Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by Julie, Jun 6, 2009.
When you say at times it was almost 3D, which picture setting were you using when watching?
Welcome to the forums Hope you like your new telly, I find it more than acceptable - just give it time for you to get used to it
Just checked and its on Cinema/Normal.
I have a G10E and I keep IFC ON always as it improves the image clarity i.e. motion handling in any other case except with 1080p24 input signals when it has no effect even if the setting is on. Overscanning degrades the PQ so I keep that OFF.
It is easy to see the effects using test signals but much more difficult with live signal if one does not have two identical tv sets that can be compared side by side.
It could be that some previous models suffered from artifacts caused by IFC and that is why reviewers recommended to set it off.
I found a test that supports these findings: TELEVISIONS COM: Panasonic TX-P 42 GW 10 TV Review | Plasma TV | Flat-panel | Introduction
I got my 46" G10E yesterday and my initial review is...
1. Very very good SD image , my digital box scales the SD signal to 720p and feeds to the G10 producing DVD like quality of the SD programmes. I have also tried playing back some poor quality AVI's and to my surprise they look alot better on the G10 ( alot less visible mpeg blocks ) than they did on my LCD screen.
2. HD is very good, deep blacks and crisp image, simply stunning.
3. I was also impressed with the box it came in! pretty clever system used there to allow installation and avoid having to lay the tv flat when unboxing, but perhaps all plasma's come in such boxes? (this is my first plasma..)
Negatives so far,
1. Quality of the sound was not so great.
2. The remote feels cheap and the engineer that decided to put the "N" button next to the Menu button should be taken out back and ...be yelled at I recommend getting the Harmony One very nice remote.
3. I sometimes notice a slight flickering when the screen is mostly white , it does seem like im getting used to it though as it seems to be decreasing.
All in all Im very happy with my G10 and the upgrade from an older LCD screen seems massive to me. The PQ of my SD is far better on the 46" G10 than on my older 40" LCD.
I now realise I should have gone for the 50"
These [Game] settings are superb on my Xbox 360, only thing i've changed is Colour Balance to Warm.
Happy it was useful for someone...
I keep changing from normal to warm in game mode.. Don't know which is better..
Furthermore decided to leave IFC on for the other modes, I think it has some small benefits without sacrifices. Don't have any problem with sports. IFC is automatically switched off for 24P sources. 24P overrules the IFC.
Finally I found at that the EU model probably saves the settings per input, So now I am on Cinema on both my SD-PVR and HD-PS3... Only difference I have is the sharpness...
Which setting do you use for playing games? I was using your [Game] mode settings, but have been trying it with the [Cinema] settings and it seems great on my 360 also?
End of Part 3.
Continued at http://www.avforums.com/forums/plasma-televisions/1054296-panasonic-g10-owners-thread-part-4-a.html
Separate names with a comma.