Panasonic FZ series (802 & 952) OLED Owners Thread

I have had the 55fz802 since June and until now have had no issues. The picture quality is absolutely amazing.

However, this week, whilst watching Suits on the TV's Amazon Prime app, I am getting lots of stutter. Happening numerous times through each episode. Thought it was a bad broadband connection at first, but has been doing it for the last week now!

It's not motion judder, which has been mentioned before on this forum. It's definitely a stutter. A previous poster described it well as 'A sudden discontinuity in motion, generally perceived as either a skipped or a repeated frame due to a breakdown in the motion processing in the TV'.

Has there been a firmware update recently, as I can't understand why this stuttering has just started? First 3 seasons of Suits did not see a single stutter, now in season 4 it happens every couple of minutes!

If I can't find a solution, TV will have to go back as it's unbearable!

BTW, I have all motion processing turned off (IFC black frame etc.)
The only time I've experienced anything similar to yourself was when I watched Bosch series five about a fortnight ago in HDR - nothing major, but every 10 minutes or so the odd judder would appear but that was it, and you were left wondering if it had actually happened at all.
But it bothered me enough to don my anorak and get a bit anal, (no, this isn't a veiled reference to dogging before anyone messages in disgust and/or excitement), so I watched the same episode via the Prime app on my Panasonic UB820 and lo and behold it did precisely the same.
So clearly this suggests the fault doesn't lie with the 802's inbuilt Prime app but rather with the TV itself.
My download speed is 100 and something so that's not a factor either.
It's weird, because on all the other Prime and Netflix HDR output shows no signs of judder.
Or if it does I'm too blind to notice and a trip to Specsavers may be overdue.
And in over 12 months of happy watching that is my one and only quibble.
In the grand scheme of things I reckon I can live with that.

The only time I've experienced anything similar to yourself was when I watched Bosch series five about a fortnight ago in HDR - nothing major, but every 10 minutes or so the odd judder would appear but that was it, and you were left wondering if it had actually happened at all.
But it bothered me enough to don my anorak and get a bit anal, (no, this isn't a veiled reference to dogging before anyone messages in disgust and/or excitement), so I watched the same episode via the Prime app on my Panasonic UB820 and lo and behold it did precisely the same.
So clearly this suggests the fault doesn't lie with the 802's inbuilt Prime app but rather with the TV itself.
My download speed is 100 and something so that's not a factor either.
It's weird, because on all the other Prime and Netflix HDR output shows no signs of judder.
Or if it does I'm too blind to notice and a trip to Specsavers may be overdue.
And in over 12 months of happy watching that is my one and only quibble.
In the grand scheme of things I reckon I can live with that.
Pretty much my exact experience. Occasional, doesn't happen on all HDR content and doesn't matter if its the same material displayed via the inbuilt apps or external devices, proving the issues is the TV and not the source. Given it's so occasional I'm prepared to overlook it.

I'd happily accept a FW update to address it though, as long as it doesn't cause any knock on issues. Much like those that Apple send out. :rotfl:

My 55FZ802B has a brilliant picture on HDTV but a dire picture on Analogue (Front door camera in a block of flats) The picture looks much better on other tv's so it is not the signal quality. Any ideas?

Much like those that Apple send out. :rotfl:

:D
Worms/of/can - Hell hath no fury like an Apple fanboy scorned, my friend.
I foolishly dared to suggest their products were overpriced and and style over substance on another forum.
The death threats still arrive, although not quite so frequently.

:D
Worms/of/can - Hell hath no fury like an Apple fanboy scorned, my friend.
I foolishly dared to suggest their products were overpriced and and style over substance on another forum.
The death threats still arrive, although not quite so frequently.

Not an Apple fanboy mate.

Only posting to clarify that. Won't be opening the can of worms.

Tried various combinations trying to eliminate the green colour shift problem im getting. Tried multi room sky box. Recordings of football on both boxes. Live football and golf. Changed hdmi ports. Also tried BBC I player built in app for a recording of motd. I still get the green colour shift no matter what. I also got it in my ez952. I sit off centre to the screen. So the rhs of screen is always a lighter green. Then if I get up and walk from right to left the colour shift is very easy to see. Does no one else see this? I can't be the only one surely lol. I bought oled for the great viewing angles but in this instance it's terrible

Tried various combinations trying to eliminate the green colour shift problem im getting. Tried multi room sky box. Recordings of football on both boxes. Live football and golf. Changed hdmi ports. Also tried BBC I player built in app for a recording of motd. I still get the green colour shift no matter what. I also got it in my ez952. I sit off centre to the screen. So the rhs of screen is always a lighter green. Then if I get up and walk from right to left the colour shift is very easy to see. Does no one else see this? I can't be the only one surely lol. I bought oled for the great viewing angles but in this instance it's terrible

Thats definitely one area we have no complaints. Consistency across pretty wide viewing angles (we have a large sofa opposite the TV) has been one of the big bonuses for us. No discernible colour shift at all, even if sitting at either edge of the sofa, or moving from one side of the room to the other.

Thats definitely one area we have no complaints. Consistency across pretty wide viewing angles (we have a large sofa opposite the TV) has been one of the big bonuses for us. No discernible colour shift at all, even if sitting at either edge of the sofa, or moving from one side of the room to the other.

Do you think I may have a faulty model? It done the same on my ez952 so I find it very strange. It can't be the sky boxes as it does the same thing via BBC I player built in app

Do you think I may have a faulty model? It done the same on my ez952 so I find it very strange. It can't be the sky boxes as it does the same thing via BBC I player built in app
Do you have any examples of the fault?
As mentioned prior viewing angles are pretty much perfect on any OLED in fairness, I watch loads of sport on mine and never seen an issue.

Do you have any examples of the fault?
As mentioned prior viewing angles are pretty much perfect on any OLED in fairness, I watch loads of sport on mine and never seen an issue.

Yes please see attachent. Look at the right hand side of screen. This is from where i sit. You can see the green is completely washed out on this side of the screen

Attachments

• 20191109_135002.jpg
    20191109_135002.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 110
More examples here

Attachments

• 20191109_135019.jpg
    20191109_135019.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 106
  • 20191109_140244.jpg
    20191109_140244.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 94
Now view from the left hand side of screen. You can see the green washed out colour has now shifted

Attachments

• 20191109_140926.jpg
    20191109_140926.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 100
Now view from the left hand side of screen. You can see the green washed out colour has now shifted
I have to say that doesnt look healthy or normal at all. How is it to you when you sit dead straight in front? Im Watching BT sport ultimate right now (via TiVo V6) and no colour Shifting issues. Have you tried some test slides? Could possibly be a signal issue?

I have to say that doesnt look healthy or normal at all. How is it to you when you sit dead straight in front? Im Watching BT sport ultimate right now (via TiVo V6) and no colour Shifting issues. Have you tried some test slides? Could possibly be a signal issue?

Just checked sitting straight on. I thought it was ok straight on before but I've now noticed it's still not. As you'd imagine I'm finding this issue very frustrating. What can I do to test things further?

These pics are from the built in bbc i player app so it must be a problem with tv and not the sky q box

Attachments

• 20191109_144610.jpg
    20191109_144610.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 94
  • 20191109_144709.jpg
    20191109_144709.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 78
These pics are from the built in bbc i player app so it must be a problem with tv and not the sky q box
Is it solely when watching football?
or specific to green colours? Do you see it when watching other content like
Movies E4, amazon prime / netflix etc.
Have you tried a full factory reset?

Is it solely when watching football?
or specific to green colours? Do you see it when watching other content like
Movies E4, amazon prime / netflix etc.
Have you tried a full factory reset?

Ive not noticed it in any other content other than football. But 90% of the time im watching football so this is a big issue for me. How do i factory reset the tv? Ill try that

Ive not noticed it in any other content other than football. But 90% of the time im watching football so this is a big issue for me. How do i factory reset the tv? Ill try that
Menu > setup > system menu > shipping condition.
I believe it that of the top of my head. Have you played around with any advanced picture settings etc?
Hopefully full reset makes an improvement.

Edit: factory reset the tv and it's
Menu > setup > system menu > shipping condition.
I believe it that of the top of my head. Have you played around with any advanced picture settings etc?
Hopefully full reset makes an improvement.

Just tried the factory reset. It's no different unfortunately. Yes I've messed around with different picture settings too. Some picture settings it's harder to see but it's still there. Once I know it's there it can't be unseen. I've just messaged Panasonic. Maybe they could replace panel? I've already had my ez952 replaced due to the panel maintenance rectangle. After one replacement set already, where do I stand?

Edit: factory reset the tv and it's

Just tried the factory reset. It's no different unfortunately. Yes I've messed around with different picture settings too. Some picture settings it's harder to see but it's still there. Once I know it's there it can't be unseen. I've just messaged Panasonic. Maybe they could replace panel? I've already had my ez952 replaced due to the panel maintenance rectangle. After one replacement set already, where do I stand?
It’s shame full reset didnt help, out
Of Curiosity what picture modes where you
Using? General Consensus seems to be Pro 1/2 & thx cinema to be the best.
Log an incident with Panasonic or even whomever you got the tv from, if they find a fault they may well exchange the panel, I’ve never needed a panel Replacement only ever had 1 tv get fully replaced and that was years back.

It’s shame full reset didnt help, out
Of Curiosity what picture modes where you
Using? General Consensus seems to be Pro 1/2 & thx cinema to be the best.
Log an incident with Panasonic or even whomever you got the tv from, if they find a fault they may well exchange the panel, I’ve never needed a panel Replacement only ever had 1 tv get fully replaced and that was years back.

Currently I'm using thx bright room. I've had long stints using pro 1 pro 2 and thx cinema. I find all the latter are either too dull or crush blacks so Ive settled on thx bright room for the moment

@Daveykinetic, I've just had a look at this on my EZ and I can confirm that there is a colour shift on green which changes with viewing angle. Essentially, if you move around the TV, green looks more yellow on the side that you're on. It's pretty flat directly on axis. I tried looking at a green test pattern (there's one on youtube called "4K 24fps Full Green Test Pattern") and can discern the colour shift on this. I suspect that this shift becomes more apparent when the camera pans and parts of the picture change colour as they move from one side of the screen to another, so it's much easier to see it on a football match than on a solid green test signal.

Clearly, this is not anything that you can change by resetting anything in your TV. It's a physical effect related to viewing angle, not to any settings in the TV. It's probably to do with the anti-reflective filters built into the front "glass". As such, I just don't think that there's anything you can do about it, I'm afraid. Sod's Law dictates that it's probably worse on green than any other colour, so football is going to show it up the worst.

@Daveykinetic, I've just had a look at this on my EZ and I can confirm that there is a colour shift on green which changes with viewing angle. Essentially, if you move around the TV, green looks more yellow on the side that you're on. It's pretty flat directly on axis. I tried looking at a green test pattern (there's one on youtube called "4K 24fps Full Green Test Pattern") and can discern the colour shift on this. I suspect that this shift becomes more apparent when the camera pans and parts of the picture change colour as they move from one side of the screen to another, so it's much easier to see it on a football match than on a solid green test signal.

Clearly, this is not anything that you can change by resetting anything in your TV. It's a physical effect related to viewing angle, not to any settings in the TV. It's probably to do with the anti-reflective filters built into the front "glass". As such, I just don't think that there's anything you can do about it, I'm afraid. Sod's Law dictates that it's probably worse on green than any other colour, so football is going to show it up the worst.

Gladly I'm not the only one with this problem. I had the same problem on my ez952 but I put it down to no absolute black filter. I can't understand how some of us are getting this and others not? I bought oled specifically for wide viewing angles. Turns out it's the worse than numerous lcds I've had in the past lol. Now I know it's there I'm never going to be happy with this tv if nothing can be done about it

Gladly I'm not the only one with this problem. I had the same problem on my ez952 but I put it down to no absolute black filter. I can't understand how some of us are getting this and others not? I bought oled specifically for wide viewing angles. Turns out it's the worse than numerous lcds I've had in the past lol. Now I know it's there I'm never going to be happy with this tv if nothing can be done about it
Im watching the Leicester/Arsenal game right now and tried pausing and viewing from straight on to wide and can see no distortion or colour shift fluctuations (other than the standard changes due to shadows of players and the use of Floodlights along with the pouring rain lol).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom