of light? Sort of like that.

Its quite difficult to explain. You would see a lamp/lantern in a scene with long trails of bright blue/purple light either side of it, like below (the -'s represent the blue/purple lights):

------------------lamp/lantern--------------------

It may have just been that film but I think I've seen it elsewhere.

Everything else is fine and all images display fine, so I'm not convinced its a fault with my set. Just seems to display a little strange with some bright/flourescent lights on dark scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom