Panasonic G10 or X10?

Hubcap

Standard Member
Reaction score
Looking for some advice on a these two tv's in 42 inch. I need a TV for the bedroom, I already have a Panasonic PZ85 in the living room, and don't know whether to move the PZ85 upstairs and get a G10 for downstairs or just save some cash and get an X10 for the bedroom.

I know the X10 is only 720p and if I got the G10 and moved the PZ85 then I've got two 1080p sets.

So the question is, is the G10 worth the extra cash over the X10? Is the G10 much better than the PZ85?

Any views and advice greatly appreciated.

For info, viewing distance in both rooms is about 8-9 feet.

Ive got a G10 and my viewing range is 6-7' but thats the way I like it - blu-rays in your face! :D

Personally, I would move the PZ-85 upstairs and buy a G10 for your lounge. But the X10 is such a bargain price I could see why you'd be tempted (I was).

Would feel strange to me buying a new tv and then putting that in the bedroom as opposed to being used as your main set? (or is that just me?!)

If it's for the bedroom, how about a P37C10, only £399!! from prcdirect.

What would the two TVs be used for? The G10 is worth the extra if you watch a lot of movies, especially blu-ray, and I would say gaming too, but the X10 is the better set (of the three) for watching SD TV. You could always go in the middle and get the S10, or as mentioned in the above post go gert cheap and get the C10 (which is still a very decent TV, especially for £400)

Thanks for the replies. The main TV downstairs would be used for Bluray movies, PS3 gaming and Sky (sd at the moment but moving to HD).

The tv upstairs would be used for sd primarily and also some Bluray movies.

The PZ85 seems pretty good on sd to me when watching Sky, is the X10 even better at sd?

Guess what I also need to know is if the G10 is much better than the PZ85, it's difficult to see them side by side nowadays as the PZ85 is not in the showrooms anymore.

The PZ85 seems pretty good on sd to me when watching Sky, is the X10 even better at sd?
I am really impressed by the freeview quality from my X10 and i've only had it for 2 days! The PZ85 is full hd, so SD won't be as good on there while the X10 is Hd ready.:thumbsup:

Guess what I also need to know is if the G10 is much better than the PZ85, it's difficult to see them side by side nowadays as the PZ85 is not in the showrooms anymore.
G10 is pretty good at SD, on par with the X10 according to people who have seen the two together. And of course the G10 will better at HD than the PZ85 and the X10 (better blacks, contrast, colours and motion).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom