Panasonic G10: How to turn off Intelligent Scene Controller in service menu?

pwnsweet

Standard Member
After months of research, I finally bought the TH-L37G10A (Australia). Absolutely love the TV except for one 'feature' - Intelligent Scene Control (ie, dynamic backlight).

I don't want to read through 100's of pages to get to the answer, so does anyone know how to turn this off in the service menu? I've delved into service menu's on my Sharp Aquos and Samsung so I'm not a noob. Please just tell me what the setting is called and how to turn it off (and any quirks/points of notice if they exist).

I assure you that your 5 minutes spent posting a reply to this question that leads to the solution will be eternally cherished and appreciated.

pwnsweet

Standard Member
Why not just switch to Movie/Cinema mode?

Hey man thanks for the reply. I switched it to Cinema mode and, as you said, it works! However, seeing as this TV will be used almost exclusively for Games I really would like to use the Dynamic picture mode. In comparison to Dynamic, Cinema mode is very 'flat' looking. 'Dull' may be a more appropriate term. I've tweaked the settings within the Cinema preset but to no avail. I just can't get it to look like Dynamic.

Nielo TM

Distinguished Member
You've just answers your own question ^-^

Dynamic mode engages active gamma correction, software dynamic contrast and hardware dynamic contrast.

If you want to disable the HDC and AGC, use Movie Mode.

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom