Quantcast

Panasonic FZ series (802 & 952) OLED Owners Thread

nickpike

Standard Member
You have the attached soundbar and a receiver attached. I don't know how the bar is attached but if you have the optical output to the receiver then any audio problems may be down to the receiver's settings or your position of the your speakers. FWIW I just have the 802 so no soundbar but an optical connection to a Denon receiver and it sounds very good to me. TV audio and streamed content volume can differ from programme to programme and not all are in 5.1.
Hi again. Some HD channels broadcast 5.1. I appreciate this will be heard on the 5.1 surround system, but will this have any effect on the sound bar? The bar is the type supplied with the TV, and hangs under the TV as the TV is mounted on the wall.
BTW, do you know of any info on the internet list preferred TV settings? There are so many settings, it all gets confusing.

Waynej

Distinguished Member
I've also just had my 2nd 80-min panel maintenance. Hopefully all continues to be well with this evening's viewing.

I do think it's worth noting that Harmony Elite users should keep an eye on their usage hours, as I have noticed the big panel maintenance prompt does not appear when powering down with the Harmony remote.

I was at about 2008 hours and wondering why the pop-up was not showing. I dug out the Panny remote from the cupboard and powered off with that, then the prompt appeared. I refused the maintenance and tried with the Harmony again, it did not appear. So finally powered down with the Panny remote and just did the big maintenance that way.

I guess you could just do it manually with the Harmony remote via. the TV menu - I gather most people probably don't keep an eye on their usage hours though.

Waynej

Distinguished Member
Those pics look great @Waynej. :smashin:

Still enjoying your FZ I take it?
Yeah, still very much loving it. I still need to have words with Panasonic and share some footage of an issue that keeps cropping up every so often - with erratic green flickering lines onscreen which go away after powering down.

I'm reluctant as I really can't be arsed at the thought of a repair and having people come out to look at it, especially when they're unlikely to see said issue in the flesh and only have my word and footage to go off.

Bemused One

Distinguished Member
Yeah, still very much loving it. I still need to have words with Panasonic and share some footage of an issue that keeps cropping up every so often - with erratic green flickering lines onscreen which go away after powering down.

I'm reluctant as I really can't be arsed at the thought of a repair and having people come out to look at it, especially when they're unlikely to see said issue in the flesh and only have my word and footage to go off.
Pleased to read you are still enjoying it, although it is a shame it's not all been plain sailing. How long have you had this green flickering issue? Is it quite sporadic? How long does it last when it does appear? Are you sure the TV is at fault and not one of your cables?

I hear you regarding a repair. I couldn't be annoyed with that kind of hassle either. However evidently something is wrong somewhere and surely it's best to hit up the retailer or manufacturer sooner rather than later while your warranty is still in it's first year?

I think capturing footage of the issue is the best way to go because how could they refute it?

Waynej

Distinguished Member
Pleased to read you are still enjoying it, although it is a shame it's not all been plain sailing. How long have you had this green flickering issue? Is it quite sporadic? How long does it last when it does appear? Are you sure the TV is at fault and not one of your cables?

I hear you regarding a repair. I couldn't be annoyed with that kind of hassle either. However evidently something is wrong somewhere and surely it's best to hit up the retailer or manufacturer sooner rather than later while your warranty is still in it's first year?

I think capturing footage of the issue is the best way to go because how could they refute it?
I'm trying to not let it bother me too much. I purchased from John Lewis and have a 5-yr warranty. I did inform them of the issue at the time and they suggested trying a factory reset. It's happened a few more times since.so that wasn't a resolution.

My assumption is it's a main board issue and will occur more frequently and may eventually become a permanent issue. As long as I can resolve it during my 5-yr warranty then I am not too worried about it right now as it occurs so sparingly, typically months apart.

Had I got it from somewhere like Amazon with only a 1-yr warranty then I'd be more concerned.

Last edited:

nickpike

Standard Member
Anybody plugged an SD card into this TV? It's supposed to go in with a click, and then press again for it to spring out. I hear no click and it appears jammed in the slot. I have to pick it out with my finger nail. It does play though.

JimBobRude

What’s the best settings for motion on the fz952
I use IFC off. That is the best ifc setting to see films ‘as the director intended’ I don’t mind a bit of motion blur though, I find it natural but IFC introduces the SoE and looks slightly off even at Min to me. Another tip for this tv is to make sure game mode and pure direct are turned off to get correct pulldown for 24p content.

MultiRoom

What’s the best settings for motion on the fz952
If there were a 'best setting' it would be a standard setting from the factory. Motion is just as subjective as colour, probably more so. It really is a case of whatever works best for you. Some use IFC, some think it's the work of the devil. I personally set it very low to take away the judder inherent to OLED. But it's clear that one setting doesn't work for everyone, and that's because everyone's eyes perceive motion and judder completely differently. It's the reason why there have been so many hot debates about it - but no one is correct, regardless what the 'purists' attempt to preach.

One tip I can give you is that regardless of IFC settings, the dimmer your screen the better the motion will appear. Try to find a sweet spot.

JimBobRude

If there were a 'best setting' it would be a standard setting from the factory. Motion is just as subjective as colour, probably more so. It really is a case of whatever works best for you. Some use IFC, some think it's the work of the devil. I personally set it very low to take away the judder inherent to OLED. But it's clear that one setting doesn't work for everyone, and that's because everyone's eyes perceive motion and judder completely differently. It's the reason why there have been so many hot debates about it - but no one is correct, regardless what the 'purists' attempt to preach.

One tip I can give you is that regardless of IFC settings, the dimmer your screen the better the motion will appear. Try to find a sweet spot.
Good advice, Funnily enough I’ve always craved for IFC that works for me even though I would consider myself a ‘purist’ . Out of interest, what settings within ifc do you use for blur and smooth film? I’ve not really experimented with my FZ like I did with the EZ. Willing to give some low IFC another shot.