Panasonic FZ series (802 & 952) OLED Owners Thread

Where are they? How can we contact Panasonic in order to report an issue we are not facing with?

Again, where? One or two or even ten reporting this issue out of thousands of owners is, let me say, nothing.
Bear in mind 'I' said a few reports. They're in this very thread.

I also agree with you too, getting Panasonic to take notice will be difficult. In the case of the green horizontal lines, I at least captured that in photos and video, so have some evidence to share and discuss with them.

As of right now - I don't have an issue. The black level I believe has returned to normal, and the green lines have disappeared after the TV turned itself off. Obviously it's still of concern that such issues may resurface though.

Would there be a good upgrade of the included sound bar for about 300-400? (Surround sound). I'm not into spending loads though unfortunately.

For those that have upgraded the sound does the tv still look right without the soundbar bar fixed below (wallmounted) or is it better to leave it on?

I do find the surround sound mode on the bar makes the audio less clear under some circumstances and but not as good in standard mode in terms of been as immersive.

Lastly I take it any Atmos surround systems wouldn't be compatible with this tv? (And probably need to triple my budget I'd imagine lol).

Just extrapolating that a couple on here could equate to many more not on this forum and not many posting here either in relation to sales I'm sure
Or this impacts very few

Much as I can sympathise with those folks with 802's who have issues as highlighted, I very much doubt Panasonic will pay much more than lip service and going through the motions when it comes to addressing concerns, because as far as they're concerned there are new sets to flog and looking at it from their point of view they won't be going overboard busting their collective balls to remedy faults retrospectively via firmware updates because then folks won't bother buying new sets.
I've been convinced for a while now that TV's could be updated in this way for most new technological innovations, but it amounts to commercial suicide if folks keep sets for 10 years and just update as and when required.
It's called built-in obsolescence, and probably explains why my toasters, kettles and microwaves all decide to give up the ghost ten minutes after the warranty runs out.
Capitalism can be a double-edged sword sometimes.

Last edited:
Just had my 3rd maintenance cycle, safe to say once more...ZERO issues 😃
Also seems to have crept up on this thread but I haven’t suffered any brightness issues. In fact I thought the firmware update tightened things up.

Actually, I’ve seen no issues either. The talk of the latest firmware update and problems associated with it seems to have been a hot topic for the last week or so, yet the update was released on the last day of August as far as I can tell. I wondered if I was still to get an update before I checked.

What exactly is the problem that everyone is talking about? Are there any YouTube examples of it?

Had my FZ952 for almost six months now, so wanted to give my thoughts, as a non-techy user. My TV is connected to a Panasonic UB-820 UHD player, so I'll be commenting on everything from SDR to HDR.
- Having come from a Pioneer Kuro, this TV really does give you that cinematic feeling. The pictures it produces are so natural.
-HD channels on Freeview look great.
-THX bright room and THX cinema are super pre-sets. You can prob calibrate them further, but lifes too short when these settings are so good.
- The TV even makes DVDs look good. I popped in a few DVD over the weekend, and while the picture was overall softer than say Blu Rays, there were a few films that popped like 1080p films would. This really pleasantly surprised me and I was shocked at how good they looked. So much so, that movies I'd been waiting for a Blu Ray release of, I'll just pick up on DVD now.
- Blu Rays look incredible. Check out an underrated movie called Goon, the picture is stunning.
- UHDs look amazing too, but if I'm being honest UHD smacks a bit of the Emperors New Clothes to me. They don't look significantly better than Blu Rays, if at all. And when they cost so much in comparison, unless I can get a good deal, I'm perfectly happy with Blu Ray.
- The Technics sound bar is pretty good. Obviously not a replacement for a proper set up, but defo adds some oomph to movies.
- Overall, I'm super impressed with the TV. I know how easy it is to look for faults and tweak settings to the Nth degree, but just enjoy them. Would be nice if this thread had more discussion on what looks good on these sets and how much people are enjoying it.

Only downer for me is that the Freeview Tuner struggles to display any HD channel apart from BBC1 to Channel 5. I'm guessing that this is an issue with my aerial or connection than with the TV itself though.

Would there be a good upgrade of the included sound bar for about 300-400? (Surround sound). I'm not into spending loads though unfortunately.

For those that have upgraded the sound does the tv still look right without the soundbar bar fixed below (wallmounted) or is it better to leave it on?

I do find the surround sound mode on the bar makes the audio less clear under some circumstances and but not as good in standard mode in terms of been as immersive.

Lastly I take it any Atmos surround systems wouldn't be compatible with this tv? (And probably need to triple my budget I'd imagine lol).

If anyone knows anything about sound I'd appreciate some advice, am going to order an all in one set for around 400 shortly. I can get atmos speakers if they are compatible with this tv.. and are worth it :) Few different sets available form all the big brands.

Would be nice if this thread had more discussion on what looks good on these sets and how much people are enjoying it.

I agree!! Unfortunately it's just a dream, it's two months now posts are so boring and repetitive, speaking about some weird issues faced by just one or two users, I would give it a break here and I would open a specific thread… :thumbsdow

Had my FZ952 for almost six months now, so wanted to give my thoughts, as a non-techy user. My TV is connected to a Panasonic UB-820 UHD player, so I'll be commenting on everything from SDR to HDR.
- Having come from a Pioneer Kuro, this TV really does give you that cinematic feeling. The pictures it produces are so natural.
-THX bright room and THX cinema are super pre-sets. You can prob calibrate them further, but lifes too short when these settings are so good.
- The TV even makes DVDs look good. I popped in a few DVD over the weekend, and while the picture was overall softer than say Blu Rays, there were a few films that popped like 1080p films would. This really pleasantly surprised me and I was shocked at how good they looked. So much so, that movies I'd been waiting for a Blu Ray release of, I'll just pick up on DVD now.
- Blu Rays look incredible. Check out an underrated movie called Goon, the picture is stunning.
- UHDs look amazing too, but if I'm being honest UHD smacks a bit of the Emperors New Clothes to me. They don't look significantly better than Blu Rays, if at all. And when they cost so much in comparison, unless I can get a good deal, I'm perfectly happy with Blu Ray.
- The Technics sound bar is pretty good. Obviously not a replacement for a proper set up, but defo adds some oomph to movies.
- Overall, I'm super impressed with the TV. I know how easy it is to look for faults and tweak settings to the Nth degree, but just enjoy them. Would be nice if this thread had more discussion on what looks good on these sets and how much people are enjoying it.

Only downer for me is that the Freeview Tuner struggles to display any HD channel apart from BBC1 to Channel 5. I'm guessing that this is an issue with my aerial or connection than with the TV itself though.
Good summary sir
Only stuff I will say is stay as far as you can from dvds, light million year far...
Looks good but nowhere near blu ray
This tv upscale good but it is no doctor strange. I have so many dvds but can’t watch them anymore !!!

Evening all, happy pana oled owner so far...
Need some help on two hopefully simple points please:
A. Screen mirroring: need to use screen mirroring from iPad and iPhone. Got conflicting options
1. Download Panasonic app on my iPhone/iPad
2. Use something called airserve?
3. Get the Molotov app from apps market. Could not check because of point B below

I don’t want to screw the wireless connection so will not be using easy mirroring. Thank you in advance for the help.

B. Apps market: when I click on it, I get :server temporarily unable to complete request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Is this message normal ? YouTube and Netflix plus prime works. I don’t use anything else really.
Guys, any advice please how to play an app on my iphone or iPad on the tv
Mirroring just allowed me to share pics or videos...from my phone
If i can’t fix it, i have to go the atv or amazon stick way I guess. Apps market now works so point B sorted
Thanks in advance

Good summary sir
Only stuff I will say is stay as far as you can from dvds, light million year far...
This tv upscale good but it is no doctor strange. I have so many dvds but can’t watch them anymore !!!

Thanks!
I know where you're coming from on DVDs, and perhaps I did exagerrate a bit, but I genuinely thought they would be unwatchable. Stuck in my DVD of Things to do in Denver when you're dead (another great underrated movie) and some scenes looked far beyond what I thought possible.

Would defo prefer a Blu Ray release.....but have given up now sadly so the DVD will have to do, so just glad the Pana does it's best to bridge the gap!

Thanks!
I know where you're coming from on DVDs, and perhaps I did exagerrate a bit, but I genuinely thought they would be unwatchable. Stuck in my DVD of Things to do in Denver when you're dead (another great underrated movie) and some scenes looked far beyond what I thought possible.

Would defo prefer a Blu Ray release.....but have given up now sadly so the DVD will have to do, so just glad the Pana does it's best to bridge the gap!
I am now 98 percent streaming and struggling fo use any form of hardware
Convenience and cost plus descent quality just is hard to beat

If anyone knows anything about sound I'd appreciate some advice, am going to order an all in one set for around 400 shortly. I can get atmos speakers if they are compatible with this tv.. and are worth it :) Few different sets available form all the big brands.
The FZ does not have and cannot pass Atmos.

Only downer for me is that the. Freeview Tuner struggles to display any HD channel apart from BBC1 to Channel 5. I'm guessing that this is an issue with my aerial or connection than with the TV itself though.
I've had mine for about 10 months moving from a kuro . To me the TV is stunning Netflix 4k upscale blu rays look amazing and the 4k blu rays are awesome. Ive just watched Aladdin and just wow

The FZ does not have and cannot pass Atmos.
But correct me if wrong, i can get atmos from uhd player I believe? Potentially from apple TV too?

Had mine 5 months and fantastic. So far it's helped because Wales are still in the RWC and I bought this tv to watch Wales in the final . Apart from all that I'm very impressed with the brightness and motion handling. No issues anywhere.
Fab telly

But correct me if wrong, i can get atmos from uhd player I believe? Potentially from apple TV too?
Yes any receiver with a minimum 5.1.2 speaker configuration can produce Atmos, as can Atmos enabled soundbars as long as the external equipment is connected by HDMI. The FZ by itself cannot produce Atmos nor pass it through. Basically if wanting to watch anything with an Atmos soundtrack then the FZ itself just becomes the video enabler.

I've had mine for about 10 months moving from a kuro . To me the TV is stunning Netflix 4k upscale blu rays look amazing and the 4k blu rays are awesome. Ive just watched Aladdin and just wow

I still have my krp and I find the pioneer picture more natural and warm does help with perfect uniformity. the fz952 has gone back.
Just couldn’t live with the horrible uniformity banding. Just something about a plasma picture especially pioneer.

Last edited:
Good summary sir
For anyone watching DVD's or Blu-ray's, if your 4K player doesn't auto switch resolutions (my UB420 does not), I would suggest dropping it to 1080p - let the TV do the upscaling. It's a little inconvenient, but a doddle if you have a Harmony remote.

Blu-ray's look so much better. I've not watched much in the way of DVD's but I expect that would be much improved too.

For anyone watching DVD's or Blu-ray's, if your 4K player doesn't auto switch resolutions (my UB420 does not), I would suggest dropping it to 1080p - let the TV do the upscaling. It's a little inconvenient, but a doddle if you have a Harmony remote.

Blu-ray's look so much better. I've not watched much in the way of DVD's but I expect that would be much improved too.
I agree. I have my Pioneer LX500 set to source direct which outputs the disc's native resolution to the FZ. The FZ does an excellent job of upscaling. Some blu rays can look stunning. If titles have an Atmos or DTS:X track on them, A Quiet Place as an example, I'll order the blu ray. It was a choice of £5 for the blue ray or £25 for the UHD. Clear winner for me.

Yes any receiver with a minimum 5.1.2 speaker configuration can produce Atmos, as can Atmos enabled soundbars as long as the external equipment is connected by HDMI. The FZ by itself cannot produce Atmos nor pass it through. Basically if wanting to watch anything with an Atmos soundtrack then the FZ itself just becomes the video enabler.

Ah that's fine then because the only thing I'd miss out on is the netflix app which I've got on other devices anyway. :)

Would any of these two be a good upgrade to the soundbar? To be honest if it would require more money I'd probably leave it for a while. The bottom one has Atmos Speakers (I'm not sure if I'd need a receiver with the latter as well though, that would put it out my price range).

Or

Ah that's fine then because the only thing I'd miss out on is the netflix app which I've got on other devices anyway. :)

Would any of these two be a good upgrade to the soundbar? To be honest if it would require more money I'd probably leave it for a while. The bottom one has Atmos Speakers (I'm not sure if I'd need a receiver with the latter as well though, that would put it out my price range).

Or

Even an entry level surround system is going to sound better than a soundbar. There will be greater separation between the front left and right and the surrounds can be placed for optimum listening. The upfiring aspect of the Onkyo will depend on your ceiling meeting certain requirements, ie, between 8 and 14 feet, perfectly flat, smooth and made of reflective material.

You will not get Atmos from the TV but will from certain broadcasts on SkyQ and other exterior applications. The Onkyo would require you to purchase a receiver.

We are getting ahead of ourselves though as the actual position of the TV may play a very important part in any decision. For 5.1 to work it's always best to have the TV in the middle of the wall. If the TV is in a corner then I would always recommend a soundbar as being the best option.

For a fairly good 5.1 you should be looking to budget between £800 and £1000 pound or alternatively take a look at the Forum's classifieds. Although somewhat expensive it would be a decision that you would not regret as the FZ and surround make for a fantastic cinematic experience.

Even an entry level surround system is going to sound better than a soundbar. There will be greater separation between the front left and right and the surrounds can be placed for optimum listening. The upfiring aspect of the Onkyo will depend on your ceiling meeting certain requirements, ie, between 8 and 14 feet, perfectly flat, smooth and made of reflective material.

You will not get Atmos from the TV but will from certain broadcasts on SkyQ and other exterior applications. The Onkyo would require you to purchase a receiver.

We are getting ahead of ourselves though as the actual position of the TV may play a very important part in any decision. For 5.1 to work it's always best to have the TV in the middle of the wall. If the TV is in a corner then I would always recommend a soundbar as being the best option.

For a fairly good 5.1 you should be looking to budget between £800 and £1000 pound or alternatively take a look at the Forum's classifieds. Although somewhat expensive it would be a decision that you would not regret as the FZ and surround make for a fantastic cinematic experience.

Thank you for the advice I'll go with the former then I think. My tv is in the perfect position for surround sound. I can appreciate surround sound but I think anything above that budget would be lost on me (I'm fairly new to all this, hence me getting a all in one set). I wonder if it's possible to add to this system over time?

For anyone that's got the model with the soundbar did you keep it on or take it off when you upgraded/added to your existing system? (Mine is wallmounted) :)

I have kept the sound bar even though I have a full 5.1 setup and use it frequently when watching programs that in my opinion don’t really benefit from upgraded sound such as news programs, soaps (don’t ask!) etc.
Whether it’s worth it for you depends on your viewing habits and also provides a backup option.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom