Panasonic G1 cannot delete photos

Mr Ess

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Trivial question....sorry but my father has recently purchased a Lumix G1 and we cannot find a way of deleting the photos from his PC when he connects his camera. He can delete when using the camera but when you try to delete the files on the PC it says they are write protected or read only.

Anyone know if there is a setting to prevent this protection on the SD Card?
:rolleyes:

Trivial question....sorry but my father has recently purchased a Lumix G1 and we cannot find a way of deleting the photos from his PC when he connects his camera. He can delete when using the camera but when you try to delete the files on the PC it says they are write protected or read only.

Anyone know if there is a setting to prevent this protection on the SD Card?
:rolleyes:

Hi, what OS is your dad using, what software is he porting the pics to his PC with.

Mark.

Hi. Thanks for the replies. It's windows xp and he's just browsing the camera from explorer. No software as he's not a computer kind of guy and can just about move photos from windows shortcuts I've made on his desktop

Hi,

I just tried it (for the first time) on my computer (running Vista Premium), and, from Windows Explorer, it works !

CU,
Rafael

Is the copy protection switch on the card in the wrong position?

Also why doesn't your dad take all the pictures off the card and review and delete on the PC, that way you get a better look, its quicker to open and delete pics coz your not having to read the SD card, and you get a nice empty card every time you take the camera out.

Is the copy protection switch on the card in the wrong position?

Also why doesn't your dad take all the pictures off the card and review and delete on the PC, that way you get a better look, its quicker to open and delete pics coz your not having to read the SD card, and you get a nice empty card every time you take the camera out.

Wasn't aware of a copy protection switch. I will get him to check that out. Can't move from sd to pc because it errors when moving with protection error.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom